Sign in to follow this  
Rolf Winterscheidt

VFR in Germany is different

Hi,

I really like P2A, even more with ATC-Chatter installed on Airport level. Since I'm in Europe or more precise in Germany, flying a Mooney M20 Eagle mostly from a smaller airfield in Germany (EDKB) to also smaller airfields in France (like LFQA), I cannot exactly use P2A since it seems to focus on airports with all the ground and tower voices. 

In Germany VFR communication is mostly in german language and quite easy process wise. Departing is (in german) like this:

Pilot: Hangelar Info, N131MA 
EDKB-Info: N131MA, Hangelar
Pilot: N131MA, two people VFR local
EDKB-Info: Active runway is 29, QNH 1013
Pilot: Rundway 29, QNH 1013

So I wrote a script to simply fake this by recognizing me pushing the PTT button on the right frequency (135.15x). Works quite ok and of course is far from the voice recognition of P2A, but helps me finding even more immersion. 

Problem here is, that I don't have an idea to stop the chatter and also P2A recognizes me sometimes talking german and answers (that it didn't understand me, of course). So I also would like to exclude this. Easy solution: I tune in an odd frequency, like 20 kHz more or so. But I bet, next time I'm on that airfield in the real plane, I might have gotten the habit to also do that in reality. Not so good.

Maybe someone has an idea on how to proceed. I'm not shying away from coding, if necessary.

By the way: I'm super happy that there is now the airport level so I can have even german chatter in my favourite airfield. This is amazing and really adds to the immersion! Will do that also for french airfields.

There's another problem I couldn't solve: Tuning in radar on 118.75 when I'm in EDKB (or even EDDK) works well with chatter and communication, but the real (newer) frequency is 135.35 but this doesn't seem to be recognized, but is already listed in the P2A frequency chart (25NM radius). Tuning 135.35 in on the standby frequency gives me the correct "LANGE Ctr" text below, but when switching this to active frequency, the text disappears and it seems that this is the problem that it doesn't recognise it for chatter.

Best regards and thank you for reading all the text down to here!

Rolf