Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

ORBX Vector released for v5

2 hours ago, spilok said:

WHY does it work well when installed in the sim vs a separate Library, I don't know, but it does.  

Not sure, but installing into the libary could introduce a different layering. If you install into scenery.cfg layering is quite clear (and similar to 4.x), but I still have to understand the sense behind the strange ORBX layering in the library (if there is any). Thus, it could be that not installing into the libarary as such is faulty but just the way it's ordered on your (and maybe other) systems.

Just a conjecture.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Assuming the ORBX Library insertion points are set correctly, it shouldn't matter if it's installed to the Sim folder or Library folder outside. Central will put it where it needs to go. If it doesn't then your insertion points are wrong.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I am disappointed. Examples of missing major rivers in the first two locations I chose: Lhasa and parts of the Great Fish River in the Eastern Cape SA. The default vector is better at rivers in both these localities. So now to decide: choose between coasts and roads, or rivers?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, johncott said:

Good move. I have been flying in the Canadian Arctic for the last week and the default P3DV5 vector data above 70 degrees north is a disaster.  Land where there should be ocean and sunken and elevated lakes. I have been copying over the affected areas over from my FSX ORBX Vector install and redoing the airport backgrounds as needed with ADE. The North American road data is better In the default data but if the issues are fixed with ORBX vector I will happy.

Edit:

Downloaded it and works ok, but does take a lot longer to load. The main hold up is the "Adjusting Scenery Objects". It's not locked up, just takes time.

yes i logged a couple of tickets for the same thing, as I do alot of long haul over that area.  Vector has fixed the issue i was having up there.  just doing a flight now with it, doesnt seem to effect proformance

14ppkc-6.png

Did anyone could notice a (bad?) impact on VRAM-usage? 

I've noticed a few (good) things with Vectors.

1. Lag at RJTT (Haneda), around Tokyo and Bergen gone... 🤩

2. Almost (to give the benefit of the doubt) every hydro issue gone... Hello again Yellowknife... 😆

3. With v5 Chinese airports "fit" with roads. No shifted runways over roads as in v4... nothing to do with Vectors but with updated airports positions in v5... 😀

4. Increased use of Vram and Mem... My Vram use went up ~1Gb and 1Gb~2Gb of ram... I'm using all sliders to max except autogen vegetation and buildings at very dense and texture resolution at 30cm 🤨

5. A bit more detail in roads in areas like Asia vs v5 default.

Now... to the pictures...

ZSPD no Vectors...

ReE3yB.jpg

ZSPD with Vectors... note the increase vram and memory use...

r3t1Id.jpg

Over New York... look again the mem use... I only have all Orbx global products (no regions) and my custom AI traffic...

ZQOJRG.jpg

Near Iguazu falls no Vectors...

Rao4s8.jpg

With Vectors....

CO57po.jpg

Yellowknife no Vectors...

skBmIb.jpg

Yellowknife with Vectors...

clu4Za.jpg

Bottom line... I'm sold... My verdict: v5 needs Vectors...

Nestor

• Like 3

Intel i9 13900KS - MSI MEG Z790 ACE Gaming - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - Corsair 32GB DDR5 7200MHz Dominator Platinum RGB - Samsung 1TB + 3x 2TB 980 Pro M.2 SSD Raid 0 - LG 4K 55" OLED C1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 T2 PSU - Virpil Constellation Alpha L & R Grips + MongoosT-50CM2 Grip + MongoosT-50CM2 Base + MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle + Control Panel #2 + Ace Collection Pedals - Honeycomb Alpha XPC + Bravo - Stream Deck XL + PLUS - Corsair K100 OPX RGB Platinum + Nightsword RGB + MM800 RGB Polaris + 7000D Airflow Black Case - Tobii Eye Tracker 5 using OpenTrack - Wharfedale Evo 4.2 Speakers - SVS SB-2000 Pro Subwoofer - Bluesound POWERNODE - Herman Miller Embody Chair Black - ButtKicker Gamer PRO

Seems like more roads have AI traffic flowing on them, unless it just me? Without vector many mains roads had no traffic.

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

3 hours ago, redshift27 said:

I am disappointed. Examples of missing major rivers in the first two locations I chose: Lhasa and parts of the Great Fish River in the Eastern Cape SA. The default vector is better at rivers in both these localities. So now to decide: choose between coasts and roads, or rivers?

With a little work and knowledge, we should be able to take the best vector data from the default scenery or ORBX and use it. This would require renaming and moving files. A good knowledge of the scenery file structure and how to use tmfviewer from the sdk would also be required.

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

5 hours ago, djbully said:

Seems like more roads have AI traffic flowing on them, unless it just me? Without vector many mains roads had no traffic.

You can turn the traffic off in the Vector config. Highway, primary and secondary road traffic is active in the default setup and will apply the P3D traffic % settings to each category, as I understand it.

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

I had so many issues with Vector, including performance problems, that I won't install this tool ever again on my simulators. Looking forward to a future where these kind of utilities are a thing of the past...

Edited by GCBraun
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

16 hours ago, eaim said:

Another example of the mess that V5 is, this wasn't meant to be needed in v5, I'm installing it to try it out as I had some issues with v5 that hopefully Vector will fix, although Vector might create other new issues, I'll just have to try it and see how it goes.

V5 isn’t “a mess”, that’s way overstating the case. There may be isolated areas where vector data has anomalies. For most simmers, default vector data will be fine. If not, well, now we have a second option.

• Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

I had so many issues with Vector, including performance problems, that I won't install this tool ever again on my simulators. Looking forward to a future where these kind of utilities are a thing of the past...

Well this utility is now a thing of the past, more or less. There’s no strong need for vector, which is why I - like a bunch of other posters here - aren’t going to use it.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

I had so many issues with Vector, including performance problems, that I won't install this tool ever again on my simulators.

It's unfortunate then, that the Vector data that you had so much trouble with is now an integral part of the flight simulator. How will you remove it now?