Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Aerosoft A330 Professional 64-Bit Problems Ib CLB

8 hours ago, F737NG said:

Aerosoft support forums:

Been there

8 hours ago, F737NG said:

Could also be a problem specific to your PC and/or sim setup.

And it's good enough to run a high-end PMDG/FSL/Majestic aircraft? Very much doubt it!

4 hours ago, otterspotter said:

Had the exact same problem on my very first flight with Aerosoft A330. With 175253 kg TOW, 15500 kg of fuel, ZFWCG 32.2, TO trim 1.2, it climbed fine till about 7000 ft to then raise the nose sharply and let the speed drop to approx. 125 kts with A.FLOOR having replaced THR CLB mode on FMA.  Turning autopilot off before it started falling out of the sky, I could coax it to a more acceptable attitude and speed, but turning AP back on quickly resulted in a return to the previous state. No issues with LNAV.

Glad to note that someone else was experiencing the very same symptoms

This was on 1.0.0.10

Had it there, then used ASUpdate to latest, still the same bug. It's ludicrous that a so-called 'Professional'(what a travesty of a misnomer to call this that!!)

iwebber's suggestion to check and type in V2 speed.

Tried that because the minute I input Flap 1 in the PERF pafe, V1, Vr, and V2 gets automatically filled in and when I try to do anything there at V2, I get 'bad format' flagging up

Going to try one more time now, and if it's the same problems, this aircraft is going where the other AS aircraft I purchased are going--------the dustbin!!! as I don't have much faith in them as a high-end aircraft developer.😡

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Maybe you were hit by the "18 fps" bug.

Never heard of that one

59 minutes ago, vc10man said:

Never heard of that one

It is not exactly a bug.

The Aerosoft Airbusses' fly-by-wire is programmed in a way that it needs framerate of 18FPS or above to function reliably. If for whatever reason the frames drop below 18 the aircraft will start to behave strangely. And around 10-12 FPS becomes uncontrollable.

7 minutes ago, Farlis said:

It is not exactly a bug.

The Aerosoft Airbusses' fly-by-wire is programmed in a way that it needs framerate of 18FPS or above to function reliably. If for whatever reason the frames drop below 18 the aircraft will start to behave strangely. And around 10-12 FPS becomes uncontrollable.

No, it's not a bug it's a feature. Your frame rates drop below 18, all the Aerosoft Airbusses start going South (literally and figuratively speaking).

• Like 1

Tried yet another flight, Rwandair livery, all load factors as per before, i.e 25o pax, 10000kgs cargo, 600000 kg fuel, Trim 0.8 UP, no weather engine even though I do have Active Sky P3D. This time all the Checklists call-outs were read out without having to turn the Parking Brake off/on.

Did that recommended tip by iwebber, V2 of 154kts; FPS showing in high 30s; but once again, when CL was engaged at well over the transitional level of 9000ft, it was back to that nonsensical nose up pitch of 20 degrees and the  resultant speed bleed and THR CLB now reverting back to A.FLOOR.

As there was not much point at going any further, I shut the sim down. Now, is this appertaining to a particular flight area, i.e because I was flying out of Kigali airport, one of the world's highest airports, but bear in mind no weather engine was on, so does this have a factor on this particular aircraft? In that case, how do Rwandair operate the A330-300 into EBBR?

22 hours ago, vc10man said:

Despite setting a low initial ALT of 29000ft, followed the flashing above the speed tape to set THR CLB setting on the throttle pedestal, and then watched aghast, an angle of attack showing 20 degrees(have never had it more than 10 degrees in any heavies I have flown) as the speed bled despite the A/THR being switched on to auto, to a display of A.Floor instead of THR CLB now showing with AP1 on auto too, to a ridiculous 140kts; the climb rate going up the scale instead of a nice 1500ft-2000ft per minute. Disengaged AP1, dropped the nose down, picked up speed losing ALT as I expected, but at around 320kts when I re-engaged AP1, back to square one, bleeding speed back to a ludicrous sub-160kts

At what point do you enable AP (1 or 2) - is it before or after bringing the throttles back to the CLB detent at the thrust reduction altitude ?

I have seen this numerous times on the A320 family if AP (1 or 2) is engaged BEFORE reducing the throttle detent to CLB. However, never if it's after.

I also have the A330 and always manually fly it until way above the thrust reduction altitude before engaging AP1. And have never experienced the issue with this aircraft.

Regards

18 minutes ago, garydpoole said:

... I have seen this numerous times on the A320 family if AP (1 or 2) is engaged BEFORE reducing the throttle detent to CLB. However, never if it's after.

Confirm you're talking about the Aerosoft 320 family? I've never seen this on the FSL buses.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

1 hour ago, garydpoole said:

AP (1 or 2) is engaged BEFORE reducing the throttle detent to CLB.

AP1 is engaged AFTER throttling back to CL detent

42 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

I've never seen this on the FSL buse

Me too, with the FSL Airbuses.

Just another random thought (I get them a lot these days).

What is the commanded speed when the nose starts pitching up?

Are you in managed speed? If so, there's a chance that the bug is with that, if it changes to 0 automagically that would cause what you're seeing.

Try a flight only in selected speed...

A screenshot of the panel when it happens would really help.

...and as previously mentioned, thrust levers go to CLB at the thrust reduction alt which defaults to 1500ft above the departure airfield.

21 minutes ago, iwebber said:

What is the commanded speed when the nose starts pitching up?

I wait till I get to around 260-270kts with CL on before I engage the AP1 at around 9000 ft +

Try a flight only in selected speed.

Setting up again umpteenth time, same airline, same airport, so will try your suggestion, and I have re-typed so they show in bold your V speeds suggestion

Are you in managed speed

Yes, showing 320kts

A screenshot of the panel when it happens would really help.

I wish I could but it means signing-up, to yet another image hosting website. Wish Avisim would make it easier to post screenshots

Try a flight only in selected speed...

Okay, thanks, will try anything just to make the flight as in r/l from Kigali to Brussels🤣

EDIT: The SPD dial does not allow me to input any speeds of any kind; the TRK LAT does allow to insert a heading I choose

Edited by vc10man

18 hours ago, vc10man said:

Just re-installed the Aerosoft A330-300. Can someone tell me as to what logic is there when the GSX pushback is completed, when the  Parking Brakes are set and a 'Good Engine Start' is confirmed back to the GSX pushback crew, this somewhat flawed AS product sits there waiting for the After Start checklists to be run. Yeah, I am sure in real-life passengers would be very content as the PF and PM sit there twiddling their thumbs!!

Only when I got hacked off sitting there waiting for all the checks to be done and nothing happening, so taxied to the departure runway without zilch of a sound coming from those AS  checklists, and this is where a bug manifests itself, applied the Parking Brake before take-off, lo and behold the AS pilot wakes up to ask for the After Start Checklist.😡

Is this AS product for real, with a title 'Professional' that a Parking Brake has to be applied twice after a 'Follow GSX Instructions' pushback and engine start for the AS in-built After Start checklist to kick in?

Yup, happened to me numerous times with the A320 series Don't bother asking Aerosoft about this. 

Once again, at 9000 ft engaged CL and THR CLB showed; on manual to 10000ft, engaged AP1, immediately A.FLOOR, then a yo-yo up/down 110 degrees pitch to 20 degrees on the FD.

Despite managing to dial-in a SPD after disconnecting the A/THR, back to A/THR it kicked back in and not allowing a manual SPD set.

Looking at it right now, at 14000ft with a 20 degrees pitch? Come on! Sim abandoned.

2 hours ago, vc10man said:

Tried yet another flight,

Are your frame rates consistently above 18 fps?

EDIT: The SPD dial does not allow me to input any speeds of any kind

Hmmm, does sound like there's something wrong with your install, not being able to select a speed seems like something that, if it really didn't work for everyone, people would be up in arms about.

I wish I could but it means signing-up, to yet another image hosting website. Wish Avisim would make it easier to post screenshots

I hear you brother, these days I rarely sign up to anything if I don't already have an account with them, however, if you have a Microsoft/Hotmail/Outlook account/email address then you already have 5Gb with oneDrive. If you have a gmail account (or an android phone) then you already have 15Gb with Google Drive. If you have an Amazon account then you have 5Gb free with Amazon photos. If you have an apple account (or an iPhone) then you already have 5Gb with iCloud. Most of those will integrate with Windows fairly easily (oneDrive is already quite tightly embedded in a default Win10 install) meaning the whole upload and get shareable link to paste into Avsim can be done from Windows Explorer in a few clicks.

If it's commanding the right speed then it could be the frame rate limitation, for reasons best known to themselves they've used the internal gauge refresh tick to power their flight control system. When the system gets bogged down (i.e. low frame rate) this refresh tick slows down and hence the flight control system isn't updating fast enough to keep control of the aircraft. That could also explain what you're seeing but it sounds like your machine should be able to handle it.