Sign in to follow this  
sbclark

Voice Training File Used by P2A?

Dave,

Does P2A use the same voice recognition file (named "Default Speech Profile" in my case) that Microsoft provides when I use the standard Win 10 voice recognition training tools to train my voice?

Bill Clark 

Edited by sbclark
add information

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Hi Bill.

I'm not sure what file you're referring to.  Do you have the path to the file?

I do know that when you do speech training, hundreds of .wav files (1 for each phrase) are created and stored with names like SP_q34gipq43tqwmqw34jwrgjadlm.wav, so I know that's not what you're referring to.

Dave

What I am trying to say, does P2A use same voice profile Microsoft provides the average, non-simulator user, for voice training?

For example, say before I install P2A, I create my custom voice profile, using built in Microsoft tools. After installing PTA, I begin using P2A to issue voice commands. I assume P2A uses the same custom profile I created while training with Microsoft tools?

Bill

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Yes, it uses whatever Windows Speech Recognition options you have.  When you do the specialized P2A Speech training, the results will be "added" to whatever speech profile you have selected when you do the training.

Unless you create new profiles, you likely only have one.

Dave