Sign in to follow this  
threexgreen

How to remove an OC preset on ASUS?

I applied a manufacturer preset that overclocked my CPU to 5 GHz some time ago which has since served me well. But P3D v5 apparently doesn't like because it keeps BSOD'ing and the event viewer shows a hardware error reported by the CPU.

I have no idea however how to disable the preset and return to the settings used before. I can only load other presets but I don't see where I can revert. I tried some things like disabling the AI tweaking but it still shows me 5 GHz as target frequency in the Extreme Tweaking menu. Loading defaults (F5) will only reset one single setting but not all that were changed when loading the preset.

Any help is appreciated.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

On the "Exit" page of the BIOS is a setting that is akin to "Load Optimized Defaults".  This will load settings to run the system at stock speeds and voltages.  It is not an overclock preset.

Are there other presets already loaded into the ASUS User Profile section on the "Tool" page that would offer a lower (more stable) overclock?

Greg

I used that setting before by pressing F5 but it still shows me "Target CPU Turbo-Mode Frequency: 5000 MHz" and also 5000 MHz for "Target CPU @ AVX Frequency" on the Extreme Tweaker page.

I just remembered that the turbo frequency of the 9900K is up to ~ 5 GHz by default and the reason I used the preset to 5 GHz is because it wouldn't run at 5 GHz at peak loads with P3D but limit to around 4.7 GHz, thus the preset gave me the extra 300 MHz.

I think I got confused because I didn't realize it goes up to ~ 5 GHz by default and thought the indication of 5000 MHz mentioned above was still the 5 GHz OC preset.

There are several other presets, one with a limit of 4.7/8 GHz and one up to 5.3 GHz but none in the ASUS User Profile section. The lower preset of up to 4.7/8-ish won't give me much since it goes up to ~ 4.7 GHz already with no OC.

It also shows me "Max AVX Stable 4731 MHz". Does P3D (v5) run AVX and is this the reason it won't go higher than 4.7 GHz by itself, thus also making the 5 GHz preset unstable?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Deleted.

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg