Sign in to follow this  
JustanotherPilot

Milviz Beech KA350i Released

Do you mean that the 4.5 MB pdf User Guide is inadequate or that you have not looked for it? Or are you exercising your right to criticise without owning or studying the product?

Edited by Reader
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, molleh said:

The lack of included documentation is absurd when you consider the price is the highest of any GA offering ever offered for a flight simulator.

Eaglesoft Citation XLS+ costs $119.95 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Reader said:

Do you mean that the 4.5 MB pdf User Guide is inadequate or that you have not looked for it? Or are you exercising your right to criticise without owning or studying the product?

I'm exercising my right to criticize without owning the product.

I thought so. Do you consider the freely available 67 page User Guide to be the inadequate documentation?

Edited by Reader

15 minutes ago, molleh said:

I'm exercising my right to criticize without owning the product.

Well, you absolutely have the right, but you're pretty close to being compared to a person who yells "fire" in a fully occupied movie house, if you can appreciate how loved that person would be. 

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

19 minutes ago, Reader said:

I thought so. Do you consider the freely available 67 page User Guide to be the inadequate documentation?

It's completely inadequate. 

It is the PMDG factor. Everyone expects that every product will come with thousands of pages of manufacture provided documentation for free. 

Most of these documents today not only copyrighted but also restricted IAW with Export Administration Regulations (EAR.) They have always been restricted, but now today these documents also include an EAR statement. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

It's completely inadequate. 

I am perfectly fine with the user guide and use hardly any other documentation for my flights. I am not a real pilot, but I like to follow amplified checklists and feel the consequences if I miss something. For such a hobbyist purpose, the user guide is adequate. Of course, if you are a RW KA350 pilot and want to follow all regulations exactly, you need more than the user guide. However, chances are you would then own the POH of the real airplane, so I don't see much harm done with the documentation available (user guide, plus resources available on the user forum).

Peter

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Nyxx said:

This one is underway already.

That would be welcome!.

Thanks so much, Ed

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

This at the moment imho the best GA aircraft for P3dV4 and eventually V5. PL21 is excellent as is the rest of the aircraft. While not cheap this will be by the hour used some of the least expensive fun you'll have in P3d. I was one of the initial purchasers many moons ago and the wait has been worth it. I flew in the rw the King air 90 & 200...wish I'd had a chance to fly this before retirement. if it fits your budget i think it will be money well spent.

Dave

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

This at the moment imho the best GA aircraft for P3dV4 and eventually V5. PL21 is excellent as is the rest of the aircraft. While not cheap this will be by the hour used some of the least expensive fun you'll have in P3d. I was one of the initial purchasers many moons ago and the wait has been worth it. I flew in the rw the King air 90 & 200...wish I'd had a chance to fly this before retirement. if it fits your budget i think it will be money well spent.

Dave

I have to agree with you. I bought the Milviz Beech KA350i way back when service packs were being developed. I gave up the Carenado version, and will never use it again. I think it's amazing!!

Mike

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

42 minutes ago, edpatino said:

That would be welcome!.

Thanks so much, Ed

Ed and anyone else who wants to pass comment.

What I personally find is that Documents etc that comes with these high end aircraft can be two things. 

1) They can be over whelming and 50% of what you can do is not needed in a day to day flight. E.G testing to see if your PITOT are blocked. Now if someone wants to use a full SOP for every fight and run every test then I take my hat of to you. 

2) All the facts you need are there but again a huge amount is not called for, Like E.G in the KA I use Cold and Dark as the state by aircraft loads in, do I really need to check my parking breaks are on when 100% of the time they are!

So when I do a walk-though its for my personally taste. No one with 3400 DL has said I got anything wrong with my FSL walk-thought, but it did take months of work to do, but the point is it does not tell how to do things that you should know. nor does it tell you to run every test that aircraft can do, just the basic day to day, first flight of the day type of tests.

They are never "dummy" guilds there more a common since guild to what you should focus on doing and in what order. With all the fluff taken out.

So does that sound like what your after? 

After doing 2 more flights today there is not a lot wrong with what comes with the aircraft it's more like #2 imo. If you sat down with it and started at #11 and followed to the end of #12 you have just done a flight. Its just not the type of walk thought I personally like.

Nor imo would it make any difference if it told you to do a flight from XXXX to XXXX. If you cannot adapt a walk though to any flight you wish to do them your going to have problems.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, KenG said:

It is the PMDG factor. Everyone expects that every product will come with thousands of pages of manufacture provided documentation for free. 

It's not just the PMDG factor, it's the Qualitwings factor, the Aerosoft factor, even the Feelthere factor, and the Chuck's Guides factor. 

Also, I asked for a tutorial flight, not "thousands of pages of documentation".

• Like 1