Sign in to follow this  
Paul Deluca

X-plane 1150-B10

Anyone see it on Steam yet? No update for me!

edit:

ok looks like a new steam feature? for beta's for X-Plane.  You have to select unstable beta to get it.

Edited by ronh99

Before the updates are on Steam,  Laminar Research want to make sure that there are no major crashes.  So should be in this weekend if everything is good.

oh did not see the unstable beta.

Edited by michelh

Gave B10 my usual flight test and I have to give it an F.

Textures are still not as sharp as 11.41, cloud shadows are missing and the vc shadows still need the user tweaks, shaders still make the sim look washed out and blurry, it still taking too long to load the sim, and the one thing that I was looking forward to (10 more fps) is minimal at best. Maybe 2 fps more that my stable 11.41. I also experienced stutters while panning. Not good at all!

This really sucks because I was hoping that I did NOT have to upgrade my MB, CPU, and RAM. After 10 XP Vulkan betas this is now becoming a reality.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

Textures are still not as sharp as 11.41, cloud shadows are missing and the vc shadows still need the user tweaks, shaders still make the sim look washed out and blurry, it still taking too long to load the sim, and the one thing that I was looking forward to (10 more fps) is minimal at best. Maybe 2 fps more that my stable 11.41. I also experienced stutters while panning. Not good at all!

This really sucks because I was hoping that I did NOT have to upgrade my MB, CPU, and RAM. After 10 XP Vulkan betas this is now becoming a reality.

That is why it is call a beta.

2 hours ago, michelh said:

So in your opinion all issues I brought up will be resolved when it goes final? Dream on.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

So in your opinion all issues I brought up will be resolved when it goes final? Dream on.

Well in my opinion if I do no like something I just move on. Maybe P3D would suit your needs.

5 hours ago, michelh said:

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

Don't rush to spend - a friend has all the latest gear G/C PU, MB etc and is encountering problems similar to yours. 

2 hours ago, michelh said:

Well in my opinion if I do no like something I just move on. Maybe P3D would suit your needs.

I have a fully loaded P3D v4.5 and I'm very happy, but I'm also very happy with my fully loaded XP 11.41. I just wish I could have 10 more fps in XP 11.

I also wish LR would just fix the issues that have been around for  along time. 10 betas. IMO they are tone deaf.

How many times do users have to request for them to fix the shadows?

1 hour ago, olderndirt said:

Don't rush to spend - a friend has all the latest gear G/C PU, MB etc and is encountering problems similar to yours. 

Thanks!

I've tried 11.50b10. Don't bother, my Vram is out of control (I have 8 GB and I'm running out with Orbx TE running) Beta 9 was much better. IMO this Beta should have been pulled, loads of people are having problems with vram and CTD's.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

43 minutes ago, eaim said:

I've tried 11.50b10. Don't bother, my Vram is out of control (I have 8 GB and I'm running out with Orbx TE running) Beta 9 was much better. IMO this Beta should have been pulled, loads of people are having problems with vram and CTD's.

Laminar have I think 12 machines, that doesnt cover all the variations in hardware software drivers out there, the only way to test is once reasonably stable put it into the wild, or we will never see this finished.

So far except for a couple of crashes on start being working fine

47 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Laminar have I think 12 machines, that doesnt cover all the variations in hardware software drivers out there, the only way to test is once reasonably stable put it into the wild, or we will never see this finished.

So far except for a couple of crashes on start being working fine

I've got it working again by deleting the shadercache, hopefully that was what was causing me my problems. I still sometimes have floating mountains though.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

22 hours ago, DJJose said:

shaders still make the sim look washed out and blurry

This is my biggest issue with the vulkan update, that it keeps me on 11.41.. I don't like the washed out, blurry look of the default sim, and without xVision I find it hard to use. Extra FPS is of course nice, but not at the cost of what it currently is. I hope someone manages to create a similar addon for 11.50 once it's out.

30 minutes ago, tonywob said:

This is my biggest issue with the vulkan update, that it keeps me on 11.41.. I don't like the washed out, blurry look of the default sim, and without xVision I find it hard to use. Extra FPS is of course nice, but not at the cost of what it currently is. I hope someone manages to create a similar addon for 11.50 once it's out.

Without FPS > 45 in VR I find it impossible to use, let alone enjoy....

Scraps of 11.50 meet this criteria, prior to this it only had potential.

____

But on the topic of "washed out colours" and other such tweeks.

Pretty sure that is just papering over other problems in your setup, most of these actually seem to stem from the windows (and particularily windows + NVIDIA) colour profile being broken out of the box (unlike macOS which its designed on).

Try changed your monitor settings from Scenery Mode to sRGB mode - or equivalent.

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

3 hours ago, tonywob said:

Even without X-Vision, there a few lua scrips & reshade presets that make 11.41 look beautiful. X-Vision takes it to another level.

Tony, how difficult is it for LR to model/copy the shaders of a preset such as "vivid" or "impressive" and make it a part of XP 11.50? Why can they do this for us?

So many users are complaining about a washed out sim and the LR dev team has simply ignored their customers.

• Upvote 1