Sign in to follow this  
gregory.goodwin1

Bahamas Scenery Pack 3-1 available

9 hours ago, BBCM said:

Thanks Greg and everyone for this great scenery. I love flying in the Bahamas, especially during our miserable Canadian winters, and occasionally miserable Canadian summers.

But I've come across one small problem at MYAM  Leonard M. Thompson International airport at Marsh Harbour, runway 09 (the western end of the main runway).  If I go to the outside plane view and look east down the runway, everything appears fine. But if I pan around and look west, the pavement for runway and taxi way disappears, and only yellow coloured dirt is left. If I change the view back towards the east, the runway and taxi way pavement pops back in to view. Similarly, if I take off from runway 27 at the eastern end of the runway and fly west, everything appears fine until I'm about 2/3's of the way down the runway (heading west), and then all of a sudden the runway and taxi way pavements disappear.

I don't know if this is happening on just my pc or not. It doesn't seem like a typical elevation or shaders or interfering bgl problem, which usually appears regardless of the direction you're looking in.

Anyway, it's nothing major, and doesn't stop my enjoyment of the airport and surrounding scenery, but I just thought I would mention, and find out if anyone else is seeing this as well, or if it's only on my pc.

Thanks again for all the hard work and great scenery!

-Bob

I’ve also seen this anomaly and hadn’t remembered it until you mentioned it today. So I loaded up P3D v4.5 and it happened to me again. Just as you described it too. 

no idea what could be causing it or what the solution might be.

17 hours ago, BBCM said:

Thanks Greg and everyone for this great scenery. I love flying in the Bahamas, especially during our miserable Canadian winters, and occasionally miserable Canadian summers.

But I've come across one small problem at MYAM  Leonard M. Thompson International airport at Marsh Harbour, runway 09 (the western end of the main runway).  If I go to the outside plane view and look east down the runway, everything appears fine. But if I pan around and look west, the pavement for runway and taxi way disappears, and only yellow coloured dirt is left. If I change the view back towards the east, the runway and taxi way pavement pops back in to view. Similarly, if I take off from runway 27 at the eastern end of the runway and fly west, everything appears fine until I'm about 2/3's of the way down the runway (heading west), and then all of a sudden the runway and taxi way pavements disappear.

I don't know if this is happening on just my pc or not. It doesn't seem like a typical elevation or shaders or interfering bgl problem, which usually appears regardless of the direction you're looking in.

Anyway, it's nothing major, and doesn't stop my enjoyment of the airport and surrounding scenery, but I just thought I would mention, and find out if anyone else is seeing this as well, or if it's only on my pc.

Thanks again for all the hard work and great scenery!

-Bob

Bob,

I'll take a look at that, it sounds like a common issue in P3D that I should be able to fix.

10 hours ago, spilok said:

Thanks, Gregory.  I just flew from Miami to Nassau at dusk in a Lear....and it was beautiful in P3dV5!   Loved it before, and love it even more now.

Stan

Stan,

Glad you are enjoying it,  and glad to hear that it works in v5.  I'm picking v5 up as a father's day gift to myself soon. Relieved know I don't have to recompile all those files!.

On 6/12/2020 at 6:35 AM, gregory.goodwin1 said:

Bob,

I'll take a look at that, it sounds like a common issue in P3D that I should be able to fix.

Bob, and anyone who has this issue with MYAM.   Download this update and it should take care of the problem.  Just replace the two files in the Bahamas TC Airports/Scenery folder and overwrite the existing files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2ch8yb90vhn5ql9/AACxVRl1I9bGbNFOOPHQKMa3a?dl=0

3 hours ago, gregory.goodwin1 said:

Bob, and anyone who has this issue with MYAM.   Download this update and it should take care of the problem.  Just replace the two files in the Bahamas TC Airports/Scenery folder and overwrite the existing files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2ch8yb90vhn5ql9/AACxVRl1I9bGbNFOOPHQKMa3a?dl=0

Thank you very much Gregory! That worked perfectly.

-Bob. 

I had a good time with this, this afternoon I hauled off and took the default Maul (for the heck of it) from MYAN and headed East across the water to MYNN. Really a great sight-seeing romp across that whole island, despite rain off and on. Occasional sun here and there. I think it was at MYAN, some guy standing near a building kept waving at me. I'm pretty sure he was up to no good, so I hurriedly took to the air. I actually was half serious at installing all this, Didn't get into Step four. steps 1-3 was definantly worth it.     

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Gregory,

Really outstanding job on this scenery!  I also got all the Misty Moorings add ons. Took almost a whole morning to install but worth it.   

One problem I am having is hitting crash boxes - invisible objects that cause the aircraft to crash - just taxiing along runways. Has happened thus far at MYAC and MYER.

I also nominate you to do your fine work to the Caribbean islands - an area Orbx seems to keep ignoring.  Suggest starting with the Grenadines.

Cheers,

expat

Sorry, are these scenery with phototerrain?

Edited by BMW969

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Hey yall, 

Scenery looks great in V5! One issue I've run into is at MYSM, where the taxiway between the ramp and the runway is under the ground/grass (ie the scenery shows up fine with the only exception being that missing taxiway).

Shane Reilly

Prepar3D & X-Plane 11

737_button.png130_button.png