Sign in to follow this  
cavaricooper

Flight 1 or Reality XP (GTN and GNS)?

2 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

RXP's support is heads and tails far better than Flight 1's.

I started with Flight 1 and switched to RXP because of support issues.

I've owned many Flight1 products over the years, including the Gtn 750 and never had a "support issue".

Just because you had support issues doesn't mean that Flight1 provides worse support for its products. 

18 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

and never had a "support issue

Very interested in how you achieved that.  I found personalized support there to be as absent as with Carenado.......  Like totally absent.  The product had quality in its age.  But support?  Nada!

Can you document?

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

3 hours ago, DavidP said:

Pretty well the same, but RXP does it much, much better at all levels (F1 was my original product until RXP went to P3D)

Was looking into it today, so basically both RXP and F1 have a product that simulates the same real world device, but implement it slightly differente with different folks liking one or the other better, is that about right?  and it's 750/650 and 540/430?

7 minutes ago, Mgard78 said:

Was looking into it today, so basically both RXP and F1 have a product that simulates the same real world device, but implement it slightly differente with different folks liking one or the other better, is that about right?  and it's 750/650 and 540/430?

Well, yes.

There are other really clever features like the way that you can easily install the RXP into an aircraft VC designed for the F1. Some clever folks here (I'm calling you Bert, Ryan, Bills) have come up with neat routines for soft buttons to work as normal - JL routinely and quickly updates for updated Garmin Trainers, P3D updates. Many options are available to configure the RXP that you would normally do in the Config pages of the real unit.

This doesn't help, but to me it just runs better - there is a current issue with the Garmin Trainer running by itself in Win10 2004 edition where it is a slideshow but this is NOT reflected in the RXP - it runs as smooth as silk.

I use it for real world training and currency.

Edited by DavidP
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

David Porrett

3 hours ago, fppilot said:

Very interested in how you achieved that.  I found personalized support there to be as absent as with Carenado.......  Like totally absent.  The product had quality in its age.  But support?  Nada!

Can you document?

I don't understand your point. I've been buying F1 products for over 15 years and never had an issue that wasn't quickly resolved by Flight1 or the respective developer. In addition, Flight 1 has extensive support forums.

Then, again, I rarely had/have issues with the products themselves.

To me, the choice between the Flight 1 Gtn 750 and the Reality XP seems a matter of preference. I see little evidence that one is better than the other.

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I don't understand your point. I've been buying F1 products for over 15 years and never had an issue that wasn't quickly resolved by Flight1 or the respective developer. In addition, Flight 1 has extensive support forums.

They were completely and utterly useless when I had issues with the GTN, switched to RXP and the issues went away for about 3 months. When they did reoccur after an update had great support from Jean-Luc and issue was fixed.

For what it's worth I got the impression that the F1 support is so completely abysmal in this instance because you are not getting support from the software author...

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Got both! Prefer RXP.

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

Flight 1 has an ace up its sleeve: if you're unhappy with the product, you can return it within 30 days.

Anyone knows how to use real llfe weather in those ?

I have F1 GTN750/650 for now.

Will have to look in another topic for the solution to windows 10 - 2004 update

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

21 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Flight 1 has an ace up its sleeve: if you're unhappy with the product, you can return it within 30 days.

The RXP uses the F1 wrapper and I believe you can do the same. Check mate.

• Like 1

David Porrett

My vote goes for RXP. I don’t have F1, but RXP is marvellous! 😎

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

56 minutes ago, DavidP said:

The RXP uses the F1 wrapper and I believe you can do the same. Check mate.

So RXP is piggybacking on F1's excellent support system. Try again.

I was not hoping for raw emotion, just a clear understanding of the differences betwixt the two. For me, hearing @Bert Pieke had decided on RealityXP was sufficient to solidify my decision. As of yesterday, I am a RealityXP owner. Now, I’m off to integrate that version in a couple of RealAir aircraft.

Ta- C

• Like 3

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Be aware that there are some severe performance issues with the F1 GTN under Windows 10 version 2004. As regards support, the issues were reported in the F1 forum, but so far, there has been no response from the developer(s).

EDIT: Ooops, missed your last post. Good choice under the circumstances 😉

Edited by tymk

+1000 RXP

• Like 1

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |