Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Epic Games Store MEGA Sale - Until 06/11

The Epic Games store is having a mega sale. Titles up to 75% off + $10 Coupon. 

I bought Metro Exodus for $9.99 and Vampyr for $4.99

Warning: The Epic Games store doesn't have a shopping cart, and if you buy more than 4 games back to back the system will flag your account and block you, requiring you to contact customer service. 

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/collection/mega-sale-games

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be honest I haven't played a FPS game since Half-Life and Medal of Honor. How is Metro Exodus?

3 hours ago, Samaritano said:

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be honest I haven't played a FPS game since Half-Life and Medal of Honor. How is Metro Exodus?

Metro Exodus is hands down my favorite FPS of the last 5 years (The other Metro games are excellent as well, but Exodus is 4A Games Magnum Opus IMHO). Rich in story and immersion, with a great soundtrack, and well worth the price of entry at full price. Be sure to pick up the two DLC stories as well, and play them AFTER you finish the main game (one of them spoils the main story and the other is best enjoyed after playing the main story to flesh out a location you visit).

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

3 hours ago, Samaritano said:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, pmanhart said:

Metro Exodus is hands down my favorite FPS of the last 5 years (The other Metro games are excellent as well, but Exodus is 4A Games Magnum Opus IMHO). Rich in story and immersion, with a great soundtrack, and well worth the price of entry at full price. Be sure to pick up the two DLC stories as well, and play them AFTER you finish the main game (one of them spoils the main story and the other is best enjoyed after playing the main story to flesh out a location you visit).

Cool. I believe they have a bundle that includes DLC. 

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Holy word not allowed that was crazy good 😱. Graphics are amazing. Hopefully my 1080ti with an i7 4790k run this game.
Do you guys get dizzy playing these modern FPS?

16 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

The Epic Games store is having a mega sale. Titles up to 75% off + $10 Coupon. 

I bought Metro Exodus for $9.99 and Vampyr for $4.99

Warning: The Epic Games store doesn't have a shopping cart, and if you buy more than 4 games back to back the system will flag your account and block you, requiring you to contact customer service. 

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/collection/mega-sale-games

uhm.. yeah, it started over 3 weeks ago...

14 hours ago, Samaritano said:

The entire series is very good. For one thing, it's a refreshing change from the usual fps shooter genre. 

I'd recommend not starting with Exodus; rather, if you really want to get the full experience, so to speak, start with Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl (maybe even play Stalker: Call of Pripyat and Stalker: Clear Sky), all three have an extensive mod community behind them. In order to fully enjoy Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl you will absolutely need to install a mod that patches many of the games bugs and adds new atmospheric and game play enhancements. For example, https://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009 or https://www.moddb.com/mods/autumn-aurora-compilation-mod

Then, move on to the Metro series: Metro 2033 (Redux), Metro Last Light (Redux) and Metro Exodus. The first two have been remastered and are usually available for under $20.

Now, if you really wanted to get into the whole post-Chernobyl dystopian Russian future thing, you could also read the books the Metro series is based on:Metro 2033, Metro 2034 and Metro 2035 by Dmitri Alexejewitsch Gluchowski.

Dig deeper and you'll end up with the book "Roadside Picnic" by the Strugatsky brothers. The latter was turned into the movie "Stalker" by famous Russian director Andrei Tarkovsky. 

HBO released "Chernobyl", a 5-part series, in 2019.

• Like 1

Great. Thanks for the recommendations Ricardo. I’ll definitely look into Stalker.