Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

Where is my Nvidia Control Panel in Win 10??????

Why have NVIDIA done this??????

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

The latest driver is giving me issues on my Nvidia 1080 also. I dropped back one driver and now have none of the frame rate limiting features,etc,what is going on? Look at the negative comments in Windows store,lots of unhappy people.

Edited by BIGSKY

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

You downloaded the DCH driver package that doesn't include the Nvidia Control Panel.  Go to TechPowerUp and download the "Standard" drivers that include the NCP.  This is all about steering Nvidia customers to the Windows Store :angry:.

HTH

Greg

• Upvote 1

Thanks Greg,will try that when I get home from work,I wonder why the latest Nvidia driver is giving me no right click, and screen flashes?

The latest driver required me to download NCP from the windows app store then installed and available with right click on main screen

Hope this helps

Steve

I had no luck on the Win Store.

Why not download direct from Nvidia rather than through some other site. The Nvidia site is very straightforward to use and guarantees you are getting the appropriate driver for your graphics card and version of windows. You get everything in one simple download then just choose whether you want to install GeForce Experience or just the driver.

• Like 1

John B

I’ve had a lot of issues with this as well. It did not give me the nvidia control panel with the latest driver I installed, and the ms store would fail during download. Updating windows 10 fixed it for me where I could download nvidia cp from the Windows store

Edited by okupton

Orman

5 hours ago, Biggles2010 said:

Why not download direct from Nvidia rather than through some other site. The Nvidia site is very straightforward to use and guarantees you are getting the appropriate driver for your graphics card and version of windows. You get everything in one simple download then just choose whether you want to install GeForce Experience or just the driver.

The Nvidia site is very straightforward to use?  Actually Nvidia makes a dance of the entire downloading experience on purpose for no other reason than to drive unwitting customers to the Windows Store.  My link above to TechPowerUp makes it as easy as it used to be at the Nvidia site.

Regards,

Greg

6 hours ago, lownslo said:

The Nvidia site is very straightforward to use?  Actually Nvidia makes a dance of the entire downloading experience on purpose for no other reason than to drive unwitting customers to the Windows Store.  My link above to TechPowerUp makes it as easy as it used to be at the Nvidia site.

The Nvidia driver downloads site is pretty much the same as it has always been. It's so simple to use and you know you are getting a clean and correct download.

https://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

Just confirm your graphics card details and operating system, click search. The driver download option appears instantly. Click download and let it run.

• Like 1

John B

I went to both the above sites and followed the directions and got the DCH drivers.  For those following this thread, I will reiterate that downloading from an Nvidia site will by default net only the DCH drivers (which are now designated WHQL) without the NCP.  There is a way to download the Game Ready Drivers from Nvidia, but it certainly is not as "easy" as downloading from a reputable site like TechPowerUp... and of course Nvidia could change that method any day to continue driving their customers to the Microsoft Store for the NCP.  I have no affiation with TechPowerUp.

More info on this matter in an Avsim thread here

Greg

Guru3D always has the lastest game ready Nvidia drivers available for download.

Hi again with another issue,Win 10 keeps installing a back dated driver,432.00,I have the don't install drivers with windows update enabled in services,is there a way around this?

Thanks Jim