Sign in to follow this  
rioslu

A2A182 RXP-GTN 750 BSOD

Hello,

I'm in need of some help. Just bought the RXP GTN-750 to replace the F1 in my A2A 182. I have installed Windows 10 2004 and experienced the F1 GTN lag/slow response. Reading the below threads convinced me to switch.

Now here's my problem. P3Dv5 HF1 is the only sim installed. A2A 182 runs flawlessly using default GPS. Upon adding RXP GTN via the Add-Ons -Setup Aircraft I get a BSOD after 2-5 mins. PC restarts, I get back into the sim and BAM! BSOD again after 2-5mins in the 182. If I restore the panel via the Add-Ons -Setup Aircraft and let the Sim reload the 182 I can fly until fuel runs out without a problem. F1 has been completely uninstalled, GARMIN trainer uninstalled. RXP uninstalled then reinstalled. BSOD persists only when RXP 750 is ran. The GTN powers on and reads registered to me, I can interact with it up until BSOD. RXP 2.5.25 and GARMIN 6.62.3 are installed in their default locations. Other than that P3Dv5 runs flawlessly.

Luis

Luis Rios

1 hour ago, rioslu said:

Hello,

I'm in need of some help. Just bought the RXP GTN-750 to replace the F1 in my A2A 182. I have installed Windows 10 2004 and experienced the F1 GTN lag/slow response. Reading the below threads convinced me to switch.

Now here's my problem. P3Dv5 HF1 is the only sim installed. A2A 182 runs flawlessly using default GPS. Upon adding RXP GTN via the Add-Ons -Setup Aircraft I get a BSOD after 2-5 mins. PC restarts, I get back into the sim and BAM! BSOD again after 2-5mins in the 182. If I restore the panel via the Add-Ons -Setup Aircraft and let the Sim reload the 182 I can fly until fuel runs out without a problem. F1 has been completely uninstalled, GARMIN trainer uninstalled. RXP uninstalled then reinstalled. BSOD persists only when RXP 750 is ran. The GTN powers on and reads registered to me, I can interact with it up until BSOD. RXP 2.5.25 and GARMIN 6.62.3 are installed in their default locations. Other than that P3Dv5 runs flawlessly.

Luis

Try this...

1. In the a2a config app, select the F1 GTN 750

2. Start up the airplane, and in the Addons- setup AIrcraft, replace the F1 GTN by the RXP GTN (twice.. second one, in the VC "no bezel")

3. Now fly the airplane.

• Like 1

Bert

Hi,

Can you please download and run the following:

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html

Then report here the content of the latest crash report?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Downloaded the app_crash app. Started the sim, loaded the A2A 182 at default airport. Took approximately 3mins then BSOD. No warning, just goes to the Blue Screen then PC reboots. Event Viewer only shows "Computer has reebooted from a bugcheck". If I remove RXP from the 182 ALL is normal. Just completed a 4hr flight with the PMDG 744 without any issues.

Only 2 logs set in Documents folder,

rxpGtnSim.dll.log

20/05/31 18:54:12.109 06424 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.25.0
20/05/31 18:54:12.108 06424 INFO ]
20/05/31 18:54:13.528 05432 INFO ] GTN 750.1 - TRAINER 6623
20/05/31 18:54:31.084 05432 INFO ] GTN 750.1 - TRAINER 6623

rxpGTN.gau.log

20/05/31 18:54:09.969 06424 -    ] # rxpGTN.dll version 2.5.25.0
20/05/31 18:54:09.969 06424 INFO ]

i039LaB.jpg

NF4CwER.jpg

aY04Olx.jpg

I will try adding RXP into a default P3Dv5 Aircraft and report back.

Luis Rios

No change using default aircraft. Configured only the popup using RXP aircraft setup. 1 minute in BSOD.

