Sign in to follow this  
mikebxb

How do you get the ADF freq? ! I still like to use old schoo

How do you get the ADF freq? ! I still like to use old school NDB for grins

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

Check the charts or use an addon like FSTramp which shows most navaids. Many flight planning systems like FSCommander or PFPX show NDB locations and frequencies.  Navgraph charts also show most navaids.  Or you can buy sectional charts from Sporties.  I'm not sure but the digital versions of the FAA charts and planning documents may also show locations and frequencies.

James M Driskell

• Like 1

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

13 minutes ago, jmdriskell said:

Check the charts or use an addon like FSTramp which shows most navaids. Many flight planning systems like FSCommander or PFPX show NDB locations and frequencies.  Navgraph charts also show most navaids.  Or you can buy sectional charts from Sporties.  I'm not sure but the digital versions of the FAA charts and planning documents may also show locations and frequencies.

James M Driskell

Let me clarify.  How do you adjust / tune this ADF in the Alabeo 310? It will let you adjust 100's and 1's but not 10's

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector 

Oh, don't know except to suggest the ten "1s" = "10". 

Jim Driskell

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

thanks. Yes each one (100/1) adjusts and loop 0 thru 9. I've found no way to adjust the middle digit

27 minutes ago, mikebxb said:

thanks. Yes each one (100/1) adjusts and loop 0 thru 9. I've found no way to adjust the middle digit

In most of these planes, you can change the ADF knob function by right clicking on it, or its parts.  Tooltips may give you more information..

• Like 1

Bert

Thanks Bert You always come to the rescue. However this time I've tried nine ways to Sunday -rt clk, left clk, mouse wheel, mouse clk  nothing I've tried yet will adjust it to say "212". The first 2 yes, the third 2 yes, the middle digit is stuck on "9"..

54 minutes ago, mikebxb said:

Thanks Bert You always come to the rescue. However this time I've tried nine ways to Sunday -rt clk, left clk, mouse wheel, mouse clk  nothing I've tried yet will adjust it to say "212". The first 2 yes, the third 2 yes, the middle digit is stuck on "9"..

Don't have the actual plane, so I am stuck as well.. 😉

• Like 1

Bert

Know completely that it is not the response you are looking for, but the MIlviz 310R is one of my primary GA aircraft and does not lack that ability.  I do not have the Alabeo 310.  Not making a brand statement here.  Just wishing I could help.  Have you asked Alabeo about this?

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

not yet.  Thanks for the input. I also have the Milviz. Just find myself flying the Alanado more. 

12 hours ago, mikebxb said:

Just find myself flying the Alanado more.

I also fly the Alabeo 310R a great deal. Very good simulation.

More to the point; Outer knob scroll to tune 100's, left click outer knob to swap to ten's and then scroll to tune. Inner knob scroll to tune 1's, left click inner knob to swap to tenths and then scroll to tune.

Working that way in P3Dv5 and pretty sure that is the way it was working in P3Dv4. It's just a little particular that you get right on the click spots to swap.

Hope that helps..

Jesse

• Like 2

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

7 hours ago, JesC said:

I also fly the Alabeo 310R a great deal. Very good simulation.

More to the point; Outer knob scroll to tune 100's, left click outer knob to swap to ten's and then scroll to tune. Inner knob scroll to tune 1's, left click inner knob to swap to tenths and then scroll to tune.

Working that way in P3Dv5 and pretty sure that is the way it was working in P3Dv4. It's just a little particular that you get right on the click spots to swap.

Hope that helps..

Jesse

Holy word not allowed!  Thanks who wudda thunk it!