Sign in to follow this  
Davearky

Piot2ATC cant hear me

Hello all.

Spent most of the day trying to sort out an issue where Pilot2ATC cant hear my voice. If I use the Language trainer standalone its fine but using the Grammar function within the programme it doesn't recognise nor does it recognise when I press the PTT. If I use the "SAYIT " function - that's not a problem.

Windows Speech recognition is working  fine and as far as I know the Microphone is set up to work with Pilot2ATC - but nothing happening. Hugely frustrating so any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Here's a link to a thread with the common things to check for speech recognition issues.

If one of those suggestions doesn't help, email me at admin@pilot2atc.com with the results of the tests and I'll try and help you further.

Dave

Me too, suddenly P2A is not recognising speech from my headset mic.  I have a feeling this is related to yesterdays Win 10 update which was huge and partially VR-WMR related I believe.  Spent an hour last night trying to fix and will continue today ; )

Check the Advanced Speech Options within the Speech Recognition utility.  The advanced microphone tab need to be set up to the proper audio input source.  I frequently change these when I switch from 2D to 3D and want to change from my headphones to the rift microphone.  The same goes for the audio source for the speakers.

Can confirm Win10 version update 2004 is causing sound driver problems for some apps (Microsoft response).  The driver issue fix was provided automatically on the Settings/sounds page.

Cheers, Bruce

Win10, HP Reverb VR, XP11.50b9

Edited by Bruce953
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruce953 said:

The driver issue fix was provided automatically on the Settings/sounds page.

I am not sure what to look for there. W10 hears me fine it is just P2ATC that seems to have issues. 

I also lost the little microphone icon that use to show up in the task bar. Anyone know how to make that come back as Windows+H does not seem to work.

Go to settings, System, sound and then you can run a test on your mic. This then leads you to an automatic MS problem solving screen which in turn corrected the error which sound drivers caused after the MS version 2004 update.

As you say the mic appears to work normally for Win 10 but is causing problems with some apps e.g. P2ATC.

This fix worked for me after a couple of hours of head scratching. . . good luck.

Cheers, Bruce  

Edited by Bruce953

Just enjoyed an excellent early morning flight from LEPA to Biarritz-Bayonne with Pilot2ATC and the great little ERJ145LR.

Mic problem solved. XP11.50b9, Win10, HP Reverb Pro-VR

Edited by Bruce953

6 hours ago, Bruce953 said:

Go to settings, System, sound and then you can run a test on your mic. This then leads you to an automatic MS problem solving screen which in turn corrected the error which sound drivers caused after the MS version 2004 update.

As you say the mic appears to work normally for Win 10 but is causing problems with some apps e.g. P2ATC.

This fix worked for me after a couple of hours of head scratching. . . good luck.

Cheers, Bruce  

Bruce,

Thank you, I ran that a couple times already and there are no errors. I even went into device manager and tried to update the drivers and W10 stated it already had the best drivers installed. The Turtle Beach Z60s seem to use a default Windows Driver as there are no drivers on their site either. 

EDIT: OK, Exclusive Mode was clicked (buried settings in W10 only viewable through the old control panel) and it seems deselecting that AND rebooting cured it for me. What a major headache and I have no clue why that would be turned on my default if it causes problems. Maybe there is supposed to be a process for an application to request and take exclusive control of the mic? Either way Grammer Training worked today so I suspect the software will work again. 

Edited by KenG

Hi all, sorry to not thank you for your comments, lockdown is rather hectic! I’ve finally solved the issue for me wherein the 3.5 Jack wasn’t working correctly. I’ve paired a set of Bluetooth headphones and this has got me round the problem. Glad to know your all sorted too.