Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Airport terminal textures

The textures on the front (edited) of airport terminal buildings are probably the most important textures at an entire airport, simply because you will be looking directly at them from close range whenever you are parked at a gate. That being the case, it surprises me that some textures are not as clear as I would have expected. Take ORBx LOWI Innsbruck as an example. As a complete package, this scenery product is outstanding. However, I was rather surprised to note the "blurry reflection" texture that has been painted on the exterior of the terminal building at ground level. Now, I appreciate that reflections in the real world can be blurry depending on the type of glass or other material that is the source of the reflection. However, a static texture of this kind on a computer screen looks the same as a low resolution texture......and you do not need a degree in rocket science to know that low resolution textures are not a welcome sight in 2020.

There are other examples (like the night textures on some of the windows at JustSim EBBR Brussels; I tend to prefer window textures to be plain rather than an attempted rendition of the coloured lighting and vague outline of internal detail). Of course, rendered interiors of terminal buildings are the best option, but this is not possible (or viable) in some cases. In fact, this is why I am so keen for the Aerosoft version of EBBR Brussels to be released. The internal detail that I have seen in one or two development screenshots of this product looks excellent, and very realistic.

Another annoying aspect of attempted "reflection textures" is that I could be looking at a reflection of an aircraft type that is nothing like the one that I am sitting in!

So, what do you guys think about this? Am I just being daft, or does this strike a chord with you? Is this even an issue with dynamic reflections enabled?

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I think you are being picky!

On the other hand, it would be a "nice to have".

I certainly do not spend my time in the cockpit looking at the terminal frontages ( you said sides but that doesn't make sense).

I watch the passengers, baggage, catering etc.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

It should also be understood that developers often make sacrifices on textures to keep good performance on their products.
Indeed you are a little too picky, rather look for the general quality of the products. 😉

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case