Sign in to follow this  
spilok

How many V5 users still using V4.5?

Still on v4.5. Bought v5 and have not even install it.

Less and less lately, FSLabs is really the only thing pulling me back.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Still use 4.5. Some time I get tempted to uninstall V5 and fold it away until maybe next winter then get it out of the drawer and see if it has been refined to a less frustrating condition. It's beautiful in stock condition but I fly mainly tube liners into addon airports and that's where the fun ends.

• Upvote 1

Vic green

I’m remaining on 4.5 until at least P3Dv5.1. I figured by then most programs will be fully working and the bugs should be worked out. Also the 3080 series should be out by then.

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I purchased v5 Professional the day after it was released. I saw the potential but there were just too many problems and no add-ons.  I uninstalled, then reinstalled after the update.  I’m back with v4.5, very content with a stable and fully functional Prepar3d.  My Version 5 is bought and paid for, but this is one time I refuse to be an early adopter or beta tester.  Life is good for now.

Edited by Chuck Dreier
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

Happy with P3D v4.5 for now.  Actually got my settings the best they have ever been.   Reading about all the P3D v5 issues, I can wait.

Duane Buck

3 hours ago, alepro21 said:

I’m  back on 4.5, and have been since about 2-3 days after the HF was released.

I have no time for beta testing and view the posts claiming that v5 can be made to run “rock solid” as wishful thinking based on my testing. It’s a mess for now, so I’ll wait for more updates before going back.

I concur.  I think it's prudent to wait until very few problems are reported before jumping to a new sim.   I'm holding off on v5 until it settles down.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

Me too... I am flying 4.5 HF3 and my (reinstalled to) stock vanilla V.5 HF1 is sitting idle on a separate hard drive.

Just too many issues for how I use the sim at this stage.

I bought it day 1 (as I have every previous release) but this is the first time I have discontinued using the new version.

It is actually disappointing and I was sad to read that a well respected person on this board who is a LM Beta Tester had recommended it not be released but it was anyway. Other releases have had issues but not like this.

As I am on 2020 Alpha,I am soon to uninstall FSX ,P3DV4.5,and XP11, I already purchased PMDG 737 for 2020,looking forward to a great chapter in Flight Simulation ,been simming since 2000.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

12 minutes ago, BIGSKY said:

As I am on 2020 Alpha,I am soon to uninstall FSX ,P3DV4.5,and XP11, I already purchased PMDG 737 for 2020,looking forward to a great chapter in Flight Simulation ,been simming since 2000.

Wait, are you saying PMDG is already selling the NGXu (or whatever they call it for FS2020) for FS2020? Because that would be a load of BS. The only thing they have done is said that the $100 purchase price for the NGXu will go TOWARDS the FS2020 build. You will still have to pay the difference, when it's released. 

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

Haven't tried version 5 but version 4.5 is running well on my system.  Seems be too many frustrated simmers yet for me to give it a shot.  Just don't feel like spending the hours tweaking.  Hopefully hotfixes will solve the issue.

I've found myself only completing one flight using v4.5 since v5 came out.  v5HF1 is that good.  RTM wasn't.

I'm presently playing around with LatinVFR KMIA and the Maddog.  That's how you really learn the limits of P3Dv5HF1.  I have a feeling with HF2 LM will introduce mechanisms short of a crash to handle a VRAM issue, and once that happens, the floodgates will open.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Since I fly mainly in VR, v5 has much better performance in VR then v4.5.  So I have not looked back. Still have v4.5 on my system, but haven't used it since V5.  I have a fairly high end PC with a RTX2080Ti, So I  have not experienced a lot of the problems others are reporting with V5.  Plus, I also only installed v5 compatible add-ons. 

Quite happy with v5.  As with most stuff, should get even better with time. 

Rick Verhallen

i9-13900KF OC to 5.8 Ghz | 64 GIG- G.Skill 7200 RAM | Asus ROG Maximus z790 Hero Motherboard | Gigabyte  RTX 4090 OC |  47" Samsung 4K Monitor I HP Reverb G2 HMD I Varjo Aero HMD I  Windows 11

2 hours ago, webranger said:

Happy with P3D v4.5 for now.  Actually got my settings the best they have ever been.   Reading about all the P3D v5 issues, I can wait.

Exactly the same here. Still too many issues for me to ditch 4.5 just yet.

🛩️ Brian Houghton

System: P3D V5.3 HF2, Intel i7-9700K o/c to 4.5Ghz, Nvidia RTX 3080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 SSD, 2x1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, MSI Z390 M/B, 32Gb G.Skill DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit 21H2,Samsung UHD 43" LED TV, Benq 27" HD monitor.

2nd PC: Networked for atc, charts, and streaming. Intel i7 4790k 4 Ghz, Nvidia GTX 2070 Super, Samsung 970 Evo, 2x sata drives, MSI Z970 M/B, 32Gb G.skills DDR3 Ram, Win 10 Pro 21H2, 2x Benq 27" Monitors

@spilok you should have inserted a poll (you will have to read all comments and make your own list now....maybe a admin could set it up...).

Back to v4.5HF3. P3D v5 is way to buggy and costly for me. It's the first app (game) that req users to buy mid to High end GPU's to fly with mediocre settings.

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech