Sign in to follow this  
JustanotherPilot

Milviz Beech KA350i Released

Hi Guys ! Now that the SP1 is released, I am very attracted to this bird. However, by reading the (poor) manual that is available and watching videos available on Youtube, it looks like I won't be able to map my Virtual Fly TQ6 through FSUIPC. The MVAMS looks a bit sassy too.

The particular interest of this setup is the use of the detents, which on the VF TQ6 are not buttons such as the Saitek Throttle Levers but actual axis. This works fine on all other addons such as the F1 B200.

Has anybody any insight to share on this matter ?

Thanks very much in advance

Guillaume

YouTube Channel : The Flying Frog (P3D flying)

My Flickr Gallery : clicky clicky

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

1 hour ago, TopGun33 said:

Hi Guys ! Now that the SP1 is released, I am very attracted to this bird. However, by reading the (poor) manual that is available and watching videos available on Youtube, it looks like I won't be able to map my Virtual Fly TQ6 through FSUIPC. The MVAMS looks a bit sassy too.

The particular interest of this setup is the use of the detents, which on the VF TQ6 are not buttons such as the Saitek Throttle Levers but actual axis. This works fine on all other addons such as the F1 B200.

i have no experiance of the TQ6.

i use a thrusmaster warthog TQ , with 3d printed detends as the one i did for FSL A320 

i use FSUIPC and set the detents in the 350i controls file.

set max power then first detent IDLE then second detend BETA then  max Reverse thrust works great.

its similar to what you do in the MJC Q400 or FSL A3XX if you have that ones

Edited by westman
  • Upvote 1

I also own a full HOTAS Warthog so I see what you mean. Thanks for your help @westman

Guillaume

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D at 4.5 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming RAM: 48 Gb GPU: 1x RTX 4090 OS : Win 11 Display : Philips BD4350UC (4K 43" display) + 1 AOC 21" FHD side display
Hardware: Virpil WarBRD Base with WarBRD Grip OR Warthog Grip, VPC ACE Collection Rudder Pedals, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Goflight MCP Pro, Custom homecockpit.

3 hours ago, TopGun33 said:

Hi,

Virtual Fly TQ6 works fine once properly configured. There is a TQ6 owner in MV support forum that explains how to do that.

Tomas

• Upvote 1

The walk through is done and uploaded to AVSIM Library.

Will Give link when I get email.

• Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

11 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

I hope they can implement RNAV and LPV for the PL21 soon 😄 and then integrate it to the lear 60XR and finally release it 😄

I am not sure what you are asking. They have RNAV (RNP), both departure and arrival procedures, integrated based on the NAVIGRAPH database. I have flown a number of approaches to LNAV, LNAV/VNAV, and LPV minimums. 

The biggest issue, which I also find with the Flight1 Garmin 750, is when the scenery does not match the real world. Multiple times I have been brought in high or low for an LPV approach because the runway threshold height in the scenery is different from the NAVIGRAPH database. Hopefully this starts to get fixed with P3DV5 where we can finally have sloped and undulating runways. I am not sure if MV included the ability to fly A-RNP approaches as that is a feature recently released by Rockwell-Collins in the 4.2 update to their FMS. Normally these would be filtered out of the FMS, but I think MV choose to leave everything in and let the pilot decided if they can fly it or not.

The second issue is the NAVIGRAPH database does not contain the Final Approach Segment Database (FASDB) which defines the approach to include the lateral and vertical constraints. In an LPV or LP approach the procedure is flown down a funnel in which the constraints get tighter the closer to the runway you get. Unlike an LNAV or LNAV with Baro-VNAV approach in which the airplane is flying inside of a box 0.3nm wide and ~50m when vertical information is provided. (Note there is a difference in Baro-VNAV and SBAS VNAV procedures. In SBAS even if the approach is not certified for LPV, but does have LNAV/VNAV minimums the FMS will still use the enhanced SBAS altimetry.)

So, by selecting NAVIGRAPH as the database provider there was a lot of missing information needed to make 100% realistic RNAV approaches. If you know what you are looking at this will be evident.

1 hour ago, taguilo said:

Virtual Fly TQ6 works fine once properly configured.

I can second that.

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Thanks guys

Guillaume

7 hours ago, TopGun33 said:

Incorrect. You can use FSUIPC or not, you just mustn’t do the calibration in FSUIPC. Instead you do that in the MVAMS, just like the MJC Q400, which was my inspiration for designing the system.

• Like 1

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

On 6/2/2020 at 3:37 AM, Nyxx said:

Just do your home work then.

You cannot rely on people to spend hours to make you a PDF to give you a walk thought, then in return for that work only 1% of people will even thank you for doing so. So read up and make one, then share it. 

The first flight i did, was just with the Doc's what came with it. There fine.

The links below will give you all the info anyone would need if you want to dive deep.

So get on with it, learn and Enjoy! or do nothing and go without? 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jkxx334d54k1w0o/AACRZ7UR_EULmaj0e56fnrLSa?dl=0

A great help.  Thank you!

• Like 1

Bill  N7IBG