Sign in to follow this  
janbergwall01

Runway and Sid assignment

Hi,

I've been using the eminent P2A since feb 2018 and generally happy with it, but there is one thing that is annoying.

I get my flightplan from Simbrief and paste it into P2A. I choose Runway and Sid, Star, Cruize and Approach. BUT - when sending it to ATC and getting green for the FPL, ATC often changes not only the Runway but also the SID! I have tried all thinkable ways of settings in config but ATC still change my FPL when confirming. It's rather annoying to say the least and mostly happens with variable windspeed and calm conditions.

So - what are the correct and exact config settings for me to decide runway/SID so ATC will accept it without changing anything? STAR is usually no problem. 

7 minutes ago, janbergwall01 said:

mostly happens with variable windspeed and calm conditions.

tailwind touchdowns are not assigned by .........

for now, cheers

john martin

Just uncheck the 3 options "ATC Assigns SID", "ATC Assigns STAR", and "ATC Assigns Approach".  Then check the "Force Pilot Runway Selection" option.

That should do it.

Dave

1 hour ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Just uncheck the 3 options "ATC Assigns SID", "ATC Assigns STAR", and "ATC Assigns Approach".  Then check the "Force Pilot Runway Selection" option.

That should do it.

Dave

Thanks for the quick answer. But this is exactly what I have done and still ATC neglect my FPL. Should I re-install P2ATC and will my settings stay if I do? Is there a config.txt somewhere I can open and then backup?

After you uncheck the options, are they checked the next time you open the program?

Config options are saved in the AppConfig.xml file at:

c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml
where <UserName> is your PC user name.  

If your option selections are not persisting from one session to the next, this file is probably corrupt and should be deleted.  It will be rebuilt and should then start working properly.

Dave

3 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

After you uncheck the options, are they checked the next time you open the program?

Config options are saved in the AppConfig.xml file at:

c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml
where <UserName> is your PC user name.  

If your option selections are not persisting from one session to the next, this file is probably corrupt and should be deleted.  It will be rebuilt and should then start working properly.

Dave

To answer your question: - The config settings are not changing after reloading P2ATC or rebooting Win10.

I found the AppConfig.xml file but can't see any problems there. It opens nicely and is updated today with the correct date. It's rather big so I will not paste it here. But if you tell me what you want to see, I can copy just that and past into the post. There's another alternative, that I copy it to my Google Drive and provide you with the link if it's not possible to copy and paste to the post.

If the options are being saved, then no need to see the AppConfig file.

If you could email me (admin@pilot2atc.com) a screenshot of your FltPln tab of Config, I can review the settings and see what the problem might be.

Thanks,
Dave