Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

FS2020 - More Leaks, Plus Expectations Too High?

Meh.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Probably the most pointless video ever.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 6

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Well again and again, the obvious answer to this is well known...

We have obviously a very wide range of user hardware + wide variations of graphic settings = Alpha screens and videos  vs Super powerful hardware + all dressed MSFS in terms of graphic options + 4K = Promo videos.

But I agree that Asobo have a lot to do on their backlog in terms of features and perhaps MS is putting many as low priority as the projected beta time is approaching...

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

14 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

Probably the most pointless video ever.

Well, there was a point, just not a very good one, i.e the point was for the maker of the video to get cash from people watching it.

If he actually genuinely wanted to make an interesting and informative video about leaked footage, he might have tried to investigate whether the footage he was talking about was a deliberate 'leak' pretending to be a leak for the purposes of promotion, or an actual, honest-to-goodness leak which showed in great detail, some things that were not intended to be published yet. But nah, that would have required some effort, have been an original thing to do, and would have been informative and interesting.

But why bother doing some actual original and insightful work when you can instead just parrot what is on the official Asobo/MS product website, so you get cash from advertising revenue by being a lazy tw**, and requiring next to no effort whatsoever eh?

Edited by Chock
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Chock said:

If he actually genuinely wanted to make an interesting and informative video about leaked footage, he might have tried to investigate whether the footage he was talking about was a deliberate 'leak' pretending to be a leak for the purposes of promotion, or an actual, honest-to-goodness leak which showed in great detail, some things that were not intended to be published yet.

Good point.

46 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

They’re not purposely leaking alpha footage.

In times of viral marketing that might be a possibility. "There's no bad publicity"

Edited by tweekz
  • Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I don't get the hate. It's just regurgitated information from discussions in AVSIM to update people who aren't on this forum or for the average Joe who can't be bothered with keeping up on the latest discussions on forums in general. It's also a good way for new simmers or people who are interested in picking up flight-simming as a new genre to enjoy who aren't entirely acquainted with the way the flight sim community and development runs.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

I don't get the hate. It's just regurgitated information from discussions in AVSIM to update people who aren't on this forum or for the average Joe who can't be bothered with keeping up on the latest discussions on forums in general. It's also a good way for new simmers or people who are interested in picking up flight-simming as a new genre to enjoy who aren't entirely acquainted with the way the flight sim community and development runs.

Of course, no such people people exist here...........

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

That cockpit clip of the rain hammering down on the roof of the plane reminds me a lot of the audio (and visual) effects in Flight Unlimited 3. This is a good thing, because Looking Glass Studios did a lot of things considerably better than Microsoft at the time. However, I am less impressed by the Cessna being chucked around like a rag doll. The movement of the plane does not seem all that natural to me, but maybe it is just a limitation of the third person viewpoint?

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

5 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

Yep, it's a good video for people who don't follow places like Avsim on a daily basis.  He does the same with Elite Dangerous and its a blessing because Frontier does such a terrible job of communicating with it's customers.

Any popular youtuber is always going to attract haters who just want to look down on them.  It's the nature of the anonymous internet.  Obsidian Ant makes youtube vids for a living and he does a good job of it too.  All the power to him in my opinion, his vid certainly isn't offensive and its not hurting anyone or anything.  I don't get the disdain either.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, FAZZ3 said:

It's not 'hate', it's legitimate criticism of lazy clickbait videography; something which clogs up youtube with tons of tedious white noise and offers nothing new in terms of information. instead cynically going for clicks, subscriptions, revenue etc. I don't hate that sort of thing, hate should be reserved for things far more serious, detestable and worthy of righteous scorn, than a youtube video about toy aeroplanes; but I do find such videos lazy, disappointing and occasionally risible.

If the author's desire was to inform about that stuff, he could choose to make some original engaging content and whilst doing so, provide links and recommendations to the original info, whilst offering insight into that material, instead of deciding to cash in on it with lazy and frankly, parasitical copying aimed at nothing more than trying to gain revenue.

You can literally see the decline in content originality when you look on the original youtuber's list of videos on his channel in chronological order, whereby the quality has descended into a series of lazy, phoned-in cash grab copy-and-paste garbage, when it used to be genuinely useful and worthwhile stuff. 

If he pulled up out of that quality and lack of integrity nosedive he is in and started putting some effort into things again, I would no longer be critical of his videos, but whilst they are just a bunch of cash-grab click bait, they deserve any negative criticism they get.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I would just note for the record that the more than 98,542 viewers of the video, as of this post, including myself, apparently disagree with you as to the utility of the content, though I do note there are 195 dislikes, so there is that.

Devons rig

10 hours ago, Chock said:

Well, there was a point, just not a very good one, i.e the point was for the maker of the video to get cash from people watching it.

If he actually genuinely wanted to make an interesting and informative video about leaked footage, he might have tried to investigate whether the footage he was talking about was a deliberate 'leak' pretending to be a leak for the purposes of promotion, or an actual, honest-to-goodness leak which showed in great detail, some things that were not intended to be published yet. But nah, that would have required some effort, have been an original thing to do, and would have been informative and interesting.

But why bother doing some actual original and insightful work when you can instead just parrot what is on the official Asobo/MS product website, so you get cash from advertising revenue by being a lazy tw**, and requiring next to no effort whatsoever eh?

My point exactly. I'm sure you agree, but people on YouTube will do anything to get their videos viewed. Even if it means spouting off nothing new at all.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda