Sign in to follow this  
niksan29

crazy follow me car

When you request the follow me car, try to open UGCX menu and open the airport chart viewer window to see the path/route that the car has chosen to the destination parking.to see if there is something wrong with the route

Manuel

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

I always call follow me through the UGCX map, I did not notice any problems on the route map🤔

Edited by niksan29

5 minutes ago, niksan29 said:

I always call follow me through the UGCX map, I did not notice any problems on the route map

Can you record a video so I can see what does the follow me car do?

Manuel

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

15 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

Can you record a video so I can see what does the follow me car do?

I just want to clarify, only the green lines indicate the path where the can go follow me car?

only being on the green path will work follow me car ? 

Spoiler

ugcx.jpg

and I recorded a video:

Spoiler

Edited by niksan29

11 hours ago, niksan29 said:

I just want to clarify, only the green lines indicate the path where the can go follow me car?

only being on the green path will work follow me car ?

No, for view the follow me car's path/route, you need to open the airport chart viewer window, but for this do the follow steps:

1. "Request follow me car" from UGCX main menu
  2. Select the destination parking spot.
  3. Select "Show in front of your aircraft"
  4. Open the UGCX main menu, again.
  5. You will see the "Confirm kill switch" menu option and below is an "Aircraft Chart Viewer" menu option
  6. Open the "Aircraft Chart Viewer" menu option, and it should display the follow me car's route in the screen in orange color.
  7. Take a screenshot or video and show it in here, to see what path i created.

To answer directly the question, what the green lines are, they are apron routes, like routes the AI aircrafts or user will follow inside the aprons (tarmac)

Cheers,

Manuel

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

11 hours ago, niksan29 said:

and I recorded a video:

I think the car's crazy movement is directly related to the speed your aircraft is moving, try to monitor your aircraft's speed by pressing CTRL+Z to show in screen the aircraft's info on top of the simulation and check your speed....at lower speeds it shouldnt lose control, but once you increment speed (let's say above 9 kts or more it may vibrate, this is from an observation I saw back in the past). I'll try to replicate again.

Manuel

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

22 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

the follow me car's route in the screen in orange color.

yes, the route draws the correct👌

22 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

but once you increment speed (let's say above 9 kts or more it may vibrate, this is from an observation I saw back in the past). I'll try to replicate again.

hehe I try not to break the speed limit😆 yes, please check it yourself👍

I had the same issue with 2.0 and I do suspects my taxi speed, but as I check with my aircraft's dash, it's just about 22~24kt of Ground speed.

But as I was on some airports with high elevation and also wind, it could be my airspeed (which shown on Shift+Z info) could be higher than 30, but I haven't check that.

If that's the case, please make it related to ground speed, as that what limits our taxi speed...

7 hours ago, byork said:

Are you using the public beta?

No, 2.0 version

I tried the 2.3 beta, and this time I have shift+Z shown. I was in a very windy day with 14kt of wind at sea level

When I taxi against wind, I noticed even when my GS is around 20, but IAS goes above 30, the FMC will immediately frighten out and run away at speed. on 2.3 at least, it'll keep on straight line, but still some nice car stunt when it needed to turn, and when I was turning and speed down, it seems back to normal.

So in 2.3 it's much better when the driver starting to going crazy, but still, I'd like him just stay calm if I was taxing well and GROUND SPEED is under 30kts (maybe buffer to like 33kts or so... for simmers....)

Edited by C2615