Sign in to follow this  
flightsimfan912

Jets in the game

Do we know if the 747-8 and the A320 will be the only jets in the game? At the moment they have been the only ones advertised. I have been looking around for this information. I would love to see a stock Embraer regional jet in this game.

I believe the Cessna Citation comes standard in the sim but it hasn't been previewed much if at all. I think I only saw it in one of the previews.

4 hours ago, flightsimfan912 said:

game

Game?  GAME!?  Saints preserve us!  You be unaware that referring to our beloved simulator as a "game" is a Cardinal Sin for 90% of better of users in the community!  Father Bill (@n4gix)?  He needs you!   LOL! Maybe you were referring to the Xbotched version?  Then I suppose using the term "game" is alright.

All in good fun @flightsimfan912!

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Sorry, I must be getting old. I need common sense in my head.

Sim, not Game!

If you ain't simming, you ain't winning! 🙂

Edited by flightsimfan912

The Citation may have been published in some screen shot, but I have not seen them - however, the default aircraft in the alpha version of the sim at present only include those two jets.

Cheers, Brian

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Yes citation 4 will be default in the sim but hasn't be included in alpha as yet.

Isn't there a model of a 787 in the background (behind the narrator) in the newest episode (IFR)?

And I still hope for some military fighters. Boeing F 18 would be cool plus a good model of an aircraft carrier (Top Gun 2 is coming later this year 😉)!

• Upvote 1

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

1 hour ago, DocBird said:

Isn't there a model of a 787 in the background (behind the narrator) in the newest episode (IFR)?

And I still hope for some military fighters. Boeing F 18 would be cool plus a good model of an aircraft carrier (Top Gun 2 is coming later this year 😉)!

Iirc they said no to jet fighters at launch 

yes FS historically has been more a civilian sim. We use to have Combat Flightsim to fill in the gap but nowadays DCS is more or less the sim of preference for the military taste...

Edited by adino

I hope this GAME runs well on my XBOX Series X when I get it 😁

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

6 hours ago, adino said:

yes FS historically has been more a civilian sim. We use to have Combat Flightsim to fill in the gap but nowadays DCS is more or less the sim of preference for the military taste...

Don't forget Falcom (BMS 4.34) which is mostly freeware (you have to spend $6.99 to get Falcon but all the updates are freeware) and it's getting a massive graphics update in the next year that will make it very competitive.

The problem I have with DCS (and I'm sure Matt Wagner, who I knew many, many years ago, isn't happy about) is that they pump out an addon and leave it unfinished. For instance,  the F/A-18C, which should have been the Super Hornet by the way, still doesn't have a Ground Radar after a few years of being released yet Eagle Dynamics puts time and effort into other addons to sell.  Seeing things in this light makes me understand why many people migrate over to Falcon.

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

Super Mario for you.

If does as well as that MS will be overjoyed.  

• Upvote 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 5/31/2020 at 2:59 AM, G-RFRY said:

I hope this GAME runs well on my XBOX Series X when I get it 😁

Well, I guess if you are going to use an Xbox controller, it will be a game. The rest of us using Flight Sim Controllers will be Flight Simming.