Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

can't run 4.5 - still

I know I have put this subject on here before, but I still have the  problem and could with it being fixed. I bought v4 in 2018 and it has been fine.  In April this year, I have bought v5.  It's true to say that I have probably run out of v4 licenses because I've had to format my machine without uninstall the license that the machine is taking up.  That's why I've run out of v4 licenses, and I have made this clear to Prepar3D, and the install on the new PC tells you to and they will fix it.

Because P3Dv5 has been released, and that license allows you to install v4.5 software, I bought v5 Academic licenses for v5.  So, since I have paid for Academic licenses twice (v4 & v5), I expect to see that it's an option for me, and I don't want v5 on there because of the addons (most of them of only on v4).  in essence, I should be able to use P3Dv4.5 on one machine with its own license, and P3Dv5 on another, since I bought 2 sets of licenses! Duh!

So surely  Prepar3d should show that I have licenses for both versions (I know not to install v5 yet).  I'm not getting a reply to fix the is attached, and Prepar3D v4.5 I always get that error. Why?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/p1riikfcZNrZ6Ygz9
https://photos.app.goo.gl/TzPdm4kzqAkGpDdS8

If anyone could help in telling me why LM have not restored my earlier licenses (like they said they would), please tell me!

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

That's something you'll need to take up with LM I think.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, newtie said:

That's something you'll need to take up with LM I think.

I have, several times, but they don't even know their own software legal issues.

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

On 3/31/2020 at 1:06 PM, richardz said:

Hi Gary,

I just replied your topic on AvSim regarding your question about looking around in P3D.

Best regards, Richard Zwinkels

thanks

Edited by Gary McCluskey

Gaz on Facebook

You should be able to just email them and get them to reset the licenses. It's not usually a problem ???

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

I've tried that, and they say it's done, but it simply doesn't work.  I have to keep trying.  all I get is on the screenshots at the top of this  post.

Gaz on Facebook

You can't get your license for V4....I can't run V4 anymore....LOL

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

1 hour ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

.I can't run V4 anymore

why not? if you uninstalled v5, you should be able to install v4, particularly if you paid for v4 earlier.

Gaz on Facebook

I have never been able to. If you look at my opening thread here, you will see the error messages if I try to install 4.5 on a machine that previously had 5 on it,, (then that got uninstalled).

Gaz on Facebook

Gaz - somehow you have screwed up your licenses. I have 4.5 and 5 happily running on the same system. Possibly you tried to uninstall 4.5 instead of 5 without releasing the license, now it's all mixed up.

You pix shows that you have TWO V5 licenses. Did you buy two v5 licenses? There is nothing YOU can do except keep contacting LM to get 4.5 squared away.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

5 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

why not? if you uninstalled v5, you should be able to install v4, particularly if you paid for v4 earlier.

No...I still have both...just for some strange reason V4 became so unusable....Not sure what I've done but have no desire to fix it again....ORBX scenery become mixed badly, and FPS are down to 10-12 FPS....V5 work flawlessly really...hope they will fix pauses while I am at the ground or on landing landing( 500-1000 AGL)....That's the only bad thing for now....and of course waiting for other updates...

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

9 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

I've tried that, and they say it's done, but it simply doesn't work.  I have to keep trying.  all I get is on the screenshots at the top of this  post.

Are you allowing your web browser to automatically insert your activation code (serial number)?  If so that may have been what touched this whole thing off.  I could try typing the code in manually when/if prompted for it. 

If this doesn't apply, please feel free to ignore this.

Best wishes for a fast resolution from this point forward Gary.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

15 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

Are you allowing your web browser to automatically insert your activation code (serial number)?  If so that may have been what touched this whole thing off.  I could try typing the code in manually when/if prompted for it. 

If this doesn't apply, please feel free to ignore this.

Best wishes for a fast resolution from this point forward Gary.

Well, no I  always make sure it has the right password for the key that it has automatically put in.

Yesterday, LM fixed the problem, and on the licenses list, it says 1 for v4.5 and 2 for v5 (only 1 for v4.5 because I have re-installed it).

It is working as expecting now.  I'm worried about using ChasePlane now, I had nothing but problems with it in v5.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Gaz on Facebook