Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Aerosoft A330 Professional 64-Bit Problems Ib CLB

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Are your frame rates consistently above 18 fps?

In my experience of flying the AS A320 & A330 family, they are very susceptible to tiny frame rate dips due to the injection of AI.

Even if the dip lasts < ~ 0.5sec, it seems to cause a kind of 'runaway' effect where the dip causes the FBW simulation problems, which in turn puts extra strain on frame rates, which in turn causes the FBW system even more problems until such a time as the whole thing goes into a kind of self-destruct.

Anyone familiar with semi-conductor electronics will recognise an equivalent situation known as thermal runaway. This can, and often does, lead to component destruction. 

My experiences have lead me to reduce the levels of AI when in the cruise to such a level where the problem no longer exists. If I increase the AI% and monitor their numbers, as soon as there's a large injection of AI, such as entering a busy air space, the fps will dip momentarily and, most (but not all) of the time, the AS buses will not like it one bit...

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

frame rates consistently above 18 fps

Yes, but was not monitoring it all the time all the way

1 hour ago, iwebber said:

not being able to select a speed

Was only able to select a SPD manually if I disconnected the A/THR. If it was engaged, unlike the FSL A3xxx, I could not dial in a speed despite hitting that Mach/Spd button several times.😡

have a Microsoft/Hotmail/Outlook account/email address

Do have an MS account

gmail account

Got that too, but had disabled OneDrive in my latest W10, but will try and follow your tips, and post screenshots

sounds like your machine should be able to handle it.

Despite a suggestion elsewhere, if my present rig can handle the latest FSL/Majestic PRO version and the PMDG range/CS 757/Carenado/A2A without any bother(okay admittedly, I am waiting for my newly-built rig to be put into place, but with extensive house repairs going on currently, it's not worth the hassles as yet) then I am hoping it should manage this aircraft

oneDrive is already quite tightly embedded in a default Win10 install) meaning the whole upload and get shareable link to paste into Avsim can be done from Windows Explorer in a few clicks.

Okay, I have put 2 screenshots in OneDrive but how do I get them here, please? Don't see an URL link to copy/paste here.

Something isn’t right with the automation setup if you can’t right click “pull” to select a speed and go into selected speed mode. 

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

Okay, I have put 2 screenshots in OneDrive but how do I get them here, please? Don't see an URL link to copy/paste here.

1) Go to the folder they're stored in

2) click the three dots to the right of the file name and click "Share"

TD65FQK.png

3) Then you'll get a dialog to share. Set it so that anyone with the link can view.

TgEnkaT.png

4) click "Copy Link"

5) Paste the link here.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

6 hours ago, iwebber said:

Hmmm, does sound like there's something wrong with your install, not being able to select a speed seems like something that, if it really didn't work for everyone, people would be up in arms about.

I hear you brother, these days I rarely sign up to anything if I don't already have an account with them, however, if you have a Microsoft/Hotmail/Outlook account/email address then you already have 5Gb with oneDrive. If you have a gmail account (or an android phone) then you already have 15Gb with Google Drive. If you have an Amazon account then you have 5Gb free with Amazon photos. If you have an apple account (or an iPhone) then you already have 5Gb with iCloud. Most of those will integrate with Windows fairly easily (oneDrive is already quite tightly embedded in a default Win10 install) meaning the whole upload and get shareable link to paste into Avsim can be done from Windows Explorer in a few clicks.

If it's commanding the right speed then it could be the frame rate limitation, for reasons best known to themselves they've used the internal gauge refresh tick to power their flight control system. When the system gets bogged down (i.e. low frame rate) this refresh tick slows down and hence the flight control system isn't updating fast enough to keep control of the aircraft. That could also explain what you're seeing but it sounds like your machine should be able to handle it.

https://ibb.co/TggMmkz

Edited by vc10man

I had wondered in an earlier post if this had something to do with the region, the DR of Congo, as GSX was reporting ice when there was no weather engine on asides from it being a hot country. So, I decided to switch. Instead of Kigali to Brussels, decided to try the reverse route. Same aircraft, same livery, same load factors same fuel. And guess what, look at the screenshot.

Worked as it should. I am utterly gob-smacked

https://ibb.co/2KWTZmD

Why was this happening out of Kigali though? A ludicrous pitch.

https://ibb.co/DWp0sfm

Edited by vc10man
Edited attached screenshot

Very strange, my observation on your screenshots is that in both the "bad" shots there is no pitch mode active while in the "good" there is. I can't tell if that's a symptom or the cause but either way, if there's no pitch mode (which, of course, can't happen in real life) then nothing is controlling the aircraft pitch so it will do whatever. The fact that it keeps doing the same thing suggests there is something "controlling" the pitch, it's just we don't know what it is (and it's not annunciating properly on the FMAs). Once you've figured that out, the Aerosoft guys will probably want to know so they can fix it.

Having ruled out an all encompassing bug in the aircraft (i.e. there still could be a bug but it obviously doesn't happen all the time), you need to figure out the root cause. Unfortunately this will require a lot of testing. Is it a Kigali thing? Africa thing? Time of day thing? Weather thing? Was it to do with the route in the FMGC? Or you could just keep flying and make a note of places (time of day, weather, etc) when it happens again and over time you may see a trend.

cwburnett's instructions were spot on but if you have a oneDrive folder in explorer a right click, share and copy link would work too.

4 hours ago, iwebber said:

Very strange, my observation on your screenshots is that in both the "bad" shots there is no pitch mode active while in the "good" there is. I can't tell if that's a symptom or the cause but either way, if there's no pitch mode (which, of course, can't happen in real life) then nothing is controlling the aircraft pitch so it will do whatever. The fact that it keeps doing the same thing suggests there is something "controlling" the pitch, it's just we don't know what it is (and it's not annunciating properly on the FMAs). Once you've figured that out, the Aerosoft guys will probably want to know so they can fix it.

Having ruled out an all encompassing bug in the aircraft (i.e. there still could be a bug but it obviously doesn't happen all the time), you need to figure out the root cause. Unfortunately this will require a lot of testing. Is it a Kigali thing? Africa thing? Time of day thing? Weather thing? Was it to do with the route in the FMGC? Or you could just keep flying and make a note of places (time of day, weather, etc) when it happens again and over time you may see a trend.

cwburnett's instructions were spot on but if you have a oneDrive folder in explorer a right click, share and copy link would work too.

That's the entirely baffling part to me. Why would the same aircraft, the same livery, the same fuel load, the same pax load, the same cargo load, all work perfectly taking off from JustSim's Brussels(EBBR), where in real life RwandAir flies an A330-300 to from Kigali, yet from a non-default freeware Kigali airport(HRYR) going the opposite way, that pitch problem manifests itself?

I have Orbx's Global openLC Africa that's all, but as I have it for Europe as well, why would Kigali get affected?  Routing flightplan was via SimBrifef and I have never encountered a single issue in an Airbus(FSL) or Majestic, or PMDG aircraft with it. I did log exactly when the THR CLB mode kicks into that A.FLOOR mode and then the pitch acts bananas!

Tried to follow cwburnett's instructions but could not. Does not matter as I found myself an image hoster

This is unlikely to be a scenery issue, there must be something going on that the flight control system doesn't like. Try the flight from Kigali again but don't load anything into the FMGC, just take off using TOGA, climb in CLB and OPEN CLB up to your cruise alt and point north. See if it does it again.

Alpha Floor (AFLOOR) is a thrust mode that's activated when it thinks you're going to stall, I was under the impression that the pitch was acting bananas before AFLOOR kicked in and AFLOOR was a result of the low speed caused by the high nose attitude. Is that not the case?

24 minutes ago, iwebber said:

Alpha Floor (AFLOOR) is a thrust mode that's activated when it thinks you're going to stall, I was under the impression that the pitch was acting bananas before AFLOOR kicked in and AFLOOR was a result of the

Thanks, yes I was aware of that. But why would the Flight Control System flag me to go to THR CLB and then not seconds later when the pitch gores from 10 deg go into A.FLOOR?

26 minutes ago, iwebber said:

just take off using TOGA, climb in CLB and OPEN CLB up to your cruise alt and point north.

Going to give that a go this afternoon. Thanks for all you help.

1 hour ago, vc10man said:

But why would the Flight Control System flag me to go to THR CLB and then not seconds later when the pitch gores from 10 deg go into A.FLOOR?

Telling you to go to THR CLB at thrust reduction alt (1500ft AAL) is normal, going into AFLOOR when the speed is low is normal, the two are unrelated.

If it's going into AFLOOR when the speed isn't low then that's not normal and what we're trying to figure out. The problem may also be that the speed is getting low (either due to insufficient thrust or high pitch) during the climb, triggering AFLOOR, again, that's what we're trying to figure out.

48 minutes ago, iwebber said:

Telling you to go to THR CLB at thrust reduction alt (1500ft AAL) is normal, going into AFLOOR when the speed is low is normal, the two are unrelated.

That I figured, as I was well above 1500ft, and was heading towards 240-260kts when I switched to Cl, then engaged AP1. That's when things started going pear-shaped!

I had even managed to dial in 280kts after switching off the A/THR, but as soon as I got A/THR back, well...............

Having managed a perfect flight EBBR-HRYR, going to have another go the reverse routing.

https://ibb.co/wRNYKHZ