Sign in to follow this  
Sheldo

P3Dv5 3d Cockpit almost black

Hi,

Well after changing from an outside view to a 3D cockpit view I get an almost black silhouette for up to 30 seconds.certain instruments are showing but most aren't

I've tried reducing load with sliders but to no avail.

My FPS set to 30 running with GTX 2080Ti and i9 9900K , 32 GB DDR 4000 RAM   

Any comments would be welcome please

Regards

Keith                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

I seem to recall that the bloom setting could cause this.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

What Vic said above, plus you might want to investigate the Prepar3D.cfg setting ADAPTATION_RATE_SCALAR

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

11 hours ago, Mace said:

What Vic said above, plus you might want to investigate the Prepar3D.cfg setting ADAPTATION_RATE_SCALAR

When I "investigate" this setting, what should I find, and what should it be?

Stan

I too get this and looking for solutions.

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020

2 hours ago, spilok said:

When I "investigate" this setting, what should I find, and what should it be?

Stan

I have not had time to investigate it.  Come on Stan, you can google the term "P3D ADAPTATION_RATE_SCALAR" -- see the following link to start with:

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d/options/graphics/lighting.html

use CTRL+F to search for the term.   People seem to be using 0 or 1 (I assume zero (0) may help with this, but do not know).

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I've always had that since P3dv4.

I find if I quickly click through the views using my Joystick button it gets rid of the "blackness"

Intel® Core™ i9-13900KF - 24 Cores... Watercooling NZXT Kraken 240 RGB Black...MSI MAG Z790 TOMAHAWK...Kingston Fury Beast RGB 128GB DDR5-5600...NVIDIA RTX 4090 24GB.

45 minutes ago, Mace said:

I have not had time to investigate it.  Come on Stan, you can google the term "P3D ADAPTATION_RATE_SCALAR" -- see the following link to start with:

https://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/prepar3d/options/graphics/lighting.html

use CTRL+F to search for the term.   People seem to be using 0 or 1 (I assume zero (0) may help with this, but do not know).

Yes, I did that and found that link.  I'm looking for a better setting.  I've tried increasing the ARS to 0.050000 and changed it back to 0.000000. 

I'm trying to just brighten my VC...NOT the outside scenery.  0.05 is way too bright and 0.00 is too dark.  I am playing with numbers in between.

Is there a way to just brighten the VC and not the outside scenery? It may be something else in the config that helps...that's why I'm asking.

Stan

46 minutes ago, spilok said:

0.05 is way too bright and 0.00 is too dark.

From my understanding this tweak only controls the speed/rate of the HDR luminance adaptation effect, which is what simulates the pupil adjusting to different light scenes. Setting this tweak to zero shouldn't increase or decrease brightness but simply turn off the effect so the brightness always stays the same and doesn't change with different light scenes. If I set that tweak to zero I just don't have the effect anymore but brightness isn't affected. Perhaps something isn't working as it should here.

To the OP: do you by any chance use an addon aircraft which is not officially updated for v5 yet? There have been changes in lighting in v5. For example, I need to switch HDR off when flying the PMDG NGXu because it's not been updated yet and HDR will cause the cockpit to be very dark.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD