Sign in to follow this  
Obsidian Ant

Hi!

Just jumping in to say hi!

I've checked in with avsim quite a few times over the years, and finally decided to join up.  Seems like a great community! 🙂

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Obsidian Ant said:

I've checked in with avsim quite a few times over the years, and finally decided to join up.  Seems like a great community! 🙂

Welcome!  Can you give us a few words of background...

RW aviation experience/interests

Sim experience/interests.. 🙂

• Like 1

Bert

4 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Welcome!  Can you give us a few words of background...

RW aviation experience/interests

Sim experience/interests.. 🙂

Hey there!

Sure! 🙂  I'd love to have some real world aviation experience, but unfortunately I don't.  Maybe at some point in the future.  My sim experience hasn't been vast, but it has been a long time interest beginning with huge numbers of hours with F19 Stealth Fighter back in the Amiga days.

I'm also a huge fan of open world space games - and although they don't reach the level of simulation in flight sims (I wish they did), I still find them to be a great experience.  As a part of my interest with all things sim and game related, I also run a YouTube channel.

I've been dipping my toes into Xplane 11 over the past year or so, and am very excited for the release of the new Microsoft Flight Simulator! 🙂

1 hour ago, Obsidian Ant said:

Welcome. Glad you decided to jump in, and hope you can find another home, here.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

30 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

Welcome. Glad you decided to jump in, and hope you can find another home, here.

Thank you! :)

Welcome to Avsim Ant!  And yeah, I'm the same Mengy from Frontier's forums.  😎

On 5/31/2020 at 9:57 PM, Obsidian Ant said:

Nice to see you here. Your ED and other space sim videos have always been a great resource of news for me, so it's great to see you in this community also. 

On 5/31/2020 at 8:57 PM, Obsidian Ant said:

Hello, and welcome to Avsim, hopefully you'll become an active poster on Avsim, By the way I've always enjoyed your YouTube video's, you should be a narrator or something similar.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Welcome to Avsim!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.