Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

Happy birthday JFK..........

Happy birthday Jack. I can't believe it's been 60 years since I met you and we talked for a while. May 29. 1960. Your 43rd birthday. If  only you were here with us now. There is no way you'd imagine what's happened in the world and to our (your) country. We need you now more than ever....Doug

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Just checking, isn't this political? 😜

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

This is also posted on the Orbx site...............

Not political, just a statement of desire.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

I'll throw in November 30 for Churchill and November 22 for de Gaulle. Given the state of the planet, July 13 for Julius Caesar might also a day to celebrate some desire. 

Not sarcastically, btw. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hans

On 5/29/2020 at 1:32 PM, HighBypass said:

Just checking, isn't this political? 😜

Probably. But do you really think this isn't being discussed in RL hangars?

• Like 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

No argument from me - just commenting from seeing what has happened in other threads. 😎

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

29 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

...just commenting from seeing what has happened in other threads. 😎

What could possibly go wrong here? :biggrin:

Greg

• Like 1

On 5/29/2020 at 3:50 PM, hjsmuc said:

July 13 for Julius Caesar might also a day to celebrate some desire. 

Jeez, he already has a whole month!

• Like 2

If your going to get political with birthdays how about religious?  My birthday and that other guy's is December 25th.

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

That must suck a bit, Noel - especially as a kid when others were having a separate birthday and Christmas..(I'm English, so I use Christmas and not other terms such as Saturnalia etc.)

Mark Robinson

Not really Mark.  I usually got two presents or one pretty expensive one for our family's budget.  These days I get two presents from my wife and from my kids a goft card for my birthday and a present to unwrap for Christmas.

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

2 hours ago, birdguy said:

If your going to get political with birthdays how about religious?  My birthday and that other guy's is December 25th.

Noel

This has nothing to do with religion but my birthday is December 23rd. I'm curious to know if you had the same "problem" I did when we were kids....one gift with a card that said Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas. My best friend's birthday was in June and I so envied him. Two presents every year...............Doug

Oops..........I see you already addressed that "issue"....

Edited by W2DR
  • Like 1

See my reply to Mark.  I was never shortchanged.  BTW. my brother's birthday is Independence Day, July 4th.

Noel

• Like 1

Happy Birthday to my daughter Charlotte, she turns 2 years old today, I got her some more Duplo 😎

• Like 1

Matthew Kane