Sign in to follow this  
spilok

How many V5 users still using V4.5?

Just now, OzWhitey said:

OK, boomer.

Not even close, but thanks for playing, darling.

2 hours ago, flycln said:

Haven’t used 4.5 at all done installing 5 about three weeks ago. 

The wait for hotfix 2 is starting to kill me, though, since both the FSLabs and the NGXu are tied to it. 

Wish we had any indication as to when the hotfix will be released. It’s appeared to be imminent for like a week now

Also:

1. The first sentence is missing the required pronoun, and “done installing” is completely incorrect.

2. The third sentence should also be edited to include a pronoun. 

3. “It’s appeared”? Really? I think perhaps you mean “It has appeared”.

4. “for like a week”. So, we are posting in “Valley Girl” speak and critiquing other posters’ punctuation now, are we?

My good man, if you are going to insist that another member write in a formal manner, you should ensure that your previous post does not, in fact, massacre the Queen’s English to this extent!

😉

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

15 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Also:

1. The first sentence is missing the required pronoun, and “done installing” is completely incorrect.

2. The third sentence should also be edited to include a pronoun. 

3. “It’s appeared”? Really? I think perhaps you mean “It has appeared”.

4. “for like a week”. So, we are posting in “Valley Girl” speak and critiquing other posters’ punctuation now, are we?

My good man, if you are going to insist that another member write in a formal manner, you should ensure that your previous post does not, in fact, massacre the Queen’s English to this extent!

😉

I'm terribly sorry, English is my fourth language. Making an effort to at least use basic punctuation helps me and others understand.

I'm pretty sure my post was perfectly intelligible.

My intent was to ask the poster in question to make an effort. I am already making an effort. If my English skills still aren't good enough for you, then I hope you're getting a kick out of making fun of somebody who learned your language. You seem astonishingly self-impressed for no evident good reason. 😉 I'm confident I will not miss seeing your posts.

Edited by flycln
  • Upvote 1

After being out of the loop for a while i also decided to purchase and try out 4.5 rather than V5 in addition to my main sim ( FSX 😉). I don't have a 12GB card or £1000 to splash out on a new GFX card and run a 60hz Single screen at 1080p. May take a look at V5 again in the future if i don't need to buy said card.

• Like 1

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

1 hour ago, flycln said:

I'm terribly sorry, English is my fourth language. Making an effort to at least use basic punctuation helps me and others understand.

My intent was to ask the poster in question to make an effort. I am already making an effort. If my English skills still aren't good enough for you, then I hope you're getting a kick out of making fun of somebody who learned your language. You seem astonishingly self-impressed for no evident good reason. 😉 I'm confident I will not miss seeing your posts.

I do apologies that my punctuation was incorrect . It was a quick post to a topic of interest. I did not re-read before sending had work to get on with. Maybe I will not bother in future!!  I am quite sure you could  understand though perfectly.

No need to be so picky and try to be friendly an  honest mistake. 

Lets keep things on topic and not pick on other members.

Just for you though I will go back and edit my post.

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

2 hours ago, flycln said:

I'm pretty sure the guy you were telling off for poor punctuation had a "perfectly intelligible" post as well. I am only pointing out the (many) flaws in your post because you had a go at the other guy. It's a forum, people are allowed to post on phones, in a hurry, or whatever makes them happy.

I personally don't think we need a bunch of Karens here asking to speak to the manager because someone's full stop or semicolon is out of place.

See you around!

R

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Take 2 for flycln ;

I would still  be using 4.5 if I could share the same orbx library. Still on V5 , have good days and bad with it. Waiting for HF2, if not a big improvement will be uninstalled and 4.5 HF3 installed until 5.1 is released . I  had to install a 1080TI to run V5 without CTD using VR. Still have a RTX 2080, will sell one of them , not sure which until to next hotfix . Would keep the 2080  as a far better card,  just not enough VRAM for V5 on VR. I  purchased  the 1080TI at low cost  on ebay.

Colin hodds

It's good that we can all play together nicely. 🙂 A rule I try to adhere to on a forum is first ascertain the nationality of the person who's English I feel I want to correct. Then ask myself how good would I be in his language? Invariably, the answer would be, not very. 🙁

Edited by Ron Attwood
Comma out of place.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Just now, Ron Attwood said:

It's good that we can all play together nicely. 🙂 A rule I try to adhere to on a forum is first ascertain the nationality of the person who's English I feel I want to correct. Then ask myself how good would I be in his language? Invariably, the answer would be , not very. 🙁

To be fair Ron I was in a rush and had not checked my comments . It was badly written by myself, just do not need my mistakes pointed out on a forum . If I spot a mistake I normally edit.

Colin hodds

Thank goodness for forums edit options. I usually run into issues when I use my phone and I'm in a rush. Autocorrect will make the best writers sound like english is not their first language. I usually catch the mistakes after I go back and proof read what I just posted. Thank goodness IOS will update iMessage because there have been numerous times I have sent out a message only to realize later that Siri or Autocorrect has changed what I was trying to say. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

If the moderators intend to run the forum cleanup process this evening, I would suggest removing Page 5 of this thread in its entirety. My apologies to Daz for being an innocent bystander in this suggested purge.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

48 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

It's good that we can all play together nicely. 🙂 A rule I try to adhere to on a forum is first ascertain the nationality of the person who's English I feel I want to correct. Then ask myself how good would I be in his language? Invariably, the answer would be, not very. 🙁

Ron, the point is not about someone from a non-English-speaking background making mistakes, it is in fact the opposite - that none of us need to be correcting other posters' spelling, grammar or punctuation here!

I think I've made my point, and defended the original poster adequately - I shall move on now. Cheers!

• Like 1

Oz

Well I bit the bullit and bought V5, have had not enjoyed the experience at all, I run a high end laptop and has 4GB dedicated graphics and 8GB of shared and I only use the Nvidia card to run the sim, got Orbx etc installed and the add on airfields which were compatible.

Have OOMS nearly every time I use it, even with the settings down.

Waited for HF 1, didnt make any difference, asked LM for refund, wouldnt give one as was 17 days after purchase. 

P3d V5 is half baked and full of flaws, 2 HF's within weeks demonstrates this. 

Their attitude to someone who has supported them from V2 is really poor.

Will not be buying anymore P3D.

MSFS2020 ,P3D V5, Ryzen 3600 4.2GHZ, 32GB 3000 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1600 Super 6GB, 22 inch 75 hz Monitor , Windows 10 204, Toposim,   Orbx Global, Vector, Europe  N & S California LC, England Regions,  England, PMDG 737, 777, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-20.

1 minute ago, Langyboy63 said:

Well I bit the bullit and bought V5, have had not enjoyed the experience at all, I run a high end laptop and has 4GB dedicated graphics and 8GB of shared and I only use the Nvidia card to run the sim, got Orbx etc installed and the add on airfields which were compatible.

Have OOMS nearly every time I use it, even with the settings down.

Waited for HF 1, didnt make any difference, asked LM for refund, wouldnt give one as was 17 days after purchase. 

P3d V5 is half baked and full of flaws, 2 HF's within weeks demonstrates this. 

Their attitude to someone who has supported them from V2 is really poor.

Will not be buying anymore P3D.

The issue you mention is not a flaw in P3D, though.

You simply don't have enough VRAM. 4GB is nothing. It barely meets the minimum requirements so it makes sense that this would really only work without any aircraft and scenery addons.

That you missed the refund window is hardly their fault either.

Edited by flycln
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I am aware it is a DX12 issue, it will not recognise my 8gb of shared memory, so I have about 6GB of memory it will not touch.

When I made LM aware of this, they didnt want to know.

It is their attitude I have an issue with, 2 HF in weeks and it shows the Sim is not right as well.

It works fine with the Q400 but was still getting CTD with over a gig of memory to spare.

MSFS2020 ,P3D V5, Ryzen 3600 4.2GHZ, 32GB 3000 Ram, Nvidia GTX 1600 Super 6GB, 22 inch 75 hz Monitor , Windows 10 204, Toposim,   Orbx Global, Vector, Europe  N & S California LC, England Regions,  England, PMDG 737, 777, Majestic Q400 and Aerosoft Airbus A318-20.