Sign in to follow this  
rwy12

chatter question

Hi everyone

I am trying to install the rudder and stick sample atc chatter in p3d.

I understand  the bit about merging  Canadian and  USA  controller folders.

I am in UK-I am not sure how to create the folder order in P2A sound folder for other regions-

Can you please advise how do I make the chatter work in Europe.

Also is it important to point to the sound folder in P2A- I read both options.

I would like to purchase the stick and rudder ATC-can somebody tell me how good is it for Europe and middle east-I mainly fly in these areas.

Many thanks.

Qas

Just copy the Regions folder and all its contents to the ...Sounds\ATC_Chatter Folder.  Then clear the Sounds root folder entry in Config, select Controller Folder option and set Europe as the default region.  That way, when flying outside Europe, if there's no chatter files for that region, you'll get Europe chatter.

Dave

many thanks-I have followed the instructions but I am still having to manually activate the different regional  controllers in both the config and p2A.

For next update will it be possible to have the option to select more than 1 region in the default Regn. 

Qas

No changes to this feature are planned.  You just need to get your folders set up correctly.

Here's how they should be, starting with the Sounds folder in the P2A Installation folder:

...\Sounds\ATC_Chatter\Regions\Europe\Controllers\App

...\Sounds\ATC_Chatter\Regions\Canada\Controllers\App

...\Sounds\ATC_Chatter\Regions\United States\Controllers\App

etc.

Hi Dave,

I've bought Pilot2ATC a few weeks ago and I try and fly most of my flights with your excellent tool.

Still, there are some weird things when I do something it does not expect, but that's how software works ;)
Most of the time, it is wonderfully immersive !

I tried to configure X-ATC-Chatter, following your advice here and in other threads, but I never hear any chatter.

Here's my configuration ; could you please tell me what I do wrong ?

v5ELjEj.jpg

7v1Dljp.jpg

Thanks, and have a nice evening !

David.

Two things.

First, you are installing to the default directory, so you can clear the Root Folder entry in Config.  That is there for when you want to Place the ATC_Chatter folder outside the P2A Sounds folder.

Second, and most importantly, you are missing a folder in your structure.   You need a folder named "Regions" between ATC_Chatter and Europe.  All the various regions should be loaded into the Regions folder.  Then, the path to Europe would be:

...\Sounds\ATC_Chatter\Regions\Europe

Finally, and I guess this is a third thing out of 2, because I don't believe it is the issue you are facing, I discovered a bug in the code such that when flying in a region with no chatter files, the default region does not kick in like it's supposed to, so you may not get any chatter.  This will be fixed in the next update.

Dave