Sign in to follow this  
Captain747

Cant believe this

Of all the major improvements so far, the ATC is a major let down...its FSX all over again!(probably even worse) the voices sound robotised and very unrealistic...I was expecting a major breakthrough with a wow factor like actually as close to a human voice as possible...and I really was convinced that they would pull this off because they do have the technology (at least so I thought).

So I was prepared to be totally blown away by the new ATC...and I was blown away...only in the wrong direction.

I honestly don't understand how all other aspects of the sim are so close to reality to the point that in some aspects you can't even tell real from simulation...but when it comes to ATC its not the case.  Maybe they could have done way better in the realism department regarding atc, but it clearly is not a priority to them.

So...at the end of the day, I am blown away by all aspects of the sim so far...but sadly disappointed with the new act.  It simply does not do the new simulation justice. And I know that everything is still in development stage, but I very much doubt that atc will be improved on final release...as a matter of fact I know for certain that it will not be improved because clearly its not a priority to them.

Oh well...lets hope that in the future there is hope for this to improve with third party addons.

I honestly don't get it...everything else is so realistic and close to real life...why not the atc?

giphy.gif

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

And you know 'it's not a priority for them' because?

• Upvote 4

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Well, is it fair to say that one day maybe, the ATC could probably be like this? AI talking to pilots or who knows, AI ATC to AI Pilots? 

And by then, games including simulators will become so advanced that they will realistically mimic human interaction.

And then on some forum we will be all complaining about the ATC in FS2040 not being robotic? 😬

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

I haven't used default ATC in any sim in ages...  probably cause I have pilot edge...or more likely because I'm ATC I just don't really care and vector /navigate myself ha

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm thinking the amount of resources needed for a complete rework of the ATC isn't worth it and direct resources to other parts of the sim.

• Like 3

I agree, the technology is there for at least good sounding TTS, even with emotion, Microsoft Azure TTS. https://mspoweruser.com/azure-text-to-speech-voice-and-emotion-styles/

For instance, play around with this one, https://www.cereproc.com/en/home choose English and listen to various accents. Who doesn't want to hear Ryanair having an Irish accent? 😎

One things is clear, hope we won't end up with all kinds of add on software again. 😢

Edited by MaVe64
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

I honestly wished they implemented VR for release instead of wasting time on a half-baked ATC. Yes it’s a 10 year project, they could have implemented VR now and focused on implementing ATC with the ‘wow factor’ later. Native support for VATSIM, PilotEdge etc could’ve sufficed for the meantime. 

Very impressed with all aspects of the new IFR video, especially the flight planning. ATC however was not upto the standards they had set for themselves and what the community was expecting from them. 

Edited by FAZZ3
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Maybe it should be explained what an Alpha build actually is.. Obviously there are those that do not understand the difference between Alpha, Beta & Release candidates.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

14 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Maybe it should be explained what an Alpha build actually is.. Obviously there are those that do not understand the difference between Alpha, Beta & Release candidates.

People keep saying "it's an alpha". True, but it's an alpha that's (apparently) one month away from being a beta.

The feature set in the recent alpha builds is likely to be feature set carried into beta.

Alpha, beta and RC are loose terms, but completely overhauling a major piece of functionality (e.g. ATC) in beta would be an odd move.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Totally agree with you on the unrealistic voices, it is almost laughable, but they are giving us so much in the base package that I can forgive this and hope that it will be improved down the line. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

What people are critisizing is what they saw in material the developers themselves decided to present to us. 

Interesting......

Would we rather have something like X-planes ATC, repeating the same thing over and over till you go insane?

Is P3D's better?

What's the standard this atc is expected to beat?

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

12 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Interesting......

Would we rather have something like X-planes ATC, repeating the same thing over and over till you go insane?

Is P3D's better?

What's the standard this atc is expected to beat?

Personally, I'm not expecting anything other than what they've shown in the discovery series. I'd be happy if any of the sims you mentioned set a new standard for what we have now.

Edited by Kopteeni
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1