Sign in to follow this  
christinney

Any way to stop needing to come to complete stop on arrival?

Hi,

Really like this addon and had it since pretty much day one. The bit however that is really frustrating is the need to come to a complete stop at your arrival airport in order to get marshalling etc. Is there a way to change this? It is really un-realistic at a lot of airports as the idea is to keep rolling rather than a stop which uses more fuel etc.

Regards

Chris

Edited by christinney

Just to chip in on this, I would say it's not totally unrealistic to have to wait for a marshaller. Where I work (EGCC Manchester International) it's not that uncommon at all. It's probably about fifty/fifty on whether a marshaller is there on stand ready to guide an aircraft on, or whether the aeroplane has to stop to wait for one to arrive.

On stands where the Safedock is known to be U/S, obviously a marshaller gets there in plenty of time, but occasionally you can get to the control panel for the Safedock and find that it is U/S. Quite a lot of the LCD screens on them burn out from prolonged exposure to the sunlight, or from having had water get into them, to the point where you have to look at them from the side to actually read the screen (much like you have to with ATM machines on occasion).

Since the Safedock times out after a while, you don't normally input the data until you know the aeroplane is down, and by then if you discover the system is busted, you can't always get a marshaller there in time since you have to phone for one and they have to drive there. Since even marshaller vehicles have to give way to taxying aeroplanes, sometimes they cannot just race over to the stand, so occasionally the aeroplane just has to halt and wait until the marshaller arrives.

On the occasions where I marshal aircraft onto stand (usually ones which are being towed from one stand to another), I know that after you've got them off the stand (which you also have to marshal) and then jumped into a vehicle to race over to the stand where it is going, if you get stuck holding position for a couple of aircraft movements (not uncommon), it can be a real rush to make it to the stand before the aeroplane gets there, then do a FOD check of the stand, and then be ready with the wands to bring the aeroplane to a halt in the correct place.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

58 minutes ago, christinney said:

Hi,

Really like this addon and had it since pretty much day one. The bit however that is really frustrating is the need to come to a complete stop at your arrival airport in order to get marshalling etc. Is there a way to change this? It is really un-realistic at a lot of airports as the idea is to keep rolling rather than a stop which uses more fuel etc.

Regards

Chris

Yes, there is!

Go to your UGCX INI file:

C:\Users\****your user name****\AppData\Roaming\Ultimate Ground Crew X\UGCX.ini

Find:

LocCheckSpeed=1

That's the speed trigger at which the airport scenery will load after landing.

It's currently set to 1 knot as the trigger.

Set it to something like 20 if you don't want to stop (20 = 20 knots)

Edited by byork

1 minute ago, byork said:

Yes, there is!

Go to your UGCX INI file:

C:\Users\****your user name****\AppData\Roaming\Ultimate Ground Crew X\UGCX.ini

Find:

LocCheckSpeed=1

That's the speed trigger at which the airport scenery will load after landing.

It's currently set to 1 knot as the trigger.

Set it to something like 20 if you don't want to stop (20 = 20 knots)

Ahh man I wish I had asked earlier haha! Brill thank you! Appreciate the quick response.

Regards

Chris