Just now, Uteman said:

No, but you need to move out as much air as comes in, if you have no exhaust fans that is a major issue. Otherwise you are just pressurising (slightly) your case with the intake air that is heated by both the CPU and GPU and then can't escape.

I have 1 air exhaust fan at the back, which sit ideally right next to the output fan on the CPU. Would you suggest maybe disconnecting the 2nd fan I added and seeing any temp drops?

Not sure what kind of case you have, but it might be worth moving to a bigger case and or a newer motherboard that has more onboard headers. It’s ok to use splitters but you also don’t get individual fan control so every fan plugged in to that header will always run at the same speed and sometimes this is not desired.

And as has been stated, the key is exhaust. With no exhaust fans the air is just hanging out inside until It finds a hole to exit on its own vs a steady state of air in/air out.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Worth a try it is a simple test, but I suspect your stock Ryzen cooler is now the major issue.

Depending on your budget any brand name tower cooler with two fans is a major improvement over the stock Ryzen cooler.

Noctua is the standard by which all other air coolers are judged, if you can afford the biggest that will go in (not knowing your case)

look at the NH-D14 and you can't go wrong it will also outlast several systems, you can transfer it to a new PC later as Noctua will provide mounts for free (plus postage).

This is old but very relevant for your situation

https://premiumbuilds.com/cpu-coolers/best-cpu-coolers-for-ryzen-5-3600/

Edited by Uteman
update

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

Hi, if you are using your CPU at stock settings (not really worth overclocking the 3xxx series chips). Then the AMD bios will do its thing boosting your chip up, until it reaches a certain temp. I think this is around 80 degees C, so you should not see it go any higher than 80 if you have more or less stock settings on the CPU. 

Cheers,

Bully.

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

2 hours ago, gronji2004 said:

https://ibb.co/DQSWQMD - There is my case and images of fans I currently have in.

Thanks @Uteman for the recommendation, I'll have a look now!

Call that a cooler?
This is a cooler! 😁

JR6uEkz.jpg

Noctua NH‑D15 SE‑AM4. It's not pretty, but it's excellent.
Highest spike I've ever had when using P3D is 81.5°C. Usually sits at 74-77°C under heavy load (complex airliner, complex scenery, inclement weather, tons of AI).

I know it looks cool inside your case, but perform a test by turning off your RGB in the bios and run a scenario in P3D that you have already recorded CPU temp.
See what your temps do with all RGB turned off. Some RGB has been known to cause higher power draw, increased CPU usage and inevitably, higher temps.

Edit: Seems I cross posted with you.
Good choice. To see if it fits, go to pcpartpicker.com and chose all of your current components and add the NH‑D15 to your part list. Any compatibility issues will be flagged.

Edited by F737NG
Cross post
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 minute ago, F737NG said:

Call that a cooler?
This is a cooler! 😁

JR6uEkz.jpg

Noctua NH‑D15 SE‑AM4. It's not pretty, but it's excellent.
Highest spike I've ever had when using P3D is 81.5°C. Usually sits at 74-77°C under heavy load (complex airliner, complex scenery, inclement weather, tons of AI).

I know it looks cool inside your case, but perform a test by turning off your RGB in the bios and run a scenario in P3D that you have already recorded CPU temp.
See what your temps do with all RGB turned off. Some RGB has been known to cause higher power draw, increased CPU usage and inevitably, higher temps.

Thanks for the info mate 🙂 Thing is with the Ryzen stock cooler, I'm getting the same results as you with your additional cooler. 75-80 under full load? So surely that doesnt warrant purchasing a new cooler?

13 minutes ago, gronji2004 said:

Thanks for the info mate 🙂 Thing is with the Ryzen stock cooler, I'm getting the same results as you with your additional cooler. 75-80 under full load? So surely that doesnt warrant purchasing a new cooler?

Don't forget, that's for my PC and my usage.

My PC isn't in a cool room. Living in a big city means I cannot have windows open (too dusty) and I don't have aircon so it can get quite warm. With a smaller cooler I was running around 84°C with lower settings.

Up to you what you want to do. I don't think any of the temperatures listed in your first post are concerning.

Have a look at Ryzen Zen 2 (3000 series) CPU temps people have discussed in the r/amd subreddit.

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I had issues with Intel CPU temp recently... 70°C - 100°C, stock cooler... bought a Noctua DH15S cooler, applied their thermal paste, never had the temp go over 42°C, idles at around 27°C...  The Noctua is not expensive, and honestly I believe Air Cooling is much better, not to mention safer than Water Cooling...

Even though AMD stuff runs hotter, the Noctua will always provide better cooling than the stock cooler...

Edited by Gadget FPV
  • Like 1

Faisal Niazi

I have ordered the Noctura DH15S cooler, but only single fan! I'll report back tomorow as it arrives in the morning!

17 hours ago, gronji2004 said:

I have ordered the Noctura DH15S cooler, but only single fan! I'll report back tomorow as it arrives in the morning!

I have the same, it is brilliant... especially since I have the rear case fan next to one of the radiators, so it sort of acts as a dual fan-ish...

Faisal Niazi

Right guys so its in! Them clips are hard work to secure the fan haha!

So using the AMD Ryzen stock cooler I was getting around 35-45 fluctuating idle temps. I now get on idle a steady 25 hardly any fluctuations.

P3D wise ... I was hitting 75-80 degrees flying, WOW, I now barely go above the 55-60 mark, absolutely incredible!

I can safely say my mind is now at rest with CPU temps, and thats with just 1 fan!

WOW!

Thanks everyone for their help and advice!

11 minutes ago, gronji2004 said:

Right guys so its in! Them clips are hard work to secure the fan haha!

So using the AMD Ryzen stock cooler I was getting around 35-45 fluctuating idle temps. I now get on idle a steady 25 hardly any fluctuations.

P3D wise ... I was hitting 75-80 degrees flying, WOW, I now barely go above the 55-60 mark, absolutely incredible!

I can safely say my mind is now at rest with CPU temps, and thats with just 1 fan!

WOW!

Thanks everyone for their help and advice!

Glad it worked out. Not that there is any doubt about Noctua coolers as I said in my earlier post. You have made the investment and in a fairly clean home it will outlast several PCs. Just pack up the stock cooler for when you upgrade and sell the current machine.

• Like 1

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

On 6/5/2020 at 4:46 PM, Gadget FPV said:

and honestly I believe Air Cooling is much better, not to mention safer than Water Cooling...

Air coolers may be safer (but leaks are now very rare with quality AIOs), but they're certainly not better. The best value (and also best performing) AIO is currently the Arctic Liquid Freezer II - https://www.kitguru.net/components/cooling/james-dawson/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-all-in-one-cpu-cooler-review/5/

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit