Sign in to follow this  
bbain1187

CTD on Sim Exit

Hello,

Ever since installing FS2Crew for the Maddog in V5, the sim hangs on exit (only with the Maddog) and I have to kill it in task manager. It wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that the Maddog saves the panel state/hours/cycles/failures upon exit so it never gets updated now. Appreciate someone looking at this.

Thanks,

Ben

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

Hi Ben,

I can't reproduce it.  No hang for me on exit.

Please go to "Event Viewer" in Windows and check your Windows Logs - > Application.

You see anything there?

Also, if using a headset, uncheck "HS" on the FS2Crew Main Panel prior to exiting the sim.  If seen it before where that made a difference for a couple users.

Best,

On 6/2/2020 at 5:51 PM, byork said:

Hi Ben,

I can't reproduce it.  No hang for me on exit.

Please go to "Event Viewer" in Windows and check your Windows Logs - > Application.

You see anything there?

Also, if using a headset, uncheck "HS" on the FS2Crew Main Panel prior to exiting the sim.  If seen it before where that made a difference for a couple users.

Best,

The deselecting HS seems to have worked. 3 flights in a row without a crash on exit. Thank you!

Also, if I may add a suggestion for the next update, it would be nice if there were an option to select the autobrake level the FO sets. Medium is usually more braking then I need; I usually change it to low if I have enough stopping margin. It's a bit cumbersome to have to change it while on short final after the FO does it in his flow. Just a suggestion. Thanks again!

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV