Sign in to follow this  
dbrooke

MCE will not connect to X-Plane 11.50

Pretty much what it says in the title,  MCE startin dialog comes up and I hear the chatter.  But the co-pilot never arrives. I have done a file check on X-Plane. and  also reinstalled MCE as per instructions .  At a loss on how to continue.  Best Dudley

WW4959.png

1 hour ago, dbrooke said:

Pretty much what it says in the title,  MCE startin dialog comes up and I hear the chatter.  But the co-pilot never arrives. I have done a file check on X-Plane. and  also reinstalled MCE as per instructions .  At a loss on how to continue.  Best Dudley

Just ran it with 11.50 b9 and it connected OK.

To ensure connection happens ensure you have thse

Our xpInsider64.xpl plugin in \X_plane\Resources\Plugins\ folder

Our xpInsider.cfg in \X_plane\Resources\Plugins\ folder

A folde named <MCE dlls> resides inside \X-Plane\ main installation folder.

Should have 2 sub-folders, each containing 20+ dll (one per fully supported complex aircraft)

When X-Plane loads, pay attention when it says loading "xpInsider.xpl".

Unless you have an error log that points to that plugin not loading, there should be no other reason why MCE wouldn't connect.

I assume you have latest MCE for X-Plane

Since a few months ago, we no longer require running X-Plane as admin. You may want to try running it as admin though. 

Hi I have 1.5.3.2.  have checked and all the files you mention are in the correct place. xpinsider64 does not appear  explicitly on boot up - but I checked log.txt and that says that xpinsider64 was started. I still run evreything as admin as some things still require it.  Best Dudley

WW4959.png

I rolled back to XP 11.41 and the problem persists. I got the Windows troubleshooter up after MCE disappeared. I updated to Windows 2004 this morning, could that be the problem?

WW4959.png

I rolled back to XP 11.41 and the problem persists. I got the Windows troubleshooter up after MCE disappeared. I updated to Windows 2004 this morning, could that be the problem?

Definitely not a regular occurrence.

Check your anti-virus isn't interfering with "xpmce.exe" or "X-Plane.exe".

Obviously, if "xpInsider.xpl" doesn't load MCE won't be able to connect.

Are you seeing the MCE menu under X-Plane plugins menu. If missing, then it's definitely not loading.

I also forgot about plugins managers that may have the "xpInside64.xpl" plugin disabled. You can do that in X-Plane. Check it's not the case.

Hi Gerald I have just decided to try X-Plane this morning, and today MCE works without me having made any changes.  I have  no idea what was happening.  Regards Dudley

WW4959.png

I have been informed by Windows update, that it made a mess of updating and had to reinstall, particularly .Net, everything seems better behaved now.  I don't know if that would be relevant to MCE 

WW4959.png

I have been informed by Windows update, that it made a mess of updating and had to reinstall, particularly .Net, everything seems better behaved now.  I don't know if that would be relevant to MCE 

Thanks for the follow up.

We don't use ANY .Net library. Could have affected other X-Plane plugins which in turn caused side effects. I really don't know.

Let's blame it on Covid19 😛

• Like 1

On 6/3/2020 at 1:40 PM, dbrooke said:

I suggest you update to latest uploaded package at your earliest convenience.

Hello Gerald  I have installed the latest MCE, and I get very patchy performance with XP11.50  Either OpenGL or Vulkan.  Most of the time it doesn't start up properly.  When XP boots I only see a message saying 'Starting Plugins', no specific message about XPinsider64.  Then when I start the MCE interface it doesn't show the version number in the little splash screen.  Under XP11.41 everything works fine, so that is where I am staying for now. I have other problems with 11.50 as well  (Better Pushback and Jar design aircraft)

Edited by dbrooke

WW4959.png