Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Aeroplane Heaven DC-3/C-47 patch available.

38 minutes ago, newtie said:

In the AVSIM library...

dc3_pw1830_sound_v1.zip

Cheers,
Mark

thanks! ill try that 🙂

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

12 hours ago, snapshot21 said:

Does anyone else experience some sort of sound phasing with the engines? I find it distracting and it detracts from what should be a beautiful sound from these radial engines.

By this do you mean when you switch to an Outside View you can hear the engines 'revving steadily' then they 'drop down' & flatten out in sound note, but no engine or other control inputs have occurred??

That is what I hear.

T45

14 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

By this do you mean when you switch to an Outside View you can hear the engines 'revving steadily' then they 'drop down' & flatten out in sound note, but no engine or other control inputs have occurred??

That is what I hear.

T45

Yup its that. And the soundpack previously linked does fix the problem 🙂

How is the quality of the Freeware sound pack?  I’m still on the fence buying the DC-3 and the thought of having to add a freeware soundpack to a payware aircraft is a bit of a turn-off...but if the quality is great then no issue.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On 6/12/2020 at 12:42 PM, snapshot21 said:

Yup its that. And the soundpack previously linked does fix the problem 🙂

Snapshot21, can you confirm that you have applied the soundpack to to AH DC-3/C47, please.

The readme with the soundpack refers to the Manfred Jahn DC-3/C47.  I guess that it could 'fit' with the AH model.

Cheers

Jock McIntyre

5 minutes ago, Jockos said:

Snapshot21, can you confirm that you have applied the soundpack to to AH DC-3/C47, please.

The readme with the soundpack refers to the Manfred Jahn DC-3/C47.  I guess that it could 'fit' with the AH model.

Cheers

Yes it definitely works 🙂 just the "sound" folder though. The files that go to the panel folder that relates to the startup sounds do not work, as I think they are specifically coded for the Manfred Jahn C47. But the startup sounds for the AH is good enough anyway 🙂

8 minutes ago, snapshot21 said:

Yes it definitely works 🙂 just the "sound" folder though. The files that go to the panel folder that relates to the startup sounds do not work, as I think they are specifically coded for the Manfred Jahn C47. But the startup sounds for the AH is good enough anyway 🙂

Thanks for the clarification and 'Panel tip'.

I will give it a shot.

Cheers

Jock McIntyre

Btw. according info from AH FB the new patch incoming:

Aeroplane Heaven C-47/DC3 Upgrade V2
We announce a further upgrade to our popular C-47/DC3 packages for P3DV4.5 and V5.
The upgrade consists of several model improvements including adjustments to the gear geometry and other small fixes.
Also, some texture improvements to existing liveries and the addition of four new liveries – KLM, British United Airways, Aer Lingus and Buffalo Airways.
A new model variant has been added. This is the “ViewMaster” variant, especially popular in Australia. The ViewMaster had two pairs of side windows replaced by “panorama” windows with associated facing seats to take in wide expansive views of the world outside. Based on the American DC3 fuselage, the passenger door was repositioned to the left side to match the standard British layout.
Additional improvements have also been made to the system code to correct some lighting errors.
To take advantage of the complete upgrade package, it will be necessary to re-download the entire pack from your chosen vendor.

S4MxFtYh.jpg

In the last week I sent to AH also list of issues noticed by me in 1.2 version. Fingers crossed.

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

This plane is still horrible. I hope I save someone some money before they buy this slug. Too bad because this plane has potential.

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

1 hour ago, Daytona125 said:

This plane is still horrible. I hope I save someone some money before they buy this slug. Too bad because this plane has potential.

I think this opinion is exaggerated, for sure its not A2A or PMDG, its AH quality 😉 , what do you mean exactly? Its good idea to write to support of AH also before this 1.3 patch, complaining alone won't do much.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

21 hours ago, YoYo said:

I think this opinion is exaggerated, for sure its not A2A or PMDG, its AH quality 😉 , what do you mean exactly? Its good idea to write to support of AH also before this 1.3 patch, complaining alone won't do much.

You are right, this software is not A2A, PMDG or even Carenado quality, not even close, should be a lot closer considering the price. Have you looked at the props while the plane is cold and dark and they are not even spinning? There is prop blur spinning around the not turning props. If you use VR and you look at the engines the prop shafts are not even connected to the engines, there is a space. Clicking on many switches in the usual way(right, left and mouse wheel)often produces the click sounds but the switches don't even move. Turning on one switch often turns on many other switches, not very realistic and just plain lazy on the programmers part. Try turning off the starter after a failed engine start, the prop stops spinning as it should but the starter keeps making noise. Aeroplane Heaven advertises that this plane is compatible with the awesome Flight 1 GTN and Milviz weather radar but the only way it works is when you go to a different view using shift A and losing your instrument panel, again really un-realistic, yes I have tried the dials on the main panel (shows the instruments but nothing is clickable). Turning on one blower raises the MAP on both engines. I am going to stop here but I could go on.

I've always wanted this plane so as soon as I seen Aeroplane Heaven's advertising videos and a few reviews I bought it. I've never been happy with this rather expensive plane and I am just trying to let others know my thoughts before they buy it. There are a few reviews of this plane on the net but I feel they are not honest reviews, at least I haven't come across any I feel are honest. All I am saying to anyone considering this plane is do some homework before you do purchase it. I must say the plane is beautiful to look at but because of this plane I won't be buying anything else from Aeroplane Heaven. This is just my opinion so buy it if you are interested, hopefully you will have better luck with it than I have had.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

Thx for mini review. I have this addon too, the full package with C-47 and I fly VR too. 

btw. You can always write to support (by email) if you find something. 

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Btw. Im near finish of the skin for AH DC-3 "Delta Air Lines" NC28341.

I'll wait for 1.3 patch to check that's everything is o'right with this skin on new version of the model so its preview only. Many changes and a lot of work here with this but its near done ;).

fmRwiIQ.jpg

8olewZ3.jpg

seHPTEp.jpg

SiCUHZC.gif

lUbjTi3.jpg

O119pK7.jpg

NnEvbgU.jpg

Btw2. The real NC28341 is a little different version, so you can notice differences in covers of engine, exhaust, 7, not 8 windows, smaller passenger door and a few small, less important things but it corresponds to a large extent to the original one. I even noticed that these belts on the nacelles of the engines covers are not straight, but they narrow slightly at first and then widen so and that's have been done. Regards!

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Btw. this 1.3 version (patched) is out. Check your store.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif