Sign in to follow this  
vp49p3

How to Offload Orbx Scenery?

Hi-running P3dv4.5 on Windows 7.  Using Orbx scenery exclusively, and all of it on the same drive as P3d. Have held off getting Orbx True Earth scenery because of the size of ssd space needed.  Would someone please let me know how to get an additional external drive and put all Orbx on it and leave all the other programs on the existing drive.  Thanks much.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

In Orbx Central, you can migrate your scenery, one package at a time, to an Orbx library which can be on any drive. 🙂

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

, Bert...when you attempt to move the scenery to an Orbx library there's a note/statement:  "if the scenery is working correctly, we suggest you do not migrate to a library".  Is there a consequence or performance issue they're warning us about?

Paul K

KGYR

Paul K   KGYR

2 hours ago, contractpilot said:

, Bert...when you attempt to move the scenery to an Orbx library there's a note/statement:  "if the scenery is working correctly, we suggest you do not migrate to a library".  Is there a consequence or performance issue they're warning us about?

Paul K

KGYR

That is correct, and needs to be disregarded... it is no longer applicable.  And no, there is no performance issue..

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

In Orbx Central, you can migrate your scenery, one package at a time, to an Orbx library which can be on any drive. 🙂

Thank you!

10 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

That is correct, and needs to be disregarded... it is no longer applicable.  And no, there is no performance issue..

Hello Bert--does that statement apply equally to windows 7?  Also, is the below external ssd good enough?  Thanks much, Jay

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-T5-Portable-SSD-MU-PA2T0B/dp/B073H4GPLQ/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=portable+ssd+2tb+external+ssd&qid=1591203017&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011%2Cp_72%3A2661618011%2Cp_n_feature_three_browse-bin%3A6797522011%2Cp_n_feature_keywords_five_browse-bin%3A7688215011&rnid=7688213011&rps=1&s=pc&sr=1-9

3 hours ago, vp49p3 said:

Windows 7 should be the same.. As for a USB SSD... possibly... if on a USB3 port..  I have no experience with that..

Bert

You may find loading may take longer as your scenery is now reliant on the speed of your USB3 and not the drive, an internal SSD will be faster, i have a 4TB external SSD for storage i store my downloads on there after installing.    

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg