Sign in to follow this  
james37611

Prepar3D V4.5 Track IR Was working, now it's not

Hello all,

Anyone else had this? I tried Track IR a couple of weeks ago with P3D V4.5 and was fine, worked no problems. A couple of weeks later to today I try again, and it doesn't want to know??

I've googled the problem, suggestions are for those who can't get it to work from scratch, install this install that...which I have as it worked before and I still have installed..

I can't install the simconnects as it tells me I already have it as I know I have installed those. I can't install FSUIPC as I already have FSUIPC 6 installed, I have Track IR and P3D set to Run As Admin. I have chaseplane on with Track IR enable on, but turning Chaseplane off makes no difference. I restarted the PC and it still won't work.

Anyone else had TrackIR working and then not working next time round? Is there a solution to this please?

Any help appreciated!

James.

Did you update windows? Check your device manager and make sure the trackIr driver is installed correctly. 

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Did you update windows? Check your device manager and make sure the trackIr driver is installed correctly. 

I have that on auto, IIRC it did update not that long ago when I shut down so that could be it, I'll give that a go tomorrow

Thank you very much!

James.

What worked for me was making sure both P3D and TrackIR were run as admin.

Hook

• Like 1

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Just some comments - don't know if they will be helpful and you probably have covered them already.

1. If you have Chaseplane working and linked to Tir and then turning CP off it will stop Tir working in P3D at least it does on my install.

2. Is Chaseplane updating ok thru ORBX ok?  Where you running experimental or release version of CP suggest release ver.

3. When you open Tir are you checking the game updates in the top right corner, there was an update a couple of weeks ago. There was not much detail to it but it made my instances of TIR work better with 2004.

4. All else fails go to the Chaseplane forum on avsim. Don't know if Kevin Menard still responds since ORBX became involved but Kevin's support was second to none for a long time.

5. The Track Ir support forum is also usually helpful in my experience.

Edited by Uteman
  • Like 1

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

9 hours ago, Uteman said:

3. When you open Tir are you checking the game updates in the top right corner, there was an update a couple of weeks ago. There was not much detail to it but it made my instances of TIR work better with 2004.

Thank you all for the suggestions

I tried this one above and it worked wonders, game update was up so clicked that, restarted Track IR and was fine. Wouldn't have crossed my mind to be honest!

Thank you so much for your help and everyones time with solutions thank you!

James.