Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Could the //42 ChasePlane be worth the money in my case ?

I already have EZdok V3 and use it in FSX SE. Still I consider getting ChasePlane mainly not to replace EZdok in FSX SE but to use it in P3D. Reason for that is that I use P3D V 2.5 and that leaves with the old version 1.18 of EZdok. I have heard that CP is easier to use and setup compared to EZdok which sounds interesting. I think I also read somewhere that EZdok is better to simulate the cockpit moving through air effects compared to CP. But does this apply the old 1.18 version ?
The price for CP feels a little bit high but if it can save me time and less problems in setting up cameras it might be worth it. Also I might probably upgrade to P3D 5 later when I have upgraded my video card and then EZdok V3 would be an option also for P3D.

Couldn't quite understand the rational behind buying virtually a similar product to what you already posses.

Even if its somewhat quicker to set up, I'd say its quite a price to pay for the convenience of saving 2-3 minutes.

I was in the same situation. I had originally bought EZDok, but once I saw the announcement of ChasePlane, I immediately bought it and could've been happier. It's definitely worth it.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Similar to captain420, I also owned EZDok for a long time but decided to try ChasePlane and I have not regretted the decision in the least. 

Dan Scott

14 minutes ago, Cognita said:

Similar to captain420, I also owned EZDok for a long time but decided to try ChasePlane and I have not regretted the decision in the least. 

Do I understand you correctly that you mean ChasePlane is so much better than even the latest EZdok 3 so it is worth the high price because of that ?

8 minutes ago, jfri said:

Do I understand you correctly that you mean ChasePlane is so much better than even the latest EZdok 3 so it is worth the high price because of that ?

I would say that's a personal call based on a great many variables.  But I'll tell you what... Chaseplane is absolutely an amazing product, install and updates are too easy, and it's very, very quick and easy to setup and use.

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

It's certainly a personal call. I use chaseplane just 'cause that's what I bought at the moment. From what I read and see in videos they offer the same + ezdok probably has better DHM as it interacts with activesky (which chaseplane doesn't). Yes, chaseplane is easy and quick to set up (most of us will use someone else's setups anyway and maybe tweak them a little) but this is a one time thing! set and forget. In the grand scheme I wouldn't attribute too much importance to how easy it is to set up. Perhaps there are other features that you might find appealing.

I haven’t used ezdok before but I’ll say that I couldn’t imagine flying without chaseplane.

• Like 2

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Chase Plane for sure !!

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Had EZCA. Bought Chaseplane more or less out of curiosity, cuz everyone said it's great. Had I known how similar it is, wouldn't have bought it. Then I bought EZCAv3 (I think is the latest, paid only the upgrade price), out of curiosity. Now that I have both and I use Chaseplane. Why? Don't really know... I think it might be prettier GUI and cinematic mode...

Edited by SimonC

The only drawback is lack of support in an Orbx forum. You have to raise a ticket for any problems. Quite why Orbx won't support the product that is available from their website I don't understand.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

3 hours ago, SimonC said:

I bought EZCAv3 (I think is the latest, paid only the upgrade price)

So did I and now I use it in FSX SE but not in P3D 2.5 since it is not supported there. I really don't understand why it is supported in FSX SE and P3D V3 but not P3D 2.5. In FSX SE it is somewhat tricky to use. When I open one if its windows it is opened behind the FSX window and it can be tricky show it on FSX SE. In P3D 2 I am left with EZdok 1.18 which certainly could be more user friendly but at least its pop windows are correctly displayed in P3D. I have started to set up cameras and it will be some work to do. But I don't think I can justify the fairly high price of CP considering what I already have paid for EZdok. Had I not upgraded to first V2 and then V3 then I would consider a switch to CP.

On 5/31/2020 at 10:24 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

The only drawback is lack of support in an Orbx forum. You have to raise a ticket for any problems. Quite why Orbx won't support the product that is available from their website I don't understand.

Don't like it either.... it's kind of take the $/€ but don't want to hear from you. Not surprised though...

too much, too soon....