Sign in to follow this  
JustanotherPilot

Milviz Beech KA350i Released

10 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

It's not just the PMDG factor, it's the Qualitwings factor, the Aerosoft factor, even the Feelthere factor, and the Chuck's Guides factor. 

Also, I asked for a tutorial flight, not "thousands of pages of documentation".

There's lots of docs/manuals/training materials online. To dismiss this aircraft because you are not happy with the docs, with this particular aircraft, is a mistake. This aircraft from a realism standpoint is so developed that I have gone to my Flight Safety material to make sure I understand correctly the odd item. This is an aircraft if you're a long time simmer and anticipate being so well into the future is a very good addition to your hangar. It's a machine you'll keep coming back to - sort of like for me the Real Air Beech Turbine Duke is.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

There's lots of docs/manuals/training materials online. To dismiss this aircraft because you are not happy with the docs, with this particular aircraft, is a mistake. This aircraft from a realism standpoint is so developed that I have gone to my Flight Safety material to make sure I understand correctly the odd item. This is an aircraft if you're a long time simmer and anticipate being so well into the future is a very good addition to your hangar. It's a machine you'll keep coming back to - sort of like for me the Real Air Beech Turbine Duke is.

You shouldn't have to do that for $120.

Come at me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

While money isn't everything, it sure can make life easier.  This is a way out of my price point comfort zone unfortunately, but I'm sure some folks are going to really enjoy this one.  I wish I was one of them.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Anyone try this model out yet? The tutorials on YouTube are very poor quality. In the one video it seemed to porpoise up and down a lot in FLC mode. Wondering if the VNAV actually functions like the real thing? And wondering if DIRECT TO works correctly if the nav system is just piggybacked on top of the same old default FSX FMS system.  None of these functions were demonstrated in the video, so I am skeptical. I can't see spending $80.00 to find out.

Edited by TedK

35 minutes ago, molleh said:

Come at me.

Pointless.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Reader said:

Do you mean that the 4.5 MB pdf User Guide is inadequate or that you have not looked for it? Or are you exercising your right to criticise without owning or studying the product?

In all honesty it is inadequate.

It's not a bad add on at all, I very much enjoy it and I'm happy to have it bought but you can reasonably expect more in terms of documentation from the developer.

What I'm expecting when dealing with "complex" aircraft is a tutorial flight. FSLAB provide a very good one, PMDG as well, Majestic as well. No intelectual property issue at stake. Not evrything is in it, not all function are detailled but it is a very solid way to start, learn the system and understand the logic. And then you can deep dive into real aircraft manual if you want further on.

But the documentation provided by Milviz is too poor given the price tag in my opinion.

Still i would recommend to buy the add on, as it is a solid one, and probably the best of the king air (compared to the Carenado / Flight 1 on P3D and Airfoilab on XPlane that I all own it is the most enjoyable by far) but a nice tutorial flight documentation would be more than welcome.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

At least the Flight1 B250 has a reasonably functional G1000 unit. Carenado's is still piggybacked on the dysfunctional FSX nav system.

6 hours ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

While money isn't everything, it sure can make life easier.  This is a way out of my price point comfort zone unfortunately, but I'm sure some folks are going to really enjoy this one.  I wish I was one of them.

Yep, I hear you. Different choices for everyone. I’ve got neighbours that spend $10/day x 2 for cigarettes and they wonder why they’re tight on money.  That’s their choice. If  you’re able to swing it in the future I think you’ll find you get your money’s worth. I’ve really enjoyed learning the PL21. 

• Like 3

18 hours ago, TedK said:

wondering if DIRECT TO works correctly if the nav system is just piggybacked on top of the same old default FSX FMS system.  None of these functions were demonstrated in the video, so I am skeptical. I can't see spending $80.00 to find out.

i did a DIRECT with the FMS today it seemed to work perfectly not that I would know what the same old default FSX FMS system does as I have only use high end addons.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Yeah, The default FMS in FSX will not go "direct to" from current position without deleting the entire flight plan, or it will attempt to join aroute from your departure airport or previous way point.

I was wondering about the VNAV function. That was another downfall of FSX. Also, a lot of add-ons FLC functions are unstable. They porpoise up and down trying to hold the IAS. Like the Flight1 Mustang, FLC porpoises under FL180. So it's useless on climb-out.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TedK said:

Anyone try this model out yet? The tutorials on YouTube are very poor quality. In the one video it seemed to porpoise up and down a lot in FLC mode. Wondering if the VNAV actually functions like the real thing? And wondering if DIRECT TO works correctly if the nav system is just piggybacked on top of the same old default FSX FMS system.  None of these functions were demonstrated in the video, so I am skeptical. I can't see spending $80.00 to find out.

It's custom nav system - it'll do DTO, "activate leg," airways, VNAV etc etc...accepts Navigraph 

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

In that case It worked as you would hope it deleted all 3 of the way points I was skipping and draw a new route to the selected one the rest of the route was as you would expect.

Not tried VNAV or FLC. 
On climb out I target Vr +35 and engage AP with FMS pre selected. The AP takes over perfectly keeping the pitch. Since PROATC ever gives me the TOD as worked out. So far I am just using VS and the banana line to judge rate of descent.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

In that case It worked as you would hope it deleted all 3 of the way points I was skipping and draw a new route to the selected one the rest of the route was as you would expect.

Not tried VNAV or FLC. 
On climb out I target Vr +35 and engage AP with FMS pre selected. The AP takes over perfectly keeping the pitch. Since PROATC ever gives me the TOD as worked out. So far I am just using VS and the banana line to judge rate of descent.

I also use the banana and VS for descent.  FLC for climb typically 170 kias.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well, maybe we can "crowdsource" a tutorial flight. By the time this thread has grown to 35 pages, we'll have a decent tutorial flight put together. 

Very few videos on youtube about this bird...that tells me something. 

If I had recording software and time (haha) I would do one.  Preferably I'd do it while on Pilot Edge for some realistic ATC.

Aside from startup it's pretty straightforward.  I usually rotate around 95 kias, gear up flaps up around 300 ft, accelerate to 170.  FLC to assigned altitude and maybe cruise FL260-FL310.  Props to 1500 rpm.

I'm fairly well versed in the PL21 and FMS3000 if you need help.  I'm not a king air pilot however. (Just a regular GA guy)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |