Sign in to follow this  
rooster hancock 2003

I can't go anywhere! Help please.

Hi All. 

So by default my start up airport is KSEA in P3D V5 hf1. No matter what I try, I cannot go to any other airport in the world, not by "go to airport" or by making a flight plan. When I try to do this the loading always locks up at 77%. I have left it for up to 45 minutes to load, but it stays stuck. For this reason I can't go anywhere other than departing from KSEA or circuits. Any thoughts and help would be much appreciated.

Thanks and best regards.

Malcolm Hancock

Malcolm Hancock

KSEA area has always been special. Try another "starting point" and try from there. If this doesn't work either, than you have a problem. I also get this lock at xy% sometimes when I'm in dense area and want to change several settings via the p3s menu.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

42 minutes ago, rooster hancock 2003 said:

When I try to do this the loading always locks up at 77%.

Do you have AIG AI Flightplans installed? Did you check, if they are all up to date? Did you try once disabling them? I read in the AIG Forums several times from people using a bugged flightplan resulting in stuck loading at 77%...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Thanks for your replies gentlemen.

Harry, I have my default setup as my opening screen so am unable to try another start point I'm afraid.

Chris, I do have AIG installed so I did what you suggested and closed it down and rebooted P3d without it. Still no joy though, it's still sticking at 77%.

Thanks again Gent's any more thoughts?

Malcolm

Malcolm Hancock

Malcolm,

Move Prepar3d.cfg to another location temporarily. Then start P3D and a new one will be built. See if that solves the problem.

You'll find it here. Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v4 - Prepar3D.cfg

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray, thanks for your input and congat's on your position as a Mod, however I had in fact already tried that yesterday. No joy I'm afraid.

Regards from Surrey to Cheshire!

Malcolm

Malcolm Hancock

Thanks Malcolm. It sounds like AIG aircraft might be the cause. You need to disable that entry in scenery.cfg.

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v5 - Scenery.cfg file

Find the AIG entry and change Active=True to Active=False.

That will stop the AIG loading. See if that helps.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So this is a little weird Ray. I have AIG downloaded and it runs of coarse, however, I have no entry for it in the scenery cfg!

Any further thoughts?

Malcolm

Edited by rooster hancock 2003

Malcolm Hancock

Hi Malcolm,

That means it's an addon. Assuming it works 100% okay in v5 (I still use v4) do this...

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v5

Open add-ons.cfg and locate the AIG entry.

Change Active=True to Active=False.

Save and start P3D. You can do the same by ensuring the Scenario window is displayed and from the Add-ons option deselect the AIG entry.

If that solves the problem you have an incompatible airline BGL. We'll take it from there if this solves the startup problem.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ray, following your instructions above, that did it! I can now move around the world. Problem is of coarse, I have no AI populating the airports anymore. What do you think is the best way forward? The problem clearly lies within AIG, however, I'm reluctant to delete and re-download all those files. The last time it took me a hole day non stop, and that was before lockdown and no where near as many folks on line! I just don't know where to begin to look to solve the problem within my current file.

Thanks for sticking with me Ray.

Malcolm Hancock

When did you last run the AIG Updater? Or do you install manually? Check the AIG Forums for this loading issue, there are several flightplans/models mentioned resulting in this issue.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hi Malcolm,

Thought that was the problem. The easiest way to locate the bad BGL is to perform a binary chop.

1. First, enable that addon again by changing False to True.

2. Next, create a temporary folder on your C drive. Name it tempAIG.

3. Locate the AIG scenery folder containing all the BGLs. Move (not copy) half of them to that temporary folder.

4. Start P3D. If you get a successful load you know those BGLs are okay. Exit P3D. Goto 6.

5. If P3D didn't load okay then there is a bad BGL there. Create a folder and name it badAIG. Move those BGLs to that folder. Goto 7.

6. Create another folder on your C and name it goodAIG. Move the BGLs in the AIG scenery folder to goodAIG.

7. Move half of the remaining BGLs in tempAIG into AIG\scenery. Start P3D. If it's okay move those BGLs into goodAIG.

What we are trying to do is identify the bad BGLs. There may be one or more. The principle on how to do it is above. Whether you choose to move half or fewer is down to you depending on how many airlines you've installed.

So in short, test a batch of BGLs. If P3D loads move them to goodAIG. If P3D doesn't load move them to badAIG. It could take multiple iterations to find the bad file(s). When you're finished move all BGLs in goodAIG back into AIG\scenery.

Hope that helps, good luck.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Chris I do check for updates pretty much every time I open AIG.

Well you've set me quite a job there Ray! I will give it a go and report back.

Thanks to all for your support.

Malcolm Hancock

Well I've gone and done it guy's. While following Ray's clear instructions above, I accidently deleted all things AIG! What a bloody dopey thing to do. So now I have no choice but to start downloading/installing all over again. Well that's tomorrow gone.

Thanks for all the support guy's especially you Ray, you tried your best for me.

Best regards.

Malcolm Hancock

Malcolm, I don’t know how you managed that but have you checked the Recycle Bin? With any luck they’ll all be in there. Just select them all and choose Restore.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather