Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

ORBX Vector released for v5

1 hour ago, gaab said:

It's because the airport altitude is now defined by the LAST airport definition (since V4.5 HF2). So there is (at last) no more altSubs needed (old FS strange choice !) I suppose this modification was necessary for sloped runway... One may add that ICAO changes are still not addressed... 😉 Gérard

I don't think that the change of source for airport elevations was connected to the ability to make sloped runways and in fact, sloped runways still have to be made in the same way as before, with a model. The only difference so far, is that AI aircraft can use such a model, which they could not do before P3D v5, except with the third party addon. I understand that many developers have asked for the ability to "drape" an airport over the terrain, as in X Plane 11, but so far, this is not possible. I am surprised to read that ICAO codes are not up to date and this is not my experience with P3D v5. It is for that very reason that Vector's AEC function is not included in this release. Or do you mean in other Orbx products perhaps?

Good move. I have been flying in the Canadian Arctic for the last week and the default P3DV5 vector data above 70 degrees north is a disaster.  Land where there should be ocean and sunken and elevated lakes. I have been copying over the affected areas over from my FSX ORBX Vector install and redoing the airport backgrounds as needed with ADE. The North American road data is better In the default data but if the issues are fixed with ORBX vector I will happy.

Edit:

Downloaded it and works ok, but does take a lot longer to load. The main hold up is the "Adjusting Scenery Objects". It's not locked up, just takes time.

Edited by johncott

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

It would be better to draw beautiful water.

Edited by BMW969

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Another example of the mess that V5 is, this wasn't meant to be needed in v5, I'm installing it to try it out as I had some issues with v5 that hopefully Vector will fix, although Vector might create other new issues, I'll just have to try it and see how it goes.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

Much better with Vector. Thank you Orbx.

Went from this...

KGEZ
exmpZvI.jpg

...to this
9VETe9a.jpg

• Like 3

what about performance?  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I installed Vector and it totally screwed up my home airport...KABE.  There were houses and trees all over runways and elevations that don't exist.

Why is this happening?  Is there a config setting that I must make, or is it just an INSTALL plug and play?

Anyone else experiencing Vector problems like this?

Stan

26 minutes ago, spilok said:

Anyone else experiencing Vector problems like this?

My KABE looks ok.

mk9pUAl.jpg
wybemOe.jpg

I just installed it and have yet to notice much difference. So far I expect that the main roads in Colombia are less gleaming white (I dont there really are white roads even in Colombia).

Maybe you have to just ensure the insertion points are all correct in Orbx Central?

Ray

I really hope that Vector for V5 does not add any airports via BGL-files, but only updates streets, shorelines e.g.

Anyone can confirm that the Vector data does not include airport BGLs at all?

Thanks!

Marc

Marc Weber

12 minutes ago, Mischung said:

I really hope that Vector for V5 does not add any airports via BGL-files, but only updates streets, shorelines e.g.

Anyone can confirm that the Vector data does not include airport BGLs at all?

Thanks!

Marc

I don't see any in the folders. So far  I've jumped around to a few of my favorite airports and all looks fine.

Lee

• Like 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

49 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

My KABE looks ok.

mk9pUAl.jpg
wybemOe.jpg

Land there

3 hours ago, Reader said:

I don't think that the change of source for airport elevations was connected to the ability to make sloped runways and in fact, sloped runways still have to be made in the same way as before, with a model

May be you should take a look to the new way to create sloped runways  (see discussions on FsDevelopper)

The model approach still works, of course.

Gérard

18 minutes ago, spilok said:

Land there

Landed and taxiied around. The airport looked fine, nothing out of place or odd at all.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

11 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Landed and taxiied around. The airport looked fine, nothing out of place or odd at all.

I FOUND MY PROBLEM.  I instead installed Vector in the SIM....not in a separate Library.  Not only does KABE look great, but all the problems I complained about on this forum regarding airports with grass interspaced on the runways have been corrected.  I went to KEWR which was a problem for me.  I went to Detroit, KDTW and it was perfect.

WHY does it work well when installed in the sim vs a separate Library, I don't know, but it does.  

Thanks for bearing with my complaining, and you helped me question my installation.
Stan

Edited by spilok