Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

PMDG Announcement - re MSFS

3 hours ago, Pastaiolo said:

This is exactly why i hoped there woudn't be any kind of backward compatibility, it's the only way to have a good margin of certainty about having developers actually work on their addon, take advantage of the new technological offerings and not re-use many previously used assets.

Exactly. I don't care investing some money, if it is well invested. 😉

I think this is mainly what the crying about WebAssembly is about. It's additional work and some devs are uncertain if the quality of the product will justify a higher price.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

WebAssembly is nothing more than a "sandbox" to which 3rd party developers will be limited and confined, while their own in-house development will have full access to all of the C++ functionality that the "sandboxed" folks won't be permitted...

...IMHO, of course.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I am eager to see how they manage to sell us the same airplanes the 4th, 5th and 6th time during the lifespan of this new sim.

Lukas Dalton

I don't get it.. If there is an empty space in the market for planes that are just as good but with free lifetime upgrades, why doesn't someone fill it?

[XP11 BETA/FS2020 BETA] [Pilotedge BETA/Vatsim BETA] 

31 minutes ago, Wewk584 said:

I don't get it.. If there is an empty space in the market for planes that are just as good but with free lifetime upgrades, why doesn't someone fill it?

Because devs need to eat?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Matthew S

On 5/31/2020 at 11:16 PM, Ridvan Celik said:

You’re 100% right. Now I can’t say much but all I need to say is I’ve uninstalled P3D and X-plane... I won’t be uninstalling DCS. 

Personally I’m ready to spend what I need to spend to have all my favourite planes in MSFS2020. After all it’s my hobby. 

Right on - I'm retired so I have time to wait and gather the required $$.

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

22 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

Right on - I'm retired so I have time to wait and gather the required $$.

Cheers

bs

I can sense the sarcasm. 

I’ll say this the nicest way possible, you can’t tell a company to hurry up or waive addon fees because you’re retired. I’m sure some companies have discounts but you being retired and not having the funds or time Is called life. I’ll get there too one day. 

I was referring to buying a new computer but at $50 US (I think I paid that for MSFS Version 1) it will be a steal: https://www.gfinityesports.com/article/3615/microsoft-flight-simulator-2020-release-date-specs-download-cost-vr-alpha-gameplay-beta-demo-and-more-for-pc-and-xbox-one

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

On 6/2/2020 at 11:05 PM, n4gix said:

WebAssembly is nothing more than a "sandbox" to which 3rd party developers will be limited and confined, while their own in-house development will have full access to all of the C++ functionality that the "sandboxed" folks won't be permitted...

...IMHO, of course.

Thanks for the insight. I remember some harsh criticism about the SDK in general, not allowing for detailed addons.

I thought it was a bit too early to judge and that it more likely is something temporary as it doesn't fit well in the overall impression I have from this project. It's nice to see a big dev like PMDG remaining calm.

• Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I will be happy with what is provided initially. However, I have no interest in PMDG products so price won't be a problem for me.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

The 737 NGXu will be available for $139. There was a sale last year - if you purchased it for P3D for $99, then you would only need to pay $40 for the MSFS version. I think.

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

I really cannot understand when people talk about investing in add-ons, the sim, etc.

Investing is the act of allocating resources, usually money, with the expectation of generating an income or profit. You can invest in endeavors, such as using money to start a business, or in assets, such as purchasing real estate in hopes of reselling it later at a higher price.

You certainly do not 'invest' in buying add-ons for a sim/game.. 

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...