Sign in to follow this  
moespeeds

Chatter and Radio Messages get cut off in the HS TBM-900?

I've been using P2ATC for over a year, and I'm very happy with it. I recently bought the Hotstart TBM900, and most of the time my radio messages from P2ATC are cut off or cut short, so I only hear the first few words. Same goes for the XATC chatter. Any ideas on this? I asked on the HS forum and Discord and was ignored.

I did some searching, and found someone else had an issue where it was switching COM channels, but I don't have that issue, channel is not changing.

TIA

If it's only happening with the one aircraft, then it can only be the way they've implemented the radios.

If you switch aircraft and all works fine, then that is definitely it.  Some airliners do have a config setting that allows external programs, like P2A, to interact with their radios.  Look for such a setting in your TBM900 that is related to radio operations.

Dave

Thank you for the reply Dave, I meant to update this and forgot. The problem was with the gtn750. I unchecked an option for it to control the radios and now p2atc works fine. 

I forget the option, but I'll update it tmrw when I'm in front of the computer. 

While I'm here, I'd like to commend you on having the best customer service in this industry. Every time I've ever emailed you, you've responded immediately, and have always shown infinite patience. Thanks again, I'll update this tmrw.