Sign in to follow this  
Dirty Duck

new Garmin trainer 2.7.1.0 - patiently waiting RXP update!

Hi - I purchased the GTN750 today and I've tried in a number of different planes (default planes with X Plane 11) and it only gives a black screen. I've tried all the different power options within settings and this still does not power on the unit it would seem.

I've read the manual for installation and everything is installed as it should be. I downloaded and installed the garmin files after the install as per the instruction.

This is the rxpGTN.xpl file

20/06/05 11:19:22.755 18396 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.5.25.0
20/06/05 11:19:22.755 18396 INFO ]  

This the rxpGtnSim.dll file

20/06/05 11:19:24.358 18396 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.5.25.0
20/06/05 11:19:24.357 18396 INFO ] 
20/06/05 11:20:53.441 18396 ERROR] trainer not found or not supported
20/06/05 11:20:53.445 18396 INFO ] installed:
20/06/05 11:20:53.445 18396 INFO ] 6623 nav: C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\
20/06/05 11:20:53.446 18396 INFO ] 6620 nav: C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\
20/06/05 11:21:24.608 18396 ERROR] trainer not found or not supported
20/06/05 11:21:24.611 18396 INFO ] installed:
20/06/05 11:21:24.612 18396 INFO ] 6623 nav: C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\
20/06/05 11:21:24.612 18396 INFO ] 6620 nav: C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\

This shows an error and I'm not sure as to why.

Is this why it's not working due to the trainers?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

1 hour ago, Dirty Duck said:

I downloaded and installed the garmin files after the install as per the instruction.

1 hour ago, Dirty Duck said:

20/06/05 11:20:53.441 18396 ERROR] trainer not found or not supported

Hi,

Like with every new Garmin trainer release, because we don't have second sight and foresee what changes might come up, you'll have to wait for a RXP GTN update. Hopefully it doesn't take too long each time.

In the meantime, you can still install v2.7.0.0 Garmin trainers if they are still available:

PS: I've changed the post title so that it helps other customers wondering.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello all,

Been leafing through the existing posts regarding problems with the GTN 750/650 install.  I am currently encountering the same problem some have reported with the blank, dead popup window.  My question specifically is, I suspect I dont have some files installed in the proper location, IE, I see on my C: Drive the RealityXP folder, but when I  go into my Program files (x86), I see yet another folder named RealityXP with a folder structure that looks like this......RealityXP/GTN simulation/X-plane/and then a list of 32, 64, bin, Reality Xp GTN users manual, RXPGTN.rxp file.........Should these folders have been installed in the X-plane root folder upon installation (sorry, question mark not working on my keyboard....)Thing is, I selected my D:/X-Plane directory, but part of the installation was directed to my C: Drive.......Any help in this issue would be greatly appreciated!!

Tony P

Is there an ETA on the next update? Just noticed the same black screen issue. Worked fine yesterday, no longer have the older version.

Purchased the GTN 750 last night. I have read through the forums to find an answer as to why the product won't start up. It is a black screen and I haven't been able to fix it. I've read the threads but I really need something easier to understand. I'm not the most technical person and the solutions I've read I don't really understand. I was hoping the 750 would just work out of the box. I didn't think I would have to jump thru hoops to get it to work. Is there a simpler step-by-step guide available? I feel like I have some files in the wrong folders. But I don't see any literature on how to confirm this. Am I missing a document? I want to get the 750 into my Carenado C210 3D but I can't even get the 2D version to start up.

Thanks in advance.

-S

Rockstars!  Loaded up the FSW FA50 and it seems to be working fine - don't have time for a long test, but thanks for your rapid support!

Edited by Gridley
love
  • Like 2

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

Ok, I see above but don't see a solution. Am I missing it? There is nothing in the manual showing what the folders should look like with the correct files in their proper location. I'm not a super technical person so i'm just trying to get the unit to simply turn on. I pull up the settings and for the power source always on is checked. 

**Edit - just going thru a thread now specifically on this problem. We are constantly directed to review the manual but I feel like I need to understand coding to get it. I'll figure it out at some point probably. 

Edited by smaze17

Installed the old trainer Ver. 6.21.1 off of the Garmin website. The GTN 750 worked one time. Fired up sim last night, same black screen issue. Just tried again, still black screen issue.

Thoughts?

Just a quick update... I reinstalled the 6.21.1 trainer again, and back in business. Is there any way to keep it from changing the trainer file??

Edited by Piper5299X

@Piper5299X Hi, it would be difficult to find out what could be 'modifying' your GTN trainer installation/files to the point you'd have to reinstall the trainer to solve this problem. If there is any future 'black screen' the first step is to always review the content of the RXP log files. They might give you clues and help identifying the root cause.

@smaze17 Hi, this is rather simple: you've purchased the product at the same time a new Garmin trainer was released. In this case, the product won't work until we release an update which we did in about 24H. I understand it appears as if it is a steep learning curve, like most things aeronautical, but with some practice and reading you'll quickly get the best of it in no time! Don't forget to extensively use the forum search, there are 18000+ messages here!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hello. Thanks for the reply. I believe I have the most recent garmin trainer. I have automatic updates selected. Please look at my log file below. I have been unable to power the 750 in any of my aircraft. Do the Gramin trainers have to be on for the 750 to power up in x-plane? It does not say this in the manual so I'm assuming no.

Thank you.

-S

Spoiler

[GTN_750_1]
; comma separated list of render targets.
drawto = WINDOW, PANEL3D
; is the master device if true.
MasterDevice = true
Rheostat.Buttons = -100
LinkCrs = true
LinkObs = true
LinkVor = true
PowerSource = ALWAYS_ON
UseRyanTcad = false
FuelType = AVGAS
; TAWS approach air speed (knots) or -1 (auto detect Vref: 96)
TawsApprSpeed = 115
; TAWS flap extension speed (knots) or -1 (auto detect Vfe: 999)
TawsFlapSpeed = 150
; TAWS gear extension speed (knots) or -1 (auto detect Vle: 999)
TawsGearSpeed = 160
VoicePref = MALE
; aviation db: 0: nav_db2_grm, 1: nav_db2, 2: nav_heli_db2_grmn, 3: nav_heli_db2
NavDbType = 1
; connects to: 'PFC_GTN' or any '#PID' (#D067 for PFC_GTN)
; no value connects to first found, 'OFF' disables connection.
HardwareDevice = 
; hardware selector number or -1 to disable.
HardwareIdx = -1
UseTcadAiCount = false

[GTN_750_1.WINDOW]
; display window if true.
visible = true
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = false
; display type: WINDOW,PANEL2D,PANEL3D,PANELS
frame.type = WINDOW
; display position and dimension (left,top,width,height)
frame.rect = 363,1320,830,692
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false (use SHIFT to override)
usemouse = true
; display mouse tooltips if true.
tooltips = false
; freeze display position if true.
locked = false
; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires SHIFT+left mouse button).
popleft = false
; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires XP11.1).
popright = true
; display as popout window if true (requires XP11.1).
undocked = false
; VR mode position and dimension (left,top,width,height) (requires XP11.20)
vrmode.rect = 0,790,830,790
; auto hide in external view if true.
autohide = false

[GTN_750_1.PANEL3D]
; display window if true.
visible = true
; show screen only gauge if true.
nobezel = true
; display type: WINDOW,PANEL2D,PANEL3D,PANELS
frame.type = PANEL3D
; display position and dimension (left,top,width,height)
frame.rect = 1218,2048,830,1024
; screen only border size (pixels).
border.size = 0
; screen only border color (#RGB or #RGBA).
border.rgba = #000000
; enable mouse clickspots if true, disable if false (use SHIFT to override)
usemouse = true
; left mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires SHIFT+left mouse button).
popleft = true
; right mouse button on the screen toggles popup window if true (requires XP11.1).
popright = true

Edited by RXP

Hi, this is not a log file.

Please search the user's manual for "log files", it is also in the index...