Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

HP Reverb G2 - Everything You NEED To Know

This looks like it should be a nice headset. The problem is that my previous experience with Windows Mixed Reality, Via the Samsung Odyssey, sucked.

The headset itself was not bad, but the WMR software interface with Steam VR was amazingly clunky, overly complex, and the controllers sucked.

For me, it may have left a permanent bad taste.

• Upvote 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Looks like a great headset just the fov kills it for me! guess next gen.

Edited by Silverbird

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

10 hours ago, Silverbird said:

Looks like a great headset just the fov kills it for me! guess next gen.

Absolutely, the FOV of the first Reverb was terrible small, my Odyssey is better. I had hoped for more than that, because they said no compromise, which it is in my opinion.

Edited by Chandler
  • Like 1

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB 

15 hours ago, Chandler said:

Absolutely, the FOV of the first Reverb was terrible small, my Odyssey is better. I had hoped for more than that, because they said no compromise, which it is in my opinion.

Yeah definitely why spend the time and money on it and not pushing it to be the best it can be... hopefully will have better headsets in the future with that high resolution and a good wide fov.

Edited by Silverbird

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

I have the first generation Reverb. I like the fact that this has the adjustable IPD and the cable seems to be much lighter in weight. I'm going to wait because the resolution is the same so there may not be much difference between G1 and G2 to justify a new purchase.

NAX669.png