Sign in to follow this  
anden145

I'm done; and I'm out!

@DaveCT2003 thank you for mentioning me directly. Not sure what I've done to earn that respect, but I appreciate it! 😎 

I try to behave.... mostly.. and try and help, as do most AVSIM members. I do have opinions as other people have theirs. I've had a couple of warnings and even some "thank yous" in messages. Heck, I never thought my opinion and my moral standpoint to go with that opinion would cause one member to outright quit, but apparently it did.  😲

Others on here were more.. patient... and I thank them for that. We can all agree to disagree if needs be yet retain civility at least. Even friends face to face in real life, fall out with each other now and again.

Bickering, bad apples etc. happen in any club of like-minded individuals. Must be a human thing...  I've personally seen it happen in a car club and a board gaming club!

... and yes historic day today. NASA/SpaceX YES! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On 5/29/2020 at 1:21 PM, PATCO LCH said:

Besides , that little muskrat or Hamster is so cute we would dearly miss it.

That is a representative of an alien race in the Star Wars Universe... 😃

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

27 minutes ago, n4gix said:

That is a representative of an alien race in the Star Wars Universe... 😃

It's a Porg!

Porg.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

On 5/29/2020 at 5:17 PM, DaveCT2003 said:

See, back in the day when I walked to school barefoot in the snow (metaphor)...

OH! You forgot about having to walk uphill (both ways). 

Seriously, the furthest I ever had to walk was in Alexandria, VA where my school was a brisk 3 mile walk. 😎

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

2 minutes ago, charliearon said:

It's a Porg!

I only remembered the face and the scream of sheer terror on the flightless bird's face. The species name never came up on my data stream... 😏

Fr. Bill    

On 5/30/2020 at 5:42 AM, anden145 said:

@mp15
The clientel has changed - and the manners, behavior and respect towards one another has gone. Sadly. When you constantly are feeling, that you're annoying someone, rather than contributing and driving the debate - then you come to wonder, whether or not it's really worth continuing... 

Clientel or community does not change much, it just grows, you have to adapt to its growth,  and so the intimacy.. respect, chivalry or whatever you want to call it, now this will be naturally reduced, so the problem here is that your level of tolerance has decreased.

However back to the discussion and the origin of your leaving situation, regarding the discussion that you had with the user, and you evaluate as non possitive, I personally think you are both wrong, you support the idea of monthly subscription to the MFS and the other member supports evidence of no subcsiption, my thoughts? annual license renewal fee.

Has this topic not been flogged to death yet? 

Move on, for goodness sake! 

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

@mp15
I'm sorry - but what part of "leave it alone" and "I won't discuss it" don't you understand?!

No - this is not the normal way of behaving - just because the community grows! And - if it is, something should definately be done about it. Please don't be condescending - I'm not a total word not allowed. 

If you truly accept this kind of behavior in a forum, and think it's normal, then all the power to you.

Personally I just think it's sad and disappointing, that people behave that way. 

11 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Has this topic not been flogged to death yet? 

Move on, for goodness sake! 

Thank you, Robin.
Appreciated.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 7:24 AM, jon b said:

I’ve always found this to be a most reasonable and interesting place to hang out.

Very interesting post giving cause for introspection. Thanks for posting it. Not a pilot but agree with everything.  

Edited by n4gix
For goodness' sake PLEASE do not quote the entire post!!!!!
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

The topic for discussing the CoronaVirus, wearing/not wearing of masks, political corruption, etc has been locked!  Do not start it up again! 🚫

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

22 hours ago, charliearon said:

It's a Porg!

Porg.png

And it has NOSTRILS!

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Just now, Ron Attwood said:

And it has NOSTRILS!

Just no beak!

Charlie Aron

I'm not sure I agree with the original premise to be honest. I was a moderator elsewhere for a number of years. Was many years ago that someone told me that they avoided Avsim because it was too much of a hot bed, too adversarial.

In essence, in my opinion, nothing has changed. All forums are a bit of a mine field, opinions differ, disagreements occur, dubious individuals arrive from time to time, intellectual capacity varies. 

It's what you expect on any forum with so many members. My attitude is that if I dont like with a topic I dont click my mouse on it. If I dont want a debate I walk away, if someone is behaving inappropriately, report them or block them.

Always worth remembering that it's not compulsory to get involved.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

I'm not sure I agree with the original premise to be honest. I was a moderator elsewhere for a number of years. Was many years ago that someone told me that they avoided Avsim because it was too much of a hot bed, too adversarial.

In essence, in my opinion, nothing has changed. All forums are a bit of a mine field, opinions differ, disagreements occur, dubious individuals arrive from time to time, intellectual capacity varies. 

It's what you expect on any forum with so many members. My attitude is that if I dont like with a topic I dont click my mouse on it. If I dont want a debate I walk away, if someone is behaving inappropriately, report them or block them.

Always worth remembering that it's not compulsory to get involved.

I tend to disagree with you. I'm a member of quite a few other sim sites, & it's only at Avsim that this sort of nonsense carries on. There is far less respect within Avsim forums than any other forums that I've seen.  

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 hour ago, Wobbie said:

I tend to disagree with you. I'm a member of quite a few other sim sites, & it's only at Avsim that this sort of nonsense carries on. There is far less respect within Avsim forums than any other forums that I've seen.  

Well yes, there are certainly forums around that are strictly moderated and less adversarial. What I'm saying is that Avsim appears to be no diferant than it's ever been to me. It's not the best for behaviour and not the worst. 

I guess I just dont see the decline in behaviour that some are reporting. I actually think the moderators do a good job considering the huge number of members. Is is still the biggest sim forum around? Think it is.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1