Sign in to follow this  
Kiwi0ne

Cereproc Voice - pausing between words

Hi all,

I just bought a couple of Cereproc voices thinking they would add to the immersion but on the contrary, I find it is almost unbearable the experience. The voice pauses between words sometimes for 1 or 2 seconds. 

Fuel......left....aft...fuel.... pump............selected.....on  - just to say this it requires 7 seconds (and why does it say fuel twice?)

How can i speed up the pauses between the words ? 

Thank you for the help.

E.

1 hour ago, Kiwi0ne said:

Hi all,

I just bought a couple of Cereproc voices thinking they would add to the immersion but on the contrary, I find it is almost unbearable the experience. The voice pauses between words sometimes for 1 or 2 seconds. 

Fuel......left....aft...fuel.... pump............selected.....on  - just to say this it requires 7 seconds (and why does it say fuel twice?)

Thank you for the help.

E.

TTS voices need some CPU power. Not a lot. However, the engine that makes the synthesis shouldn't be deprived of CPU time.

This may happen if say you confined MCE to only a single core.

Are you by any chance using Affinity masks or manually adjusting simulator priorities.

Could you post a screenshot of the <About> tab in MCE user interface showing vital system resources?

Edit: You may want to check those voices in other apps. At he very least perform a test in Window Control Panel in order to make sure voice is installed properly and there are no issues with voice registration and such.

Thanks

Edited by FS++

I´am using cereproc TTS aswell and my FO speaks very naturally and fluent. That would mean, that the issue can´t come from MCE. There is only one exception from that. The readback to PFE ATC is done with Little pauses between every word. Because it´s only the readback to ATC, is there a Chance ever to get solved, Gerald?

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

Hello and thank you for the help.

I am not using any affinity masks or similar.  Here is the image requested:

https://imgur.com/a/SCvGIhF

I have set the CPU usage to max but does not make any difference. Not sure what else it could be?

8 hours ago, Kiwi0ne said:

Hello and thank you for the help.

I am not using any affinity masks or similar.  Here is the image requested:

https://imgur.com/a/SCvGIhF

I have set the CPU usage to max but does not make any difference. Not sure what else it could be?

Thanks for the screenshot.

You definitely have enough power to handle everything.

Since you have 8 physical cores, I suggest you turn HyperThreading OFF.

It's possible, Windows is running the "speech server" (the Cereproc engine that synthesizes speech) on a logical core as opposed to a physical one.

Another suggestion. check your Firewall isn't blocking apps related to Cereproc. It could be that the voice is calling home (software protection or something) before uttering something.

Both HT cores are the same physical core! With HT disabled there's one logical core, with HT enabled there's two. With HT on or off the same number of threads are used. With HT on those threads finish sooner than they do with HT off which will reduce performance. Ideal Flight, for example, arranges that the speech threads run on cores (HT on or off) away from the main tasks in true multitasking to avoid drawing on the simulator performance.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

On 6/2/2020 at 9:15 PM, FS++ said:

Thanks for the screenshot.

You definitely have enough power to handle everything.

Since you have 8 physical cores, I suggest you turn HyperThreading OFF.

It's possible, Windows is running the "speech server" (the Cereproc engine that synthesizes speech) on a logical core as opposed to a physical one.

Another suggestion. check your Firewall isn't blocking apps related to Cereproc. It could be that the voice is calling home (software protection or something) before uttering something.

I wouldnt want to turn off HT as I don't use the PC for xplane exclusively. 

The Cereproc voices work well with the preview of Windows Speech synthesis though. I'll try to make a video. 

On 6/1/2020 at 10:26 AM, Kiwi0ne said:

Hi all,

Thank you for the help.

E.

Hi, I have used a couple of Cereproc voices without issue. Although I'm on Win 7 and not Win 10 which may present other issues?

Did you solve your problems? If not you could make sure any antivirus is not nannying either MCE or Cereproc. I exclude all flight sim folders from my antivirus.

Try typing a phrase in "notify" and call the phrase up? That should just read it aloud. Also bump speech speed up to maximum.

Do the MCE supplied voices run normally?

I can't think of anything else. If everything's installed correctly it should all run like a dream.

Cheers.