Sign in to follow this  
Eytan_Ofir

Fo still wont close E-CL and lag

hi. i the last change log and in the fs2crew settings it says that the fo will press nd once checklist is complete...

why nd??

my fo opens the checklist on the right cdu and should press "CDU" when checklist is done.

its not happening...

plus after i open fs2crew window. the sim is laggy.. i have done various tests and when i close the window the sim is gaining back 10-15 fps.. bringing the window back takes these 10-15 fps away.

never happend before with fs2crew products.

thanks

The FO will press "ND" when the checklist is done.  There's a config option not to press"ND" if you don't want him to press it.

Why should he press "CDU"?  What's your source?

For lag, don't use Navigraph charts for now.  The QualityWings aircraft developer is looking into that.  Hopefully QW can issue a fix soon.

Best,

Again. The fo is using the checklist on the right cdu right? If using the checklist on the cdu screen and you want the fo to return to the cdu screen he should press cdu not nd!

If he presses nd it will appear in the cdu screen

Why navigraph charts? It only happends when fs2crew windiw is visible.. if i press C to hide it the fps goes up again

I don't know why that happens when using the Navigraph carts.

The Quality Wings aircraft developer can reproduce it and he's looking into it.  It's something he'll have to fix on his side in all likelihood.

For the ECL:  When we fire the command use the ECL, the FO is using the right MFD, not the CDU.

That's why we press the "ND" button when the checklist is done.  But there's a Config Option not to use have the FO press "ND" if so desired.

Another user had a similar issue with you about the ECL appear in the CDU.  I couldn't explain because based on our semi-SDK, it shouldn't work that way.

So I asked the QW aircraft programmer.

His response... this is a direct paste...

I think your user may have a misunderstanding regarding the displays.

See the chart below.

What your user is referring to as the CDU is the Lower Display.   The Lower display is split between the Capt, and FO side. The Left side is the Capt Side, the right side is the FO Side.

Each side has its own control panel. If you look at the red rectangle you’ll see the ‘CHKL’ button.   When the CHKL button is selected on the right side of the lower display, the CDU is replaced with the ECL.

When the lower display is not in full map mode, anything on the right side of the lower display is the FO’s, anything on the left side is the Capts.

The behavior your user is describing is correct and is inline with how we said it would work in my mail to you on 4/25. I’m repeating the described sequence below.

1) Check if the FO's checklist is already open, if so just send the inputs wherever it is open.

2) If it’s not open, but the Eicas screen is on the FO's side, it opens the checklist on the FO's side of the Lower display.  

3) If the Eicas is not on the FO side, then it will open the checklist on the left side of the FO’s Inboard display.

So if the checklist is already open in another position (either the right side of the First Officers inboard, or the right side of the Lower display the inputs will still be received).

0?ui=2&ik=1979234314&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1667953579031764269&th=1725c2f164079d2d&view=fimg&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_09P7xmdtBBmBa5sC3GOiuYEHPVQH8BB9RG42zV-r4YrSYa3SyYShCD7EfBAEu2CUSZeoce8msgNSDsDCpdMzn5DAu8nqyGc4ES51b8-ajxSUneiEytXnK2Z4&disp=emb

Edited by byork

im sorry for being dumb what does it mean?

were stuck like that? 

we should have the eng page on the cpt side?

i understood from the qw messege that the engien page reflects on that lower display command... i have the eng page on the right side and so im asking if having it on the left would fix this

but for the more improtent question i asked 🙂 

is there a fix?

And i dont understand why you keep mentioning navigraph charts. i dont even use them.

im saying that if the fs2crew window is visible i am loosing about 15 frames and when i hide it i get the 15 fps back. NOT using navigraph charts at all!

Hi,

It seems we are stuck with the QW SDK that if EICAS page is on FO side (I guess most of us does that to get a larger ND), the ECL will open on Lower Display replacing FO's CDU. Am I right?

In this case, is it possible to add another option that FS2Crew press FO's CDU bottom on Lower Display after completing the checklist so that we don't have to do that manually every time? i.e We can choose FS2Crew to press FO's ND on his EFIS or CDU on his Lower Display depending on where we put the EICAS page.

Thanks

Edited by NuclearJet

10 hours ago, Eytan_Ofir said:

And i dont understand why you keep mentioning navigraph charts. i dont even use them.

im saying that if the fs2crew window is visible i am loosing about 15 frames and when i hide it i get the 15 fps back. NOT using navigraph charts at all!

Are you undocking the window?

6 hours ago, NuclearJet said:

Hi,

It seems we are stuck with the QW SDK that if EICAS page is on FO side (I guess most of us does that to get a larger ND), the ECL will open on Lower Display replacing FO's CDU. Am I right?

In this case, is it possible to add another option that FS2Crew press FO's CDU bottom on Lower Display after completing the checklist so that we don't have to do that manually every time? i.e We can choose FS2Crew to press FO's ND on his EFIS or CDU on his Lower Display depending on where we put the EICAS page.

Thanks

I'll add a CDU option to V1.2.

It's a good idea.

Cheers,

On my machine, locked to 88 fps, my frames bounce up and down, plus or minus 15, at about 55 fps, with or without the FS2Crew Panel open.

Having the FS2Crew panel open or closed makes no real difference.... at least on my machine.

On 6/2/2020 at 6:44 PM, byork said:

On my machine, locked to 88 fps, my frames bounce up and down, plus or minus 15, at about 55 fps, with or without the FS2Crew Panel open.

Having the FS2Crew panel open or closed makes no real difference.... at least on my machine.

i think this shows the problem.. both the fps counter and the visuals