Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

New LINDA + FSUIPC6 but on P3Dv4

Hello!

As I updated FSUIPC to 6 I tried to use the new LINDA version - But I am still on P3Dv4. I thought that we can use the old buttonprofiles on the new LINDA... did I get this wrong?

- I backed up everthing in the Modules folder, deleted the folders "linda" and "linda-cfg" and also the files "ipcReady.lua", "LINDA.exe" and "linda.lua".

- Then I copied all the files for new LINDA version into the Modules folder.

- After this I inserted my backed up "linda/aircrafts" folders, and the "linda-cfg/aircrafts" folders into the new LINDA folder structure.

But when I start LINDA and synch with the sim I can see all my profiles in the dropdown of LINDA but they are all empty.

Thank you very much!

Edited by Rhinozherous

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Hi,

FSUIPC6 and LINDA 3.2.5 will work for P3Dv4. Where have you installed FSUIPC6? It can be in c:/users/{your name}/documents/prepar3d v4 add-ons/FSUIPC6 or /P3Dv4/modules. You need to install LINDA 3.2.5 into the same folder. Then copy your backup respective /aircrafts folders into /linda and /linda-cfg. You can also copy your old fsuipc5.ini file into the same folder and rename it fsuipc6.ini.

With this set up LINDA should work as before.

PS. Please run the fault diagnosis procedure and email me your logs.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

1 hour ago, ScotFlieger said:

Hi,

FSUIPC6 and LINDA 3.2.5 will work for P3Dv4. Where have you installed FSUIPC6? It can be in c:/users/{your name}/documents/prepar3d v4 add-ons/FSUIPC6 or /P3Dv4/modules. You need to install LINDA 3.2.5 into the same folder. Then copy your backup respective /aircrafts folders into /linda and /linda-cfg. You can also copy your old fsuipc5.ini file into the same folder and rename it fsuipc6.ini.

With this set up LINDA should work as before.

PS. Please run the fault diagnosis procedure and email me your logs.

I thought that FSUIPC has installed into the Modules folder but I also have FSUIPC Folder in add-ons folder. But the ini, dll and the key file where in the module folder only... I had to copy over these three files to get LINDA happy after installing it to the add-ons folder. But now I get errors about a "violation" and it says that there are unknown joysticks.... I think I roll back to the old LINDA.

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

FSUIPC6 does create an add-ons FSUIPC6 in all cases. If you are using the /modules location then you will see a add-ons.xml file in the FSUIPC6 folder that points to the /modules/FSUIPC6.dll file. This is required for it to be used by P3D.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

19 minutes ago, Rhinozherous said:

and it says that there are unknown joysticks.... I think I roll back to the old LINDA.

As for the unknown joysticks do what the error message says at the bottom. Go to the <flightsim folder>\Modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\FSX Default folder and edit the config-hid.lua file (use notepad) and remove all lines except for the first line.

If you have any of the controllers that is mentioned in the config-hid.lua file attached, leave those in the file.

rgds

Søren

Søren Rasmussen

CPU: Intel i9-9900K @ 5Ghz | GPU: ASUS GeForce RTX 3080 ti 11Gb| MoBo: ASUS | OS: Win10 Pro 64bit ver. 1709 | RAM: 32GB 4 x 8GB Corsair | HD:  1 Samsung SSD 840 Pro 500GB, 1 Samsung SSD 850 Pro 500GB, 1 Seagate 2TB SATA | Monitor: 1 BenQ 24" | Resolution: 1920x1080x32, Maximized Window Mode | Sims: P3Dv4.4 Professional, FSX SP2 | Other Add-Ons: FSUIPC v5, FSL A320x, PMDG 737, PMDG 744 QUOTSII, PMDG 777, Navigraph NavData & charts

10 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

FSUIPC6 does create an add-ons FSUIPC6 in all cases. If you are using the /modules location then you will see a add-ons.xml file in the FSUIPC6 folder that points to the /modules/FSUIPC6.dll file. This is required for it to be used by P3D.

Okay, I get that now. But then we are at the beginning, as I installed it into the modules folder and the old profiles didnt work.

In your first reply you asked me to run a fault diagnosis.. where can I find this?

8 minutes ago, Swolski said:

As for the unknown joysticks do what the error message says at the bottom. Go to the <flightsim folder>\Modules\linda-cfg\aircrafts\FSX Default folder and edit the config-hid.lua file (use notepad) and remove all lines except for the first line.

If you have any of the controllers that is mentioned in the config-hid.lua file attached, leave those in the file.

rgds

Søren

Will do that, thank you!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

The procedure is marked PLEASE READ on the LINDA Support sub-forum. I only need to see this if things are still not working  

The problem with config-hid.lua file is that it contains Joystick devices no longer connected to your system. Either plug in the missing controller and restart LINDA or copy the /Linda-cfg/system/config-hid.lua file from your backup to your new setup.

Edited by ScotFlieger

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

20 minutes ago, ScotFlieger said:

The procedure is marked PLEASE READ on the LINDA Support sub-forum. I only need to see this if things are still not working  

The problem with config-hid.lua file is that it contains Joystick devices no longer connected to your system. Either plug in the missing controller and restart LINDA or copy the /Linda-cfg/system/config-hid.lua file from your backup to your new setup.

I installed it all over again - with the config-hid file from the backup - now everything seems to work fine!

Thank you for help and sorry for the inconveniences!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

No apology needed. At least you have it working.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK