Sign in to follow this  
MarkW

Anyone successfully install Tropicalsim Scenery into v5 ?

3 hours ago, regis9 said:

Glad to hear they are working with a little bit of work, I love my Caribbean tropical sim airports.

It’s been a while since I did any editing of AFCAD files, is it just a matter of drawing a single large exclude rectangle that excludes airport objects?  I seem to remember there are other excluded that will get rid of autogen as well which we wouldn’t want in this case of course.

That may work I did know about it. I deleted every object individually.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

26 minutes ago, RamonB said:

Hello All

I got MBPV2015, MDPC2016, MDST2018, TAPA2017, TFFF2018, TIST2018, TNCA2017 & TNCC2017 all working in P3D v5.
(Still need to do some excludes thought)

One very important thing to REMEMBER IS:

DO NOT USE the installer supplied AutogenConfigurationMerger, (As it is not designed to work with P3D v5), INSTEAD You should use the latest Arno's AutogenConfigurationMerger for P3D v5. (first Post) so the default.xml entries are correctly inserted into the Autogen\default.xml.

(Using the Old ACM might corrupt Your \Autogen\default.xml, because of different encodings.)

How do you bypass the Tropicalsim installer wanting to put in the old Autogen configuration manager? The old one was a cause of a lot of headaches in V4.5. I don't want it in V5, therefore I haven't installed any Tropicalsim sceneries yet.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

41 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

How do you bypass the Tropicalsim installer wanting to put in the old Autogen configuration manager? The old one was a cause of a lot of headaches in V4.5. I don't want it in V5, therefore I haven't installed any Tropicalsim sceneries yet.

Lee

If I remember correctly:

First I made a backup copy of \autogen\default.xml. (I always do when installing old sceneries)
Then Installed Arno's AutogenConfigurationMerger Beta for P3D v5.
(Before he released the final version, I am now using that one)
Once his latest ACM is installed, the one in the TropicalSim Installer should tell You that a newer version is already installed, so it should skip installing it)
Once You install the TropicalSim sceneries, run P3D and You will see a message that ACM did some changes. Let P3D finish loading the first screen.
Then just restart P3D v5 and voila, it should be working as expected.

Cheers.

Note: to be safe, later on replace all OLD AutogenConfigurationMerger.exe's in the TropicalSim folders with a copy of the new one.

Edited by RamonB

3 hours ago, Midnight Music said:

Lee

I don't recall there was an option to install ACM into v4. There was no option to choose v4 from the ACM screen appearing after installation completion.

?

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

1 hour ago, Shomron said:

I don't recall there was an option to install ACM into v4. There was no option to choose v4 from the ACM screen appearing after installation completion.

?

It comes up with certain Tropicalsim sceneries like Martinique for instance.

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

9 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

It comes up with certain Tropicalsim sceneries like Martinique for instance.

Lee

It comes up for me every installation pretty much however there is no v4 checkbox, only v3 and below

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Guys/Gals

You need to install Arno's latest AutogenConfigurationMerger P3D v5. (First Post on Page).
Older versions won't show the P3D v5 install Option.

As for TropicalSim installers. Point them to the latest P3D Version they have.
Just make a fake P3D Folder (like D:\Prepar3d V2 or D:\Prepar3D v3 or D:\Prepar3D v4) and then move the files from the TropicalSim subfolder. to D:\Prepar3D v5\TropicalSim subfolder, then add the scenery via scenery manager or add-on.xml method.

Here is MVPV Providenciales 2015 (For P3D v2) in P3D V5. ( I'm working on the exclusions)
Sorry MediaFire or AVSIM makes the image is blurry,

1sp1571okt1cx7d6g.jpg

High Res Image HERE

Edited by RamonB

On 6/1/2020 at 9:48 AM, MarkW said:

Yes,

Would you mind posting your Lorby file so I can confirm I am adding correctly?

Oh sorry guy i did not use lorby to install any of these. Mdpc and tapa installed fine...for mbpv i turned the corresponding obx file to .off. or you could use ade to exclude the default scenery. If i misled you on the lorby part i apologize.

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

10 hours ago, ywg256 said:

Oh sorry guy i did not use lorby to install any of these. Mdpc and tapa installed fine...for mbpv i turned the corresponding obx file to .off. or you could use ade to exclude the default scenery. If i misled you on the lorby part i apologize.

Thanks, I got it working with Lorby.  Only issue is the evelvation at MBPV, the scenery is 20 feet below the default so I guess I need to also turn off the obx file to fix it.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

On 6/2/2020 at 1:05 PM, gregmorin said:

That may work I did know about it. I deleted every object individually.

I'm feeling like a bit of a dunce here, would you mind explaining a bit more how you did this?  Do you load up the stock airport in ADE, delete everything, then export that as a BGL?  This is uncharted territory for me.  Thanks!

I'm looking to install TNCC, TNCA, MDPC, TAPA, KMCI (all most recent versions) if anyone has exclude files they'd be willing to share for these.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

10 hours ago, regis9 said:

I'm feeling like a bit of a dunce here, would you mind explaining a bit more how you did this?  Do you load up the stock airport in ADE, delete everything, then export that as a BGL?  This is uncharted territory for me.  Thanks!

I'm looking to install TNCC, TNCA, MDPC, TAPA, KMCI (all most recent versions) if anyone has exclude files they'd be willing to share for these.

You can send Tropicalsim an email and if it's an easy fix they will help out with it

Shom

11 hours ago, regis9 said:

I loaded up the default airport deleted the objects, compiled the airport and then but the new bgl in the scenery folder of the airport you want to modify. There is no need to change the name of the bgl.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Hi, those of you who managed to get TFFF 2018 working in Prepar3D v5 HF 2, are you getting very dim runway lights?.

It's the only issue I've found so far, the rest of the products seem to work ok.

Thanks! 

Enrique Vaamonde

3 hours ago, evaamo said:

Hi, those of you who managed to get TFFF 2018 working in Prepar3D v5 HF 2, are you getting very dim runway lights?.

It's the only issue I've found so far, the rest of the products seem to work ok.

Thanks! 

TFFF Runway Lights have been dim for me since P3D v4.

I have since v4 disabled the runway lights bgl and added them vía ADE. Also downloaded a program that adds dynamic lights, but haven’t used it on v5.

Edited by RamonB

6 hours ago, RamonB said:

TFFF Runway Lights have been dim for me since P3D v4.

I have since v4 disabled the runway lights bgl and added them vía ADE. Also downloaded a program that adds dynamic lights, but haven’t used it on v5.

Thanks! I'll try reaching out to Tropicalsim and post back if I get a reply

Enrique Vaamonde