New log file,

rxpGTN_menu.dll.log

20/05/31 19:27:42.225 12176 -    ] # rxpGTN_menu.dll version 2.5.25.0
20/05/31 19:27:42.227 12176 INFO ] edit panel: D:\PREPAR3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado Commander 114\panel\panel.cfg
20/05/31 19:28:40.430 05080 INFO ]
20/05/31 19:28:40.432 05080 INFO ] edit panel: D:\PREPAR3D\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado Commander 114\panel\panel.cfg

Edited by rioslu

Luis Rios

Ok I didn't catch it was a BSOD and thought it was a CTD instead.

The BugCheck event is a hardware faillure.

Please use this instead:
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Here is the 0x124 code description (this is the code shown in the event viewer):
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0x124---whea-uncorrectable-error

What is most important is the values for Parameter 1 to 4. These are determining the root cause.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

I will run blue_screen_view and take a look. Why would only RXP affect my hardware? I’m no expert just wondering.

Thanks

Luis Rios

I have no idea what could cause this, except maybe running the 2 together (sim + trainer) is pushing your hardware to a failure limit (say a defective ram module for example).

1 hour ago, RXP said:

I have no idea what could cause this, except maybe running the 2 together (sim + trainer) is pushing your hardware to a failure limit (say a defective ram module for example).

I've got it somewhat figured out.

I can run the F1 GTN for as long as needed without a Blue Screen or CTD other than the lag/slow response we are aware of that is caused by the incompatibility of the TRAINER with WINDOWS 2004. I did run BluScreenView which resulted in PSHED.dll and ntoskrnl.exe as being the faulting DLL and EXE. I searched and found no solution as to what could cause it on my system. No explanation as to why only RXP was causing Blue Screen. What I did next is disable Intel Turbo Boost in the mother board BIOS. Now RXP functions normal, no BSOD. I can interact with GTN and fly around just fine. I run plenty of FPS games, Adobe Creative Cloud Apps, P3Dv5 with all add-ons and have never had an issue until now with RXP. Never had the need to disable Intel Turbo Boost.

I understand the need for the workaround to correct the TRAINER lag/response with WINDOWS 2004 but could that be the cause? Is RXP accessing some kind system resource to fool the TRAINER into working as it should? Again not blaming just wondering.

I can now go flying VFR and will keep the RXP in play.

Thank You!

Luis Rios

In order to make it running fine with Win10 2004, we're not accessing any 'system resources' in particular. 

I'm curious about the turbo boost effect though because searching google gives many links all pointing toward a failing CPU:

The first one I've found is 4 pages long and offers many diagnostic attempts and hardware swaps. It is very interesting to read as it goes through very valid troubleshooting steps, and the conclusion is a faulty CPU:

https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/126808-bsod-bug-check-0x124-tested-parts-completely-lost.html

This one seems to conclude CPU and Motherboard as well:

This one seems indicating it is not easy to resolved either:

https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/91086-bsod-whea_uncorrectable_error-hal-dll-395cf-ntoskrnl-exe-25bfbd.html

Whatever it is I completed a flight using RXP GTN with Turbo Boost turned off. I have never had to turn off Turbo Boost for any reason. When running the Adobe Apps and rendering video all CPU cores get maxed to 100% without a hitch. I always complete long haul flights of up to 8hrs without a hitch running the common add-ons with great performance and solid FPS. So if when running RXP GTN with Turbo Boost turned on causes BSOD then it does raise a flag and makes me wonder.

Thanks for your help.

Luis Rios

I don't know if you've taken the time to read all aforementioned links (I did prior posting them). For example, during troubleshooting, the user in the first link above was trying stress-tests on the CPU but the conclusions are surprising:

One thing I have noticed; if I boot and then run Prime95 to keep the CPU loaded, it will NOT blue screen. It only seems to be when the CPU is idle, but like I've said it will blue screen every time when it's idle.

I understand it is very hard to pin point whether a specific software could be causing a failure or not. It is just possible when running the GTN trainer + the simulator it is hitting a specific combination on a failing CPU core for example. As a matter of fact you can try this out: manually add the CpuAffinity setting in the RealityXP.GTN.ini file, and set it to 1, then 2, then 3 etc... (up to you number of cores). You might find out it works on some and fail on others!?!