Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

CHINA BUYS 150 AIRBUS A320 FROM FRANCE

Guest beana51

BOEING gets some of the business also,about 60% with Airbus about 1/3.However they ,Airbus got more than twice the sales last month. The report goes on to say the relations between France and China reflect that are ardent partners.France has constantly choose to end the embargo ,China had endured after the Tianamen square crack down on the students by China's military.Hundreds were killed then.Frances exports grew 17% to China last year.But thats politics. It shows to me China is growing.Its peoples needs are escalating,and they are rivaling us for energy supplies. These aircraft the A320, A318,and the A321s go to: AIR CHINA -- SICHUAN AIRLINES CHINA SOUTHERN AIR LINES --- SHENZHEN AIR LINES CHINA EASTERN AIRLINES -- HAINAN AIRLINES Kinnda like a menu, pick from one from column"A" and two from column"B" Fortune cookie free. VIN :-samurai PS Would like to see those Paint jobs

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Betcha ya will, and you won't have to go far.Nice to be on the same "page" with you.Best regards, Donny:-wave

Didn't know Airbus made 75 versions of the A320 series...Chinese policy: buy two, use one for testing and disassemble the other to copy it part by part.

Guest beana51

Yes, of course,they may do it to the pilots also,like some super,"cookie cutter",training program. They clone one good pilot into countless others. But do not take things Chinese lightly.They will be the next super power,in all areas.Peacefully ,I hope. Gotta explore China on the Sim.Been negligent.They have to have some exciting airports,in some ,to us that is,,exotic places.Meanwhile our Chinese American friends have contributed a lot to this country.My Italian ancestors benefited much by Marco Polo's visit there,when he brought back noodles.Then, Columbus brought back with him tomatoes, from the new world.And thats how they grow people there who grow up to be Leonardo Da Vinci types,PASTA!!, wonder where it went wrong with me?. Regards! VIN, Here in the bone yard in the hot sun, cracking up!! :-sun1

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Can't even remember the airports I used, but I recomend a "Hump Xing" for ya to kick it off!!!We can deliver baby bottles as well as bombs.Merry Christmas:-walksmile

Guest beana51

Hi Donny, can you tell me where the great wall is? Or where it should be? I know it goes on for many miles. While I'm thinking of it the other wall,In Scotland,Hadrian's wall. These have to be the greatest VFR landmarks.You can follow them like railroad tracks. Any scenery enhancements you know of Re: these marvels? Regards to you! VIN

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Sorry, no idea on the Great Wall. But if you remember it was a barrier against the Mongols...The Barrier Reef you should see on a direct route from New Zealand to Austrailia/ vice versa. The biggest living organism, the only one visible from space.Best Regards, Donny:-bigangel

"However they ,Airbus got more than twice the sales last month"Huh? Officially, I see 186 for Boeing (not counting Air Canada reinstating their previous order), and 154 for Airbus. BTW - Boeing still leads 950 to 733 for the year. ;)

BobK

Guest beana51

Hi Bob,you may be correct.I got that info from the Comcast news thing.In any event,and in any numbers,they are quit impressive.Of course China is a vast place.I don't know of their infrastructure tho,I got to assume its first rate and new.Wonder what air traffic control sounds like there.Wonder also is the English language universal.?Also wonder if a General Aviation community exists? Do ya think they Sim like us? I wonder? THANX VIN :-hmmm

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!The Yanghtzee dam is our Hoover on serious Steroids. Most of their population is near that river- as shown by sattelite photos showing lights at night, the rest don't have much... They are classified as a "developing country" under Kyoto for a reason.Merry Christmas and a survivable New Year:-beerchug

general aviation is non-existent in the PRC, at least in the way it's known in the free world.There are government operated flying clubs but those are really pre-selection centers for airforce pilot (and I guess airlines, which are all state operated) training and operated as such.As in all communist countries people are supposed to stay where they're put and travel is severely restricted. Allowing people to learn to fly an aircraft without government control and background checks would be far too risky, it might give people ideas.Computer flight simming might exist in very limited circles. Computers are pretty much limited of course, internet access even more so.In the USSR maps were prohibited, I've no reason to believe it's not that way in the PRC. And FS has maps built in...

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!Bill Gates has been quoted the best place for a poor genius to be born was the US then, but the next genius has a beter shot in China.Merry Christmas and a Survivable New Year:-beerchug

Guest beana51

I would think so too! Do not like to get political,BUT,the lack of freedoms is so apparent there.Can you imagine a forum such as this in places like that? I think the internet concept is well monitored. Still I feel they are a huge presence in the world.Their actions will effect all.Not only in the number of their people, but of course their hunger for the basics of life. Reminds me of Roman history,were you to be around in the "PAX ROMANA" era of their history,you could never envision any force in the world that could shake it."Strength and Honor" were the watchwords.But,we know different.The barbarians,the Roman name for those who want what you got,in time ,got it all. History does repeat itself.Those who don't know their history are unaware of these things that could happen. It could have been different.What if the Roman Empire accepted these hungry people.They used to,make citizens of them,collect there taxes,and provide security. However, there cannot be an an assimilation of to-days cultures.Only a co-existence. I hope this can be so. The good thing about the growing Air travel in China,is it will get the idea of life outside the village, is a good thing.There are people in China who yearn for freedom.As proven by a "TIANAMEN SQUARE " type of expression. It may be more prevalent than we could ever know. Meanwhile, lets get their cash,sell them more stuff,open their doors for more trade,as they have successfully opened our doors. Regards! VIN PS: this is not a political comment,no flame or blame necessary,just my opinion about air travel,and aircraft purchase, in China,which may be entirely wrong,as most guesses about China are.

I thought this headline was worth noting today if only due to my recollection of this thread a few days back. I was going to comment on Vin's post then and mention that I am sure China has changed--become more open, with no chance of Tiananmen square ever being repeated in today's wired world. I am glad I didn't as I suppose I would have had egg on my face. I suspect however that this Airbus sale will still go through. Any bets it won't? http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/12/0...t.ap/index.html

Guest beana51

Welcome to the "Egg-in-face Club," with a little bacon on the side. I can eat it all day and have many times. I suppose it's an internal affair. May even be normal for them. I hope some day the great Chinese people take over their destiny. When I think of the Japanese during the second World War, nothing then would have indicated that they could change. However it took two A-Bombs and many thousands of American people dead. Not to mention the administrative genies of Gen. Douglas MacArthur.Same in Europe also. The "MARSHALL PLAN" accelerated that process there. A war torn Europe and all because no one shot that maniac in 1935. The English, Lord Chamberlain, said "Don't worry, he is a nice guy." Funny these Chamberlain types still persist. Today, the great Japanese people are free and all their talents are now channeled to civilized endeavors. Same for the great German people. Only the great Italian people had the guts to string up that other Loon, Mussolini. Evil empire, is not an idle description. Pres. Reagan applied that phrase to the SOVIETS. They have expired also and are better off for it. Another great people, they are on the right track. Most of us would not like it in those countries before the changes. Think about it, who would you have traded places with? Unfortunately there are a lot of evil empires out there yet. Just open your eyes, take off the pink shades, save your milk of human kindness and decency for free people and use the good minds you have. Nothing to do with politics or ideology, it's just whats Right and what's Wrong. Freedom or state controlled slavery, this stuff is for real. No simulation, no instant replay, no messing with their master CFG. file to change or modify. All the logic and debate about it ain't gonna change nothing. Nothing. It may be cute for the very young and the misguided, parading in the streets, burning our flag and supporting these regimes and then when finished go home to the safety of their Momma. Of course you will not get machined gunned down like dogs. Not in America! It could happen anywhere! Tryanny that is; and only if you let it.Now thats a good idea. Reprogram them! Sorry for the WINDY Baa,! Baa!, you can agree or disagree. Now ain't that just grand? VINP.S. You think they won't? The French love that regime,and will excuse anything they do for money of course! Let's be fair. Boeing also